Alarms?

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

SmellyTofu
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Alarms?

Post by SmellyTofu »

maddiedog, thanks for the reddit link. Looks like rear disc lock was the thief's biggest struggle (short of GPS tracker) but as we know, the PCX doesn't have rear disc. What's our next best thing?
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

tremendousguilt wrote:basically you want it to appear to take a long time to steal. $100 disc lock on rear wheel, $150 chain/lock combo through hard parts not chain and not wheels, if it has to be a wheel put it through the rear one, lockable bike cover, and keep your steering locked
Sounds like a heavy chain, through the rear wheel, with a locking bike cover. You can also put an alarmed disc lock on the centerstand, all you'd have to do is drill a hole in the right place and you wouldn't be able to take the PCX off the centerstand without setting it off AND have it alarmed in a place that's nearly impossible to cut. ;)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Esdain
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Esdain »

my views on alarms is this.
i was goin to get one when i got my pcx. especially coz not long after i got it some kids decided to pick it up and walk down the street with it, they couldn;t work out how the stands worked so they just left it on its side. i was pissed off!
so i start thinking about an alarm but then something clicked. i could get an alarm but what if i am out for the day, lets say work for example, someone knocks my bike over, the alarm goes off, great. i get to my bike after working for 10hrs to find, a few things, 1: my bike on its side and oil running from the air filter, (£15 quid to replace) and 2: my battery dead coz the alarm has been sounding all day coz no one knows who the bike belongs to (£50 rto replace if not more)
i went out and bought a newer bigger chain instead and a disc lock.