Strange grinding (?) movement under right foot around 8-10 kmh

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Leisuresuitgary
Year: 2021
Color: White

Strange grinding (?) movement under right foot around 8-10 kmh

Post by Leisuresuitgary »

I purchased a PCX 160 abs 2021 last week. I have noticed that when I slow down ( release accelerator ) as the bike reaches 10 kmh quite a strong and noticeable strange movement is felt under my right foot when it’s placed on the foot rest. It feels kind of like gentle grinding of metal, or as if something moving needs oiling that is under this area beneath my right foot. Then when the bike reaches below 8kmh it stops happening. It’s not a constant sensation.. just when the bike hits 8-10kmh and it almost feels like something is caught in the wheel arch so is happening on a rotation of something. I have checked everywhere and nothing is trapped under the bike.. So am concerned as to what this feeling is because it doesn’t feel smooth or healthy - like the bike feels at every other speed. I hope my description makes sense?!

This is not a strong vibration / shudder that some people have mentioned when accelerating from still.. I had a PCX 2019 which did that vibration / shudder thing.. this new issue is something different. Much more subtle but doesn’t feel right and is annoying to keep feeling under the foot when driving through slow moving traffic.

I am in Indonesia and tried to explain the issue to the mechanic at the Honda dealership I purchased the bike from, but a lot seemed to get lost in translation as when he tested the bike in front of me to check it, he sped away at 20kmh - drive up and down at that speed then braked to a quick stop.. and didn’t seem to understand when I repeatedly explained this issue was at 10kmh lol.

Any ideas as to what this could be would be really appreciated. Thanks!
Jge64
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 18 300 xmax
Color: White

Re: Strange grinding (?) movement under right foot around 8-10 kmh

Post by Jge64 »

Is this your first CVT scooter? My guess it’s just the operation of the variator… Normal…
Glen
‘15 PCX build thread here:
https://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
Current: ‘18 XMAX 300 & ‘22 NAVI