honda pcx help

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

dominicelliott
Year: 2022
Color: black

honda pcx help

Post by dominicelliott »

i bought a honda pcx 150
My problem is it is the hardest scooter i have ever had it bucks the wind and is all over the place
i have had many scooter genuine rough house buddy 150 vespa 200 aprilia sport city 250 kymco people 250s super 9 etc all not as hard to ride
i tryed to drive slower around 50 seem to help but not much i put a med size givi windshield on it (it that the problem?) i usually ride 55 most of the time i am at my wits end in wis it is all ways wind any ideas? Help i am ready to take a huge loss this scoot (love the look and color)and just dump it off at the dealer help
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Re: honda pcx help

Post by Conelite »

Its a small light scooter. If you are trying to ride 50mph+ majority of the you probably got the wrong size scooter.

a 250cc+ is what you need.
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
mulveyr
Year: 2023
Color: Brown

Post by mulveyr »

I have the 2023 and immediately put a tall windscreen on it. Most of my riding is at around 55mph. It's definitely less stable than a motorcycle in the wind, but I got used to it pretty quickly.
Mon-Eye
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2021
Color: Red

Post by Mon-Eye »

I spend most off the time doing 60mph on mine (national speed limit in uk) and 70 when I do the odd motorway trip. I have a big 80cm screen on mine tucano urbano. It does catch the side winds quite a bit but it's a relatively light bike with most off it's weight low down. Just get used to it and ride it. I've had supermotos that where far worse on a windy day
CBR1100XX blackbird (modified), CBR929RR Turbo, CBR600F Sport (modified), several beta trials bikes and endurance bikes
MaxThrottle

Post by MaxThrottle »

I have seen review, after review, after review on youtube, and know one has complained about this. A lot of videos of people riding the bike. Not one complaint about it not being stable. In fact I have seen video on the highway at over 100 kph and no problems, no stability problems at all.