Just got a new ADV160

General Honda ADV150 chat, questions about the ADV150, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

RAF
Year: 2020
Color: red

Just got a new ADV160

Post by RAF »

Just took delivery of one of the first 2024 ADV160s. Finished riding the first 100 miles this week on the new bike and thus far, am thoroughly impressed!! The bike definitely delivers on speed, handling and comfort. I'm still in the break in period but I've ridden it at up to speeds of 65 mph with rpm's to spare. There is a lot of wind at that speed but the bike is very stable and cruises exceptionally well. The slightly larger windscreen definitely helps but I may consider an aftermarket windscreen in the future for even a bit more protection. The seat height is slightly lower than the ADV150 and makes it easier to get on and off and for stops in traffic. The all-new digital display is awesome! Very easy to read while driving and does not wash out in the bright sunlight. Thus far, I couldn't be happier with the bike. Also, the keyless ignition is great. No more fumbling for keys! Just keep the key fob on you and when you get near the bike, its ready to start with a simple turn of a switch and a press of the starter button! First oil change is at 600 miles and I'm sure I'll be there in the next few weeks given how much fun it is to ride. The bike comes with a 1 yr bumper to bumper warranty from Honda but I purchased the extended warranty for $570 which covers everything except brakes and tires for a full five years. I think it's a good value for the price and protects you from any potential expensive repairs after the factory first year warranty expires. Hopefully you would never have to use it but with all of the new digital electronics, a simple repair could easily cost you hundreds of dollars. So, something to consider if you decide to purchase one of these bikes.

I'll post some more updates as I get further down the road but so far, I couldn't be happier with the bike. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to provide more information if anyone needs it.

Happy trails!
MTP
Year: 2024
Color: Red

Re: Just got a new ADV160

Post by MTP »

Hi, I'm new to this forum, and this is my first post. I'm happy to join the group!

I just bought a new 2024 ADV160 yesterday! It is being delivered to me tomorrow. I previously owned a Honda Reflex, I don't remember the year probably early 2000s sometime, but I bought it used and got rid of it around 5 years ago (regret). I also had a Honda Shadow as my first bike when I first started riding, and had a couple others in between. But it has been a while since I got rid of my Reflex, so I feel like a beginner again. I have been riding pedal bicycles in between, and most recently an e-bike which is a blast. But I recently injured my hamstring tendon and cannot pedal for 2-3 months, so I got back to a scooter so I can enjoy some outdoor time in the nice cooler weather that's coming.

I took the 160 for a test ride yesterday before I purchased it and it definitely feels much smoother and more stable, with the lower center of gravity compared to the Reflex. I'm anxious to get the bike delivered tomorrow so I can take it out for a nice joyride.

A couple thoughts that I have so far, especially in light of my hamstring tendon injury, is the comfort of the seat. My reflex had a backrest for the driver, which this ADV160 does not have. Does anyone have any suggestions for backrest? I also ordered a couple different seat pads to give me a bit of cushion, especially while I'm healing. So I will see what feels best once I get them on and tested. My concern about cushions is raising the seat height any higher since I only have access to the ground with the balls of my feet, not flat footed. I am 5'6 tall, with an inseam of 32 in, but the seat is still a little bit too high to be flat footed on the ground, which would be nice.

I am open to buying aftermarket accessories, so if anyone has suggestions of cool add-ons please do let me know. I also ordered a back rack for a possible future trunk box, but the rack is a generic Chinese product that had reviews on Amazon saying some people had trouble with hole alignment. I am pretty handy and have a garage full of tools so I will see if I can make it work. Then I just need to decide what type of trunk bag or box that I would like to put on. I like the locking feature of a hardsided box, but I also like the backpack feature of soft trunk bags. So I haven't ordered anything yet. Suggestions are welcome!

Those are my main considerations for now. But if anyone is located in North Carolina and wants to meet up for some back road adventures, please let me know!