JCosta Variator for Honda ADV150

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.
Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

KNguyen
Year: 22
Color: red

JCosta Variator for Honda ADV150

Post by KNguyen »

I've had my ADV 150 for about four months now, and I think it's time to make some changes. I had a Yamaha S-Max and got used to the performance. I like everything about the ADV better, except the performance.
I had decided to get the Malossi variator, and then saw this JCosta variator.
https://scooterpartsco.com/honda/honda- ... da-adv-150

There's a lot of great information about some of the other options, and this variator seems to be very popular with bigger scooters, but I haven't found anyone who has put one on an ADV 150.
Does anyone have any firsthand experience with this JCosta Variator on the Honda ADV 150?
Realist
Year: 2021

Re: JCosta Variator for Honda ADV150

Post by Realist »

No info. on J.costa.
Recommend Malossi from personal experience. Have full Malossi transmission setup with 12.5gram rollers, impressive acceleration increase. Don't recommend mixing brands either stay with Malossi high quality and reliability they have been at it for around 70 years or so!!

KNguyen
Year: 22
Color: red

Re: JCosta Variator for Honda ADV150

Post by KNguyen »

I am a long time Malossi customer too, and tried some of Polini's parts as well, and thought I'd see what's different about the JCosta Variator. It is very different, both in how it works, and how it feels. Acceleration is incredibly smooth, and I am able to hold power up hills better. I get about ten more miles out of a tank of gas. I think I'm sold on JCosta Variators. According to the guy at Scooterpartsco, the JCosta variator is designed to be used with the stock contra spring, clutch and belt. For some reason, the link I posted earlier doesn't work. So here's where I got it.
https://scooterpartsco.com/adv-150-c-100_4149/