Question about 300cc Scooters...

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Question about 300cc Scooters...

Post by you you »

Stejay wrote:I rented a SYM Citycom for 4 days a couple of years ago on the Gold Coast Australia and loved it. It is an excellent bike and I highly recommend it.

I even got it up to 145KPH which terrified me. You could sure feel the wind buffeting and it was very noisy compared to 100KPH. It seems almost exponential that the faster you go the more buffeting and noise you get. (I know that sounds dumb but the 20KPH difference between 80 and 100 was nothing compared to the 20 KPH difference between 100 & 120)

I was dead keen to get one - Until the PCX150 came out. It was $1,500 cheaper and way lighter. Although I believe SYM to be a good brand I trust Honda even more. As technologically advanced as the SYM Citycom was the PCX is even more advanced.

All and all the PCX was all I needed - It is enough!

Also I’m 6'1 and 90Kg and found both fitted well. I may deal to that hump though! I like the idea of removing it, drilling new holes 1/2 inch further back and reattaching it.

You would think with all the "hump" feed back they would re-design it to be at least adjustable or removable without having to completely re-engineer or replace your seat. I may go down the replacement path if I can find a seat that does not compromise the under-seat storage space.
Just get it recovered. It's cheap enough
Stejay
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Stejay »

Yeah that’s probably the way to go. I like smoother look of a hump-less seat too.

I did notice in another post that when you remove the hump you are left with the 2 plastic lumps that support the hump. Someone else cut them out but then had to reinforce where it left the holes. I guess I could get the upholsterer to do all that at the same time as recovering it.

I would rather pay someone to do it as I doubt I could do as good a job.

I have no idea where I would go though.

Would a marine shop do it or a car shop?

I suppose I could just Google it then drive over to likely places to show them what I want done and get a quote
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

Stejay wrote:Yeah that’s probably the way to go. I like smoother look of a hump-less seat too.

I did notice in another post that when you remove the hump you are left with the 2 plastic lumps that support the hump. Someone else cut them out but then had to reinforce where it left the holes. I guess I could get the upholsterer to do all that at the same time as recovering it.

I would rather pay someone to do it as I doubt I could do as good a job.

I have no idea where I would go though.

Would a marine shop do it or a car shop?

I suppose I could just Google it then drive over to likely places to show them what I want done and get a quote

"MOST" Automotive Upholstery Shops do Motorcycle/Scooter/Boat Seats..... 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

I just asked the dealer where I bought the pcx where to go for seat trimming and they gave a couple of options, I just took off seat (2 bolts and disconnect seat switch wire) and left seat with the marine trimmer with instructions to also remove the plastic and reinforce hole. It was a 1 hour $100 job for him and was ready end same day. He used the plastic from the old hump to reinforce the hole.
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

Taz wrote:I just asked the dealer where I bought the pcx where to go for seat trimming and they gave a couple of options, I just took off seat (2 bolts and disconnect seat switch wire) and left seat with the marine trimmer with instructions to also remove the plastic and reinforce hole. It was a 1 hour $100 job for him and was ready end same day. He used the plastic from the old hump to reinforce the hole.
Did they reupholster the entire seat, or did they just patch the two holes? Cause being 6'3" tall, I will probably be removing the hump too when I get my PCX.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Whole seat. I've plenty of pics of the seat elsewhere on this forum. Search for seat hump.
PKrellner
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PKrellner »

gn2 wrote:If it does all you need from it then you would be mad to change.
Sadly a PCX just isn't enough scooter for me these days, I need MORE!!!!
More is better!!!!!!!!!
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

PKrellner wrote:
More is better!!!!!!!!!
More is better and less is more! We hear just as many big CC riders who've rediscovered the joy of smaller bikes as we do of small CC riders who crave for something bigger. It's all good baby! ;-)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I fit in both those categories, traded a 900 for the PCX and will be trading the PCX for a 300 because it just isn't big enough.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

I'm with you. Really looking forward to a Forza upgrade in a few years. Love my 150, but I'm ready to take on some faster travels and not fill up every other day of use, and I've only had it a month.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

PKrellner wrote:
More is better!!!!!!!!!
Or more