How-To: Install a Big Bore Kit (Honda PCX 125 non-eSP)

Maintenance, guides, and walkthroughs for your PCX. Please do not post questions about repairing or fixing your bike here.

Moderator: Modsquad

power-full
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2010
Color: preta

Re: How-To: Install a Big Bore Kit (Honda PCX 125 non-eSP)

Post by power-full »

Pcxdemon wrote:Must get 150 head too ideally, it has bigger valves and ports. Deff more power and less chance from overheating. Also get yourself forza 35mm TB its awesome and its a straight fit. If you chose to keep 125 head, then you must do this...In the maddies photos above you will see a photo of a 125 head water ports with a 170 head gasket aligned on the head. You will also see that the 170 or for that matter 164cc cylinder ports from the head gasket don't align properly with 125 water ports. Do the same mock up and then use a black marker and colour in the metal on the 125 head water port that doesn't align any more. After that use either a dremel tool or a small file and process those ports biggest to align properly with the head gasket. Its very easy to do. After that you shouldn't have any more troubles with overheating. Also Install the plug Yuminashi specifies as that will actually run your motor few degrees cooler. I know as i have water temp meter and it clearly shows the difference.

hi thanks for the tip of the head joint, I already use a cooler candle and platinum, I am using a cr9eix.
Thanks again for the tip
https://www.facebook.com/sergiofininho
Pcx powerfull kit yuminashi 168cc
93000km 23.03.2022 dont stop..
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

cr10ex is the best!
Mikes150pcx
Year: 2019
Color: Metallic grey

Post by Mikes150pcx »

If you think you are going to destroy your bike the don't tear it down! This was funny as hell and reminds me of people who say I'm a mechanic but can't figure out how to piece back together. I have seen it over and over! Don't think, just know what your limitations are.
Mikes150pcx
Year: 2019
Color: Metallic grey

Post by Mikes150pcx »

Good job on this bigbore installation! It takes some of your time developing your steps. It's very help for a long time to come!