Transporting a PCX in a minivan

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

SantinoInc
Year: 2019
Color: Gray

Transporting a PCX in a minivan

Post by SantinoInc »

Hey guys, I'm new here. I recently purchased a 19' PCX on eBay. It's located in VA but I'm in NY. I had a auto shipping company scheduled but they backed out on the day of pickup with some BS excuse. Now I'm thinking about taking the rear and middle seats out of my Mazda MPV minivan and attempting to pick this up myself. Have any of you guys ever transported your scoot in a minivan? Do you think this is a bad idea?
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: Transporting a PCX in a minivan

Post by mymitzi »

If that is only option?? Thinking the scooter would have to lay on its side. Could cause damage to van and scooter, YOU!
If you have a hitch on your van, a U haul motorcycle trailer rental is reasonable. Maybe you could borrow an appropriate
vehicle?? If it's your only option.......... Guessing laying it on its left side might prevent fluids from leaking and securing it as best
as possible?? Safer to drain fluids...........especially gas. Hope you can find another way.
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by Conelite »

I once got a flat and loaded up my bike in a Ford Escape... Laid on its side with the rear hatch open for 2 hours. No issues at all...
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I don't advise trying it. There are a lot of things that could go wrong, including getting there and finding that your minivan is too small. As I recall, a Mazda MPV is smaller than most minivans. That isn't a bad thing, but the PCX would have a bit of a problem not only fitting in it, but also because of the rear door, which may not be high enough for you to stand under it while wrestling with a 300 pound bike.

If you have a hitch on it, that would be the way to go. If not, borrow or rent a vehicle that does. Here is another thought on that. Drive or fly up to where the bike is and rent a U-haul truck that it can fit in. If you drive up in the minivan, bring someone along who can drive it back. You might even be able to rent a small truck, drive it up, pick up the bike, and drive it back, turning in the truck back in your area.

I once moved and had to rent a Penske truck and a car trailer to tow behind it. It was cheaper than U-haul. I put my bike in the truck, and my car was on a full auto trailer (not those towing dollies where only the front wheels are off the pavement.) It all worked out well and it was an easy drive.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Welcome aboard our forums! :P

Have you considered getting a quote from this company?
https://haulbikes.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwmI ... 4SEALw_wcB

One of their home bases is in Pennsylvania. Pretty convenient location, heh

Oh and congrats on the buy!
Keep us posted on the move
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
SantinoInc
Year: 2019
Color: Gray

Post by SantinoInc »

Thank you gentlemen for getting back to me...I didn't realize that I had replies. I guess I have to setup my options on the site differently. Anyway thought I ended up getting a company to do it for $300 and it should be here in a couple days. I'm really looking forward to playing around with this thing!
mymitzi
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by mymitzi »

Great............hope it all works out. Pretty sure you are going to enjoy it. Thanks for he comeback.
halluinoid
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2018
Color: blue

Post by halluinoid »

we need photos of the Mission!! would enjoy seeing that
2018 Honda Forza 300cc
big bear
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster