Anybody Riding?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: anybody riding?

Post by Old Grinner »

Took the Bandit and KLR out for a stretch on the roads yesterday. Saw a ton of motorcycles and a few scooters too.

Put some 89 octane in the KLR. Price was down to $2.29 a gallon.

Weather was sunny and warmer. Beach areas were somewhat crowded with walkers/joggers/bicycles. People just want this nightmare to be over . . .. :|
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Duplicate Post
This occurs every so often - WN
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

First ride of the year for me yesterday. Quick runaround, fresh petrol and a jet wash.

Roads are empty of vehicles but full of pedestrians, cyclists, joggers, hikers...
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I took a short ride yesterday and it felt great! Traffic was at a minimum, the sun was shining, it was 81°F with a nice breeze with some gusts but not bad. Then the sky started getting dark. Looked like a real storm was coming, so I headed home. Wouldn't you know it, the storm bypassed us and all we got was about 15 minutes of light rain...after I had put the bike away. Well, there will be other days for riding before we put the bikes away forever.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

No ride for me today but I'm glad others have been able to get out on the tarmac and clock some riding time. :D

Today I spent over an hour waiting in line in my cage to get a couple of masks courtesy of my Town. Nice of them to do that but it seemed like everybody had the same idea to get there when I did. They did the best they could under the circumstances. It's tough to find anywhere that has them "in stock" to buy online.

I guess you can wear them many times if you keep them clean.

When I got home it started to sprinkle so I decided to just take it easy and let the tide roll away so-to-speak.
100_5078a.jpg
relic
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red white

Post by relic »

your comments and picture led me here.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Old Grinner wrote: Today I spent over an hour waiting in line in my cage to get a couple of masks courtesy of my Town. Nice of them to do that but it seemed like everybody had the same idea to get there when I did. They did the best they could under the circumstances. It's tough to find anywhere that has them "in stock" to buy online.
There is someone in our area who is making and giving away cloth masks that are double layered and pleated. I don't know how effective they are, but they are better than nothing.

Our daughter who lives in Seattle sent us some that she made as well. Her masks have a velcro pocket where you can insert filters. I have heard the coffee filters will work.

I have a shop breather mask for when I am sawing and generally making a mess. I can use those filters in the homemade mask. I also have some spare vacuum cleaner bags that can be cut up to use as filter inserts.

I use a pipe cleaner in the pocket, where it goes over my nose, and pinch it down so that the mask fits tighter and won't fog my glasses as much.

I can rotate masks, cleaning one or two in my laundry with some Lysol laundry sanitizer.

Also, my doctor's office gave us some disposable rubber gloves, plus we put some of those wipes in a ziplock baggie that they offer at grocery stores for wiping down your cart, and carry them with us everywhere. (Remember, I have leukemia so we can't take chances.)

I hope these suggestions will give you ideas for when you can't find these things at the store.

https://smile.amazon.com/Lysol-Laundry- ... 174&sr=8-2
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

My wife has so far made over 50 double layered and pleated masks and has distributed them to local medical offices and neighbors who have asked for them. I am so proud of her. 8)
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

Managed to get out for a ride from Nanaimo to Victoria. Toodled around Sidney and Saanich as well. Beautiful warm day about 25 deg C. Picture is of the beaches of off Dallas Dr. The property’s in this area are amazing. All said and done put on 376km. Oh, and the bugs are out. Had the pleasure of them crawling around inside my helmet. Getting good at ignoring them.
Attachments
0C3AA256-7965-4131-BA72-71A79FF75383.jpeg
0C3AA256-7965-4131-BA72-71A79FF75383.jpeg (444.98 KiB) Viewed 4926 times
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Might have been, might not have...
Attachments
23FF3A37-E4DF-44B3-BE59-87FEF0A8CDD7.jpeg
23FF3A37-E4DF-44B3-BE59-87FEF0A8CDD7.jpeg (13.07 KiB) Viewed 4906 times
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)
Color: White

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Out and about en France - spotted this cool Jeep. :)
Attachments
IMG_8065.JPG
IMG_8065.JPG (188.58 KiB) Viewed 4838 times
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

MikeP wrote:Managed to get out for a ride from Nanaimo to Victoria. Toodled around Sidney and Saanich as well. Beautiful warm day about 25 deg C. Picture is of the beaches of off Dallas Dr. The property’s in this area are amazing. All said and done put on 376km. Oh, and the bugs are out. Had the pleasure of them crawling around inside my helmet. Getting good at ignoring them.
Hit a sheep have ye'?
...sad business. .
Sometimes, after drinking, my brother in law sits on his cat.
Fish
MikeP
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: White /red

Post by MikeP »

fish wrote:
MikeP wrote:Managed to get out for a ride from Nanaimo to Victoria. Toodled around Sidney and Saanich as well. Beautiful warm day about 25 deg C. Picture is of the beaches of off Dallas Dr. The property’s in this area are amazing. All said and done put on 376km. Oh, and the bugs are out. Had the pleasure of them crawling around inside my helmet. Getting good at ignoring them.
Hit a sheep have ye'?
...sad business. .
Sometimes, after drinking, my brother in law sits on his cat.
Fish
The sheepskin makes for a very comfortable ride on that brick they call a seat!
I have managed to hit a young deer though a few years back. I bounced right over him. We both got away unharmed. It was on this very bike. A real eye opener, there was mama and 4 kidlets. The last one got it.

Managed to run away with my therapist, The tree in the water, I have been photographing since it was a seedling some 6 or so years ago.
Named the tree perseverance
Attachments
09F8DF61-D5FF-41FD-8060-96279A9A5B4D.jpeg
09F8DF61-D5FF-41FD-8060-96279A9A5B4D.jpeg (131.56 KiB) Viewed 4818 times
0EFB0FCF-02EA-49B3-817F-88F335846816.jpeg
0EFB0FCF-02EA-49B3-817F-88F335846816.jpeg (124.14 KiB) Viewed 4818 times
Happiness is two wheels and a full tank of gas!
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2016
Color: silver

Post by big bear »

took the pcx the x max and the 2020 zuma all for rides today the 2015 zuma stayed home
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Yesterday I got a couple of rides in around town. Being "Memorial Day" the flags displayed were abundant in respect for those who've served selflessly.

People seem to be flocking to the shore areas although it's still early in the season.

I guess folks are tired of being cooped up . . .. :roll:
Fnwda.jpg
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I rode one of our bikes out to our new house yesterday and stored it there. It was an hour ride and it was great! The house is only 38 miles away but there are no direct roads to it. Talk about out in the country, it definitely is. Civilization is slowly coming to that area. The subdivision is 20 years old but the county itself has been considered remote for all of that time. Now civilization has expanded to it, so big box stores are coming up everywhere in this county.

My wife and I are the only ones doing this move, thanks to Covid-19, so we are exhausted and very sore. We have cleared one bedroom, half of the basement, part of the kitchen, and 3 of the 5 TVs. Everything seems to be going into our storage area for "staging". We have had to take our time in order to move things out of there, install shelving, and add things such as medicine cabinets, shelving, and locks for the doors. Renting the moving truck is our biggest expense right now, but we HOPE we can find some individuals to help us move, for $20/hr. We can't continue by ourselves much longer.

(Side note: our son and his family live a mile away from us at the moment [pre-move location] but are too busy spending their money on vacations, swimming pools, new cars, etc. to even help us pack. They make more money than we ever dreamed of making but can't seem to have the time to hire someone to cut our grass once in a while. All I can say is KARMA...)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

(Side note: our son and his family live a mile away from us at the moment [pre-move location] but are too busy spending their money on vacations, swimming pools, new cars, etc. to even help us pack. They make more money than we ever dreamed of making but can't seem to have the time to hire someone to cut our grass once in a while. All I can say is KARMA...)
Sorry to hear that Mel . . ..

Forgive them for they know not what they do.

Think of it as pulling a thorn off your big toe to relieve the pain. :D

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:I rode one of our bikes out to our new house yesterday and stored it there. It was an hour ride and it was great! The house is only 38 miles away but there are no direct roads to it. Talk about out in the country, it definitely is. Civilization is slowly coming to that area. The subdivision is 20 years old but the county itself has been considered remote for all of that time. Now civilization has expanded to it, so big box stores are coming up everywhere in this county.

My wife and I are the only ones doing this move, thanks to Covid-19, so we are exhausted and very sore. We have cleared one bedroom, half of the basement, part of the kitchen, and 3 of the 5 TVs. Everything seems to be going into our storage area for "staging". We have had to take our time in order to move things out of there, install shelving, and add things such as medicine cabinets, shelving, and locks for the doors. Renting the moving truck is our biggest expense right now, but we HOPE we can find some individuals to help us move, for $20/hr. We can't continue by ourselves much longer.

Have you asked them to help?
honkerman
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Black

Post by honkerman »

Went about 200 miles from home to visit with my wife's family. Did some exploring. Got what I thought was a cool pic of the old depot in Falls Creek, Pennsylvania.
Attachments
IMG_6748.jpg
IMG_6748.jpg (473.94 KiB) Viewed 4753 times
Paul Smith
scootinfool.blogspot.com
Scootin' Fool on YouTube
Lancaster County Pennsylvania
2013 Honda PCX-150 (Angry Hornet) - Leo Vince Corsa Exhaust, NCY Variator (13g Rollers), NCY shocks, Givi D322S windscreen, NCY drum brake actuator arm, Denali Soundbomb mini horn
2006 Piaggio Beverly 250 (Rosa)
Old Grinner
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Old Grinner »

Went about 200 miles from home to visit with my wife's family. Did some exploring. Got what I thought was a cool pic of the old depot in Falls Creek, Pennsylvania.
Old historical sites are fascinating.

Be careful on your travels in PA though. There is a murder suspect on the loose who was last seen walking train tracks near a Walmart. He killed two people in Connecticut. Check your news . . ..

https://www.wtnh.com/top-news/its-time- ... imself-in/