Way off topic

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Way off topic

Post by JGC »

OK not been around on here much of late, still got my PCX but will need to lay it up for a while now.

Some of you regulars will know that I have been waiting for Cochlea Implant surgery, well, I go into hospital on Tues (28th May) for my op, been told it might be day surgery (in and out same day) after initially been told I would be kept in overnight. Surgery on average is about 3hrs possibly up to 5 hrs long!!
Not looking forwards to it, but my eye is on the longer term which is the possibility of having a bit better hearing!
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Way off topic

Post by Taz »

Good luck and you may be getting the ozzie designed implant. You can even go scuba diving after, just not so deep.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

It's About Time, Right? ;)
Yep I do remember, & you are Not a stranger. Good Luck JGC! Here's wishing you a f a s t operation and f a s t recovery. Please let us in on the good news when you're up to it (or as soon as you "hear" it)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
EmilyJEG
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EmilyJEG »

Good luck, I hope everything goes well :)

My boyfriend once had an operation on his nose to straighten his septum, and even though it wasn't major surgery, I was really worried about him - but of course everything went fine! I think it's easy to get worked up and worry about everything in the build up, but Tuesday isn't far off now so it will be over soon!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I sometimes wish my hearing wasn't so good, I wouldn't have to listen to the wife girning on. :lol:

Hope the op is a success and not too uncomfortable.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:I sometimes wish my hearing wasn't so good, I wouldn't have to listen to the wife girning on. :lol:
Are you sure you have that the right way round.....?
JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

Back home now. Surgery was OK but there was a complication encountered by the surgeon. This was dealt with and will not affect the implant at al. I now have a bionic ear!! Just have to wait for it all to heal up now then in a months time get the new hearing processor and start the rehabilitation process to learn to hear again. The hearing process is very different between hearing aid and cochlea implant.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Way off topic

Post by Alibally »

Good news. I hope it doesn't make that di di di di noise Steve Austins bionic ear made when he was listening to something 2 miles away. That would get annoying after a while. :)
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

Alibally wrote:Good news. I hope it doesn't make that di di di di noise Steve Austins bionic ear made when he was listening to something 2 miles away. That would get annoying after a while. :)

Steve Austin had the bionic eye.
Jamie Summers, the bionic woman had the ear implant.

Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WHAT ?
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Way off topic

Post by Alibally »

Slickvic wrote:
Alibally wrote:Good news. I hope it doesn't make that di di di di noise Steve Austins bionic ear made when he was listening to something 2 miles away. That would get annoying after a while. :)

Steve Austin had the bionic eye.
Jamie Summers, the bionic woman had the ear implant.

My mistake. It has been a while. Did she not have a bionic dog as well?
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

Alibally wrote: My mistake. It has been a while. Did she not have a bionic dog as well?

Yeah. :x I think that was when I stopped watching the show.

Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Slickvic wrote:
Alibally wrote: My mistake. It has been a while. Did she not have a bionic dog as well?

Yeah. :x I think that was when I stopped watching the show.

You want to see the prosthetics Anne Summers has...
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Great, surgery done! How you feeling now....as a few days have passed? Gosh that must be uncomfortable, hard getting use to?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
JGC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by JGC »

WhiteNoise wrote:Great, surgery done! How you feeling now....as a few days have passed? Gosh that must be uncomfortable, hard getting use to?
Pain level is ok now, my balance is shot to pieces at the moment, which is unnerving me. But this is normal after this type of surgery and will get better in time. Sleeping arrangement I am now getting used to (sleeping upright is not that comfy either) again a few more days and I should be able to lie down flat again.
My new 'ear' will be activated on the 20th June, and this is when I start to learn to hear sounds all over again via the new implant. So all in all not to bad at the moment.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Cool, one step at a time. Glad the surgery went well, and I hope your pain has gotten better. :)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

maddiedog wrote:Cool, one step at a time. Glad the surgery went well, and I hope your pain has gotten better. :)
Wots gotten?
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

What's a wot? :P
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Its one joule per second.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong