Hello Newbies! We're Glad You Found Us!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

jawilson2000

Re: Hello Newbies! We're Glad You Found Us!

Post by jawilson2000 »

I joined as a wanna be and now I have my ADV. Came from a 650 VStrom but a bad knee surgery and such high center of gravity forced the sale. I thought I was done. The ADV saved me. A good friend has one and has been singing its praises for a few months so I did my homework too and jumped in. Found a 23 at Riverfront Honda in Gallipolis, OH and got what I think is a good deal. Of course the day after I bought it temps dropped into the 40’s and rainy. Can’t wait to do a few mods and roll on the miles.
Attachments
6E30BD57-622D-4A85-9E34-CC20F481023F.jpeg
6E30BD57-622D-4A85-9E34-CC20F481023F.jpeg (519.51 KiB) Viewed 119018 times
Thsgp
Year: 2016
Color: White

Post by Thsgp »

Hi everyone. I'm Trempest from Malaysia. I'm new here. I just reserved a 2016 PCX 150 and wish to learn more about the bike. Thanks in advance for accommodating this newbie.
Nieczytelny
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by Nieczytelny »

Hello Every one from Polad!

I've just bought second hand 2013, red PCX. That is my 3rd bike, afer Chinese GY6 125 scoot and another Chinese 125cc bike.

As all 2nd hand, few+ years old vehicles it will require some maintenace. I hope for your kind help! :)

Maciek
Twinmgmt
Year: 2022
Color: white

Post by Twinmgmt »

Hey Guys .. just a quick hello and happy to have found a bunch of guys n gals who appreciate the finer things in life... namely the PCX! I'm getting mine delivered tonight and am totally stoked. Been riding scooters like forever and after trading my Piaggio 400 on a larger displacement ride I was missing the whole scooting life style...

Image[/img][/img]
Chatt70
Year: 2023

Post by Chatt70 »

I just found this forum, and am looking for information and advice. I have owned and ridden motorcycles for nearly 60 years, and last year I decided to sell my Honda CRX 250, because of my arthritus and the height of the bike, and because riding was becoming less fun. Now missing my leisure rides in the open air, I am considering buying a Honda ADV 150, for the expected improved comfort and ease of operation. Since I am turning 70 this year, I expect the scooter to be the last bike I am likely to ever own.

Any suggestions concerning my planned switch to an ADV 150, or reasons to purchase an alternative, will be appreciated.
Muneraven
Year: 2021 adv

Post by Muneraven »

I got a Honda ADV 150 last year. I love it! I’m up on Lake Superior in Wisconsin and we have lovely places to ride here.

I’m in my mid 60s and went from a Harley Sportster to a Piaggio bv500 and now am happy with the adv150.

The record snow knocked our garage down and the scoot is in storage but I plan to get it out in a week or so.

I plan to ride over to Cornucopia and sit on the beach. Where are you going to ride?
Muneraven
Year: 2021 adv

Post by Muneraven »

Chatt70 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:03 pm I just found this forum, and am looking for information and advice. I have owned and ridden motorcycles for nearly 60 years, and last year I decided to sell my Honda CRX 250, because of my arthritus and the height of the bike, and because riding was becoming less fun. Now missing my leisure rides in the open air, I am considering buying a Honda ADV 150, for the expected improved comfort and ease of operation. Since I am turning 70 this year, I expect the scooter to be the last bike I am likely to ever own.

Any suggestions concerning my planned switch to an ADV 150, or reasons to purchase an alternative, will be appreciated.
Over the years I went from a small Harley to a Piaggio bv500 and am now riding a Honda adv150. It’s perfect for leisurely rides. I am not a small lady and my scooter easily goes 55 mph. I wouldn’t want to ride it on a city freeway, lol, but it does fine on country highways. city streets, and dirt roads. It’s an easy rider and doesn’t hurt my arthritic old bod at all. 👍

Highly recommend this scooter. I’ve ridden other makes and models and Honda scooters may not have the cache of a Vespa but they are better to ride, in my opinion.
cotetoi
Year: 2015
Color: forza silver

Post by cotetoi »

Hi there,
I am from New Brunswick, Atlantic Canada. I have had several motorcycles and scooters in the past 15 years of riding. Started in my late 50's and played catch-up , figured I'd try as many bikes as I could safely ride. Hampered by a short inseam, so choices were limited. I acquired a used 2015 Forza 300 with 20,000 km and I am enjoying it. Only had it 3 weeks and put over 1500 km ! Retired, so lots of time on my hands. I also have a Vulcan 650S which I enjoy riding. I like tinkering, fabricating, mcgivering my bikes. DIY beats Mr K, I get satisfaction in something I make myself as opposed to buying it.
I also like to read about motorcycles when I'm not riding: also not too mechanically minded, so I like to ask when I'm stumped. This forum sounds like a place I'll drop in often.
Thanks for allowing me to join.
Jay.
andrewmark
Year: 2019
Color: white

Post by andrewmark »

Hi
Greetings from London, UK.
62 YO Forza 300 rider since 2014.
Currently on 2019 model.
Will be looking for help with repairs following theft damage.
Regards
Mark
Monty
Year: 2012

Post by Monty »

Hi - it's great to be a part of this wonderful community :-)

I recently helped my fiancée to buy a PCX 125 2012 (JF28), that is in mint condition. Previous owner was a police vehicle inspector and absolutely cherished the bike.

I have full licence, and a background in touring bikes (last bike was a Honda CBF1000), so I have been chauffeuring the two of us about while fiancée is learning to ride. I realised how much fun the PCX is - what a brilliant little bike!

I am looking for guidance to initially fully service and then maintain the machine (all DIY), and possibly a couple of minor mods, like adding phone charger.
Monty
Year: 2012

Post by Monty »

Forgot to add a pic - happy PCX riders
pcx day out.jpeg
pcx day out.jpeg (544.47 KiB) Viewed 115334 times
igbright
Year: 2020

Post by igbright »

Hello from Boston!

My wife and I just picked up a PCX as our first scooter a couple weeks ago... looking forward to learning from everyone here!

Attachments
IMG_5078.jpeg
IMG_5078.jpeg (185.27 KiB) Viewed 114961 times
IMG_5112.jpeg
IMG_5112.jpeg (350.04 KiB) Viewed 114961 times
Limey
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 16 Forza/16 PCX
Color: Red/Maroon

Post by Limey »

Nice. Same colour as mine! :)
MTP
Year: 2024

Post by MTP »

Hi Everyone, I'm Mary. I just joined the forum today, and I just ordered a Honda ADV160 yesterday, to be delivered tomorrow! Can't wait to get out and ride it. I did a short test drive at the dealership yesterday so I'm anxious to be able to go out on a longer ride.

And of course my new bike is red!

I previously had a Honda reflex, and my first motorcycle was a Honda Shadow, with a couple others in between. But it's been around 5 years since I've ridden, so I need to get back into it.

I am definitely interested in learning about what people have been doing for modifications and accessories. In particular, I am interested in seat modifications for comfort on longer rides. My reflex had a short backrest for the driver, but the new ADV 160 does not have that, and the seat is pretty stiff and uncomfortable. I ordered a couple seat cushions from Amazon so I can see if anything there will help me out, but I do not want to add too much height to the seats since I am already at the point of just having the balls of my feet on the ground when I stop. I am 5'6 tall with an inseam of 32 in, which I don't think is particularly short, so it would be nice if the seat was a little bit lower. But I can make do as is.

I am also interested in some sort of luggage box or bag. I am hoping to do some longer rides for outdoor adventuring, which may include some overnights, either camping or hotel.

The scooter will help me get outside and into nature while I am recovering from a hamstring tendon injury. Otherwise normally I hike and bicycle quite a bit, including multi-day events. So the scooter will be a great way to still be able to enjoy the outdoors as the beautiful fall weather begins.
I am located in North Carolina.
Happy to "meet" everyone!
Warlock1954
Year: 2014

Post by Warlock1954 »

Hi from Magnolia, Ms. My name is David 69 yrs young and retired. Have been riding bikes just about all my life. From Honda 175 scrambler to Goldwing. My first scooter and really liking it. Got to do a few mods to make it mine. Seem like a good following here.
David
Pbowen
Year: 2023
Color: Brown

Post by Pbowen »

Hello to everyone! New member here, and new to scooters as well.

A little background: I rode a 650 Bonneville for about a year back in the 70’s and then stopped. Started back up again four years ago at the age of 70 and have had a series of eleven motorcycles in the last several years, sometimes two and three at a time, by this is my first scooter. I’ll admit that I was one of those guys that said “Scooter? That’s not a real motorcycle!”, but when I went with my daughter to buy an ADV I started doing some research on it and scooters in general, so I could help her out by doing some of the maintenance. Long story short, I ended up with this 2023 PCX that I just love!
Attachments
IMG_0514.jpeg
IMG_0514.jpeg (918.2 KiB) Viewed 37396 times
IMG_0515.jpeg
IMG_0515.jpeg (871.57 KiB) Viewed 37396 times
romford4

Post by romford4 »

Hi everyone. Greetings from East Lothian, Scotland. I found this site a few months ago but was delayed in joining due to some tech issues. All sorted now & I'm looking forward to being able to read other members' stories & to benefit from the wealth of technical knowledge from those who own these great little machines.

I started out on bikes in 2005....
1) Honda Hornet 600 - which as a newbie biker I was stung by the dealership on as they sold me an unroadworthy dangerous dog despite them having put it through a (dodgy) MOT that morning.
2) Yamaha Fazer 600 - which had a hidden past that the dealer deliberately lied to me about. Took him to court & got my money back.
3) Honda CRF250M - I loved that bike but got bored & sold it cheap (as no-one wanted a lowly 250) just before everyone realised how good they were & prices went through the roof. :lol:
4) Honda NC750X - bought new. Great bike but very boring. The Toyota Prius of motorcycles. Sold it with 600 miles on the clock.
5) Honda PCX125 - Finally I'd found 'my thing' in the world of two-wheels. :D A bike that was simple, practical, enjoyable, & at a cost where I didn't feel obliged to go anywhere near a dealer for maintenance (the dealerships within 90 miles of me absolutely suck!).

I might have missed a bike somewhere in this list and there's been tons of holiday rental bikes & scooters that aren't worth mentioning, but after nearly 19 years I've realised that I'm a European two-wheeler at heart & my preference definitely lies with scooters. I don't need to go on weekend ride-outs to have fun as I have fun commuting on it every day, flying past queues of stationary traffic, taking short-cuts that cars can't use, & being able to hop off & push the bike through the many blocked roads in the city that the 'city clowncil' have created in their pursuit of the green agenda.

The PCX was amazing for me but at 6'3" it was SLIGHTLY small & also I could use a little more power. I'm on the look-out for my next steed & have narrowed it down to either a Forza 300/350, an ADV 350, or maybe an SH350 (insurance is much cheaper on the SH, presumably because the local scrotes & thieves don't appreciate a bit of Italian style). My preference is to buy a low mileage one at around 3 years old as by then it's out of warranty & I have no issues self-servicing it. Whatever I buy I'll make sure to post a photo of it on here but in the meantime here's a pic of what is probably the best bike I've owned. 8)
Attachments
NS Front.jpg
NS Front.jpg (490.96 KiB) Viewed 35837 times