Windscreen - Ermax vs. Givi?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Windscreen - Ermax vs. Givi?

Post by Taz »

My Ermax from SameSame was ordered online on the Sunday and arrived the Friday to Australia which is unheard of for European orders. Usually they take 3-4 weeks. By the way Ive seen some pics of the Ermax with the black surrounding rubber trim and some without, so make sure you ask for the trim if you want it, when ordering.
haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Post by haildamage »

Taz wrote:My Ermax from SameSame was ordered online on the Sunday and arrived the Friday to Australia which is unheard of for European orders. Usually they take 3-4 weeks. By the way Ive seen some pics of the Ermax with the black surrounding rubber trim and some without, so make sure you ask for the trim if you want it, when ordering.
the trim is supposed to be shipped with every order, but that was the problem I had with Same Same, they didn't ship it with mine and repeatedly failed to get it in the mail. eventually Ermax sent me one since Same Same couldn't get their shit together to make it happen.

the edges on the Givi are much more refined and not a hazard without any trim. however, the edges are unfinished and very sharp on the Ermax. I feel it is a dangerous to ride with the Ermax without the trim kit as the sharp edges could injure you, a pedestrian, cyclist or another motorcyclist in an accident.

the best thing to do is simply not order from the jackasses at Same Same! you are rolling the dice by doing business with them!
Jhois1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Jhois1 »

I did order the 1st week of June, and they finally shipped on the 10th. Hopefully I will get it in the next couple weeks. I ordered from Silverstonemotor in France off of an eBay site.
Jhois1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Jhois1 »

Jhois1 wrote:I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Ermax + 25. It cost $163.00 with shipping included. :o
Shipping from France. Hope I get it in a couple weeks. Any thoughts on shipping time to the states?
I received the Ermax + 25 today. Not too bad as I ordered on the 6th and they shipped on the 10th. I used the "How to" section and it was a breeze. Thanks for that!

I did install tonight and will get some pics shortly. It looks as if it is going to be a bear to keep clean. It already looks like it has scratches :oops:
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

I hardly ever clean mine. Riding in the rain gets it clean, though I do live in an unpolluted part of the world.
Jhois1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Jhois1 »

Some pics after the install...
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (376.14 KiB) Viewed 1236 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (322.28 KiB) Viewed 1236 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (312.91 KiB) Viewed 1236 times
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Windscreen looks great. Not sure I like the yellow mirrors any more though, but so long as you are happy thats the main thing!
Jhois1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Jhois1 »

Taz - I am not sure I like them a ton either...If I had it to do over again, I would only have the yellow on the skinny bar and the 1/2" section on the mirror, leaving the majority of the mirror the original black.

It does serve a nice purpose though and makes sure the oncoming traffic sees me :lol:

I will probably still leave it for awhile and change up down the road...no pun intended :roll:
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Jhois1 wrote:Some pics after the install...
It does look good. I'll be soon removing my short Givi, putting it for sale and ordering the tall Ermax for next fall.

Question is, which one of the available colour options did you choose?.

Link to the catalog:

http://ermax-scooter.fr/catalogue-Scooter-EN
Jhois1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Jhois1 »

Cas - I bought the "Light Black" and it cost a little extra.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

How tall is that windscreen vs the Givi tall? It looks pretty tall. We are considering moving up to the tall Givi fro. Their regular tinted one, which we have on ours at the moment, along with a home-built extension that brings it up to the height of the tall one. I like the shape of the Ermax and the fact that it is tinted. It looks nice.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
former50cc
Regular User
Regular User

Post by former50cc »

The tall Ermax really looks great in the pictures from Jhois1. Really Nice!
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Jhois1 wrote:Cas - I bought the "Light Black" and it cost a little extra.
Thanks!. I asked because my PCX is black too. If that one is the "light black", then I'll order the regular one. It looks good, but IMHO, perhaps it would look better with a bit less of dark in the windshield.
Jhois1
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Jhois1 »

Cas - If you would have to look through the windshield, it would probably be an issue. However, i am only 5'9" and i can see over fine. The wind definately stays off of your chest/shoulder section now, but at my height, it hits me good in the ears. Will take a little getting used to. But overall a much more comfortable ride on the highway and when your wearing your helmet, it doesnt bother me much.

If i was 3" shorter, the screen would be perfect as the wind would hit above eye level ;)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Jhois1 wrote:Cas - If you would have to look through the windshield, it would probably be an issue. However, i am only 5'9" and i can see over fine. The wind definately stays off of your chest/shoulder section now, but at my height, it hits me good in the ears. Will take a little getting used to. But overall a much more comfortable ride on the highway and when your wearing your helmet, it doesnt bother me much.

If i was 3" shorter, the screen would be perfect as the wind would hit above eye level ;)
There isn't a screen on any motorcycle that works like a car windscreen
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Unless the car is an Ariel Atom or a KTM Crossbow.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Jhois1 wrote:Cas - If you would have to look through the windshield, it would probably be an issue. However, i am only 5'9" and i can see over fine. The wind definately stays off of your chest/shoulder section now, but at my height, it hits me good in the ears. Will take a little getting used to. But overall a much more comfortable ride on the highway and when your wearing your helmet, it doesnt bother me much.

I'm exactly your height ;) , so it's good to know how it works for you. I don't mean it for the visibility thing, it's just about the looks. I think I'm gonna like the regular one better, but I still have to make my mind up.

With my current -short- Givi, the worst of the wind stays off my chest but not off my shoulders. I can tell this as soon as it starts raining (and we've had a really wet winter over here), so if the Ermax is able to protect me a little bit better, I'll be happy with that. As for the wind hitting the ears, I'm sure it'll be no worse than with the Givi, and hopefully, I'll be buying a new -and quieter- modular helmet for the fall.

Thanks! ;)
gn2 wrote:Unless the car is an Ariel Atom or a KTM Crossbow.
You need to wear a helmet to drive those over here. But truth to be told, I'd drive them with a cooking pot on top of my head or with a viking helmet on, just because you happened to mention two cars that I'd love to own. Especially the Atom.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I did install tonight and will get some pics shortly. It looks as if it is going to be a bear to keep clean. It already looks like it has scratches :oops:
Screen looks darkly cool, 8) I like it on your black scoot. Sorry to hear about the scratches. I can suggest a product that I've read good results about on other forums: Novus Plastic Polish & Scratch Remover. You can purchase their kit Or their individual bottles. Example here: http://www.amazon.com/Novus-Plastic-Pol ... polish+kit
Another well liked product used for getting your screen & other bits shiny is Plexus Spray Cleaner: http://www.amazon.com/Vega-Plexus-Spray ... rds=plexus
Hoping this helps with your scratchy disappointment ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Marko

Post by Marko »

Can's see why anyone needs a bigger screen on a bike that does 60 MPH. Unless you live in the UK where it pisses down with rain all the time!
Ex.Honda PCX 125, (Red 2012) Now PCX 150 (2015 Grey). Honda VFR V-TEC, Quadzilla (SMC) 300 XLC (quad bike), Yamaha YFM 350 Raptor Quad
haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Post by haildamage »

Marko wrote:Can's see why anyone needs a bigger screen on a bike that does 60 MPH. Unless you live in the UK where it pisses down with rain all the time!
both rain and cold. i use it as a commuter bike and the Ermax +25 is an excellent addition to the bike for the 3 seasons besides summer.