Buying a 2014 Forza tomorrow

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Buying a 2014 Forza tomorrow

Post by EddieC »

Hey guys! Long time no see. I used to be pretty active here before I had kids and think I was the second member after Dave made the site. Good to see my how to’s are still alive and some familiar faces still active here! So I totaled my 2011 PCX in 2013 going over the hood of a Prius, and never owned another scooter or motorcycle until possibly tomorrow. Meanwhile, I’ve been pretty heavy into the goped standup scooter scene, but have grown tired of working on them more than riding them and decided to start looking for another PCX. In my search I stumbled across the forza and knew I had to have one. I’ll be picking up this beauty tomorrow. Seller is a MC mechanic as a living and completely went through the thing. New cvt components and belt, tires, brakes, etc. 13k miles and I agreed to $2300 which I feel is very fair for my area. The seller also replaced the plastics 3 months ago as it was cheaper than painting, so it looks showroom ready. Can’t wait to have another hop on and go machine available for the errands and weeekends. I promised my wife I wouldn’t be commuting on it. :D

Also, yes he has the windshield and front fender.. I’ll probably be looking for a tall windshield and a top box shortly.

Hope you all are doing well!
Attachments
6DA15BF3-311E-4946-95C4-6D4AFF05BCDC.jpeg
6DA15BF3-311E-4946-95C4-6D4AFF05BCDC.jpeg (215.51 KiB) Viewed 1208 times
09C70C4C-CEA5-4D3E-B052-ECA982880783.jpeg
09C70C4C-CEA5-4D3E-B052-ECA982880783.jpeg (270.03 KiB) Viewed 1208 times
Inoplanetyanin
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: WHITE

Re: Buying a 2014 Forza tomorrow

Post by Inoplanetyanin »

Nice, the only issue with Forzas is the crazy prices for OEM parts... Forza belt is like 180$ whereas the PCX is 40$, some goes for variator faces
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

Well the deal on that first scooter fell through... good thing too because I wound up expanding my search radius and found one over an hour away with just 650 miles on it! It’s red and I’ll actually be the third owner. First owner had a parking lot spill and scratched up most of the plastics on the left side and never ran it again. Second owner purchased at 600 miles and put 50 miles on it over 18 months and sold to me due to non-use as he has other toys. I paid $2,200 and am planning on ordering a set of orange plastics from Thailand for about $350 shipped. Basically a brand new bike for less than half of MSRP. STOKED!

Pics and updates to follow. Good to be back
davenowherejones
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2014
Color: Silver

Post by davenowherejones »

Mine was also a parking lot fall over written off by our government run insurance company at about 800 km.

A lot of my plastic fasteners were broken. I replaced them with screws where possible.

The Forza is a heavy scooter. You have to pay attention.

My previous owner was a small? Asian guy. He also had a passenger from the scuff marks around the passenger pegs.

I am a short old slightly chubby guy and it is a heavy scooter. Two of me and the scooter is overweight.

When I got my Forza it had no oil in the forks. Maybe that is why it crashed??? It would bottom out on a 1 inch bump. It was awful. Good now.
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

I found my new Forza very easy and drama free on my very first ride home, through city streets. And I was coming from a 163cc Chinese built scooter.
I was impressed with its low center of gravity and confident low speed handling as I maneuvered it home that 1st ride!
I am a touch over 6'3"...
Fish
Austins
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016 Forza 300
Color: White

Post by Austins »

I flew to another town and bought my Forza 2016, had 700km, almost new, first owner never used it much.

Then after changing oil and oil filter, I rode it back to my place, a 1000km trip over a relax 3 days, in Thai hot weather....! But it was a great adventure, and coming from 150/125cc bikes and scooters I thought I was on a spaceship all the way ...!

With the exception of a few issues I still like it 1.5 year on...
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Warning! Lots of smilies

:P Well Hello Eddie!! Long time (like 7 years) since you've been gone.
Great to Have You Back - shout-out Welcome!!

--> Hey guys 'n gals EddieC was active on our forums early on at which time he provided us with several Very helpful How-to's on the board. We are Forever thankful to him and All Members who take the time to lend a hand in this manner. Photos with explicit directions/pointers are such a plus!
So I (but I'm sure I could say "we") Thank You! :P

Back on topic....
Okay Eddie so the first Forza was a bust! The saying goes, Not meant to Be - and for a reason....something round the bend Was 8) Yes, the first (seen in pics) was very nice but I can't wait to See the REAL DEAL "With" the new Orange Tupperware!!

How long must we (including you :D ) wait?

WhiteNoise - still here after all these Years :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

Whats up WhiteNoise! Great to hear from you. 7 years! o_O

Knocking out an oil and filter change today... going to ride to a local shop when that's done to get the battery tested, but I might just replace it anyway. Tires seem to be in good condition... it was garage kept

I'm 80% leaning towards orange plastics. The blue looks nice as the other option.... I'll probably pull the trigger in the next week or so... delivery in 2-3 months for $70 or 1 month for $200. So about 3 months? :lol:

Meanwhile I won't worry about knocking into things while learning to maneuver it in my garage... and will be throwing it into the hands of my friends to make them jealous and buy one too. :P Once the orange (blue?) plastics are on It's allll mine. :D
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

Alright my $350 order turned into $600. :lol:

Got the orange plastics and a brown/black 26” windscreen that I’m hoping will compliment the orange well. Also bought a tall clear touring windscreen, a rear rack, new seat damper, and a new center stand and CVT cover that we’re bent/scuffed up as well. Shipping was by weight so with the add ons was about $110 and of course California is going to get their 10% sales tax..

Not happy that I spent so much 3 days into ownership, but let’s face it, it’s all inevitable! After the service I just did, I should have 8,000 miles of only adding gas, though I’m sure I’ll change my oil a bit more often. 8)

I’d post pictures of the new bike, but you all have seen a red forza before. I’ll start a new thread with some before/after and progress pictures when the parts come in. Put about 200 miles on it so far :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Patiently waiting to see photos of 300 forza flaunting new Orange duds 8)
What's money got to do with it :lol: :lol:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You