CVT slight smal vibration on WOT

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

mandomfriman
Year: 2023
Color: black

CVT slight smal vibration on WOT

Post by mandomfriman »

Hi guys i just installed rear gear 14T

My engine has big bore kit and camshaft and intake throttlbody and remapped on dyno.. (good power about 16hp on backwheel)
clutch pads carbon
and 1200rpm center spring.

Today i change to 14T rear sprocket gear (orignal is 13T)

Now i get slight smal vibration on take of from the CVT.. I dont know if its from the clutch pads ore pulley? (using 17grams rollers)
the vibration was not there with 13T gear..

ANy ideas whats causing this? .. Rear Clutch pads (clutch bell) ore Pulley Variator?
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Re: CVT slight smal vibration on WOT

Post by Conelite »

What kind of gains do you get from a 14t? I only ask because if its not that major, just swap back.
Im guessing you changed #6 ?
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
mandomfriman
Year: 2023
Color: black

Post by mandomfriman »

Conelite wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:30 pm What kind of gains do you get from a 14t? I only ask because if its not that major, just swap back.
Im guessing you changed #6 ?
Yes nr 6. to 14T .. it feels much better now. Better take of more tourqe and higher cruice topspeed with about 10-15kmh
highly recommend it if you have big bore kit. Stock piston not good tried that also,..

only problem is the slight vibration.. just litebit.. i think it has do do with cluch pads slipping litebit beacuse of the diffrent gear ratio
maby need to install riffled clutchbell.. but i tried that before and its noisy and eats up the clutch pads quickly.
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by Conelite »

You don't have to change the #8 (Final Gear) as well to compensate for the larger diameter of the #6 gear??

Also, Maybe some lighter weights so the engine spools up faster? 17g seems very heavy.
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator