How is the scooter "culture" in your area?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Re: How is the scooter "culture" in your area?

Post by sendler2112 »

It's ok where I live even if scooters are still pretty rare. Any other bikers always wave.
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

I'm about 20 miles away from a road in PA (Route 32 along the Delaware) that has bikers going up and down it every Sunday. I took the 150 out and even the gnarliest Harley riders gave a wave back to little ol' me. So I'm close to good motorcycle culture which seems pretty welcoming to scooters so far, but in the NJ Sourlands, there isn't much going on. Nice roads to ride over though!
prenders88

Post by prenders88 »

Motorcyclists in general are treated with distain in the UK.

If you want a new PCX be prepared to be ripped off, as the prices are nearly double over there, maybe punitive taxes.
Most of the parts to improve your ride are made in Thailand, again with with rip off pricing.

In Thailand however, it is scooter heaven, magazines, websites, lots of mod and pimp shops, and a huge PCX sub-culture.
There are owner clubs for every model of scooter.
alvinsgp

Post by alvinsgp »

I m from Singapore. PCX Culture here is prettty cool. Easy going dudes and fun meetup we are doing here. We even have a facebook fan page for Singapore PCX Culture.. :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hondapcxSG/
apeacezalt

Post by apeacezalt »

Here in MSK , Thailand (Maha Sarakham) is the city of education, with 5 universities make 70% of population a student and collage student from another part of country.

And half of them own a motorcycle or scooter, can you imagine a small city with ~30,000 two-wheeler?
Its a mess. But here in MSK when taliking about "scooter" we will think about vespa or small m/c. (And usually refer my PCX as 'big motorcycle')

On the road car drivers can't drive too fast in the city because the rest of the road was filled with m/c and scooters, they had no choice but slow down agressively.

Most of m/c and scooter rider here usually have no license. And everyday a bunch of them have to ride difference route to avoid BIB (boys in brown, Thai police).

And yes, a lot of accident happened everyday, sirens and ambulance pass my office and my house many times a day.
to be a scooter here, We have to accept that car-drivers will always look down on us, bigbike riders will always look down and avoid us. Like I really care what they think, I'm completely happy with winds hit my face instead of sit in a box.

Oh, plus side of having many collages is pubs and bars!! There are everywhere, I'm (kind if) party guy so this city is quite perfect for me :-)
apeacezalt

Post by apeacezalt »

And I still can't believe there are NO scooter club here ;-(
alvinsgp

Post by alvinsgp »

LOL. Oh.. I m surprise too....
skuuter
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by skuuter »

"Growing".....the PCX and Forza Sales are booming, with some going to "Motorcycle Only" Riders.....These two models seem to be making "Scooters are OK" among These Riders...That's a Good Thing..... ;) 8)
Ridin' and Socializin' the Southeastern USA on a 2014 Honda FORZA 300 Scooter...45+ years of Riding averaging 30,000 miles per year...!!!
Shoe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Shoe »

Not much of that here in Michigan

More so the American made Iron Horses. (did I mention they stink of raw fuel and rattle your brain like shaken baby syndrome?)

Oh, and they come an an attitude, free set of tats and leather, pool table bitches and a criminal record...lol (BTW, how can you tell a club house bitch from all others? By the green felt between her toes....LMAO)

I just use my PCX for what it was designed for and laugh every time at the pump. Yesterday was another prime example. 120 miles and it took 1.12 gallons to fill it!

That would have been close to 30 bucks in Diesel, instead I paid 4 bucks! Another 100+ miles off the truck.

Plenty of speed around town... Haircuts, liquor stores, commute and just plain fun riding through little towns on weekends. (and cool photo op's)

Sure wish we had a scooter club around here! Edsel Ford came into my shop the other day and we discussed the PCX. He's been a customer of mine for decades and he owns a scooter. Most of my clientele seem intrigued by the concept.

I do think they are gaining in popularity. Give it a few more years of 4 bucks a gallon....
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

What scooter does he have?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Shoe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Shoe »

I would think a Vespa, but will ask him next time. Our primary conversation was about the PCX! He always comments on my GMC Denali D-Max....LOL ("What not a Powerstroke?")

I get huge discounts on GM products through my wife and the Dealer is another good customer. I get great service, including Trucks while mine is in for service.

Great Guy! Very appreciative of all the work I do for the family!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Shoe wrote:Not much of that here in Michigan

More so the American made Iron Horses. (did I mention they stink of raw fuel and rattle your brain like shaken baby syndrome?)

Oh, and they come an an attitude, free set of tats and leather, pool table bitches and a criminal record...lol (BTW, how can you tell a club house bitch from all others? By the green felt between her toes....LMAO)

I just use my PCX for what it was designed for and laugh every time at the pump. Yesterday was another prime example. 120 miles and it took 1.12 gallons to fill it!

That would have been close to 30 bucks in Diesel, instead I paid 4 bucks! Another 100+ miles off the truck.

Plenty of speed around town... Haircuts, liquor stores, commute and just plain fun riding through little towns on weekends. (and cool photo op's)

Sure wish we had a scooter club around here! Edsel Ford came into my shop the other day and we discussed the PCX. He's been a customer of mine for decades and he owns a scooter. Most of my clientele seem intrigued by the concept.

I do think they are gaining in popularity. Give it a few more years of 4 bucks a gallon....
I'm getting a bit tempted by a Harley. Does it mean I'm gay?
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

[/quote]

I'm getting a bit tempted by a Harley. Does it mean I'm gay?[/quote]

Got a urge to wear leather chaps then? :lol:
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
Shoe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Shoe »

you you wrote:
Shoe wrote:Not much of that here in Michigan

I'm getting a bit tempted by a Harley. Does it mean I'm gay?
Perhaps. o_O

Certain tendencies fester.... LOL. One would question... All good as long as YOU'RE comfortable with it! :oops:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

DAB wrote:
I'm getting a bit tempted by a Harley. Does it mean I'm gay?[/quote]

Got a urge to wear leather chaps then? :lol:[/quote]

The full rochdale cowboy thing? No thanks
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

Nothing against Harley Riders, but this South Park episode had me rolling on the floor. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xGyKBFCd_u4
pcxjojo

Post by pcxjojo »

I live in the Dallas/Ft Worth area of Texas. I rode motorcycles as a kid and am now getting back into riding with my husband. I see virtually NO scooters in our area. Lots of motorcycles though. My other bike is a Can Am Spyder and some people don't respect it either. Probably the most accepting group of riders I've encountered are the Spyder folks and my husband's BMW group. You gotta ride what you are comfortable with and enjoy it while you can. LIFE IS SHORT!!
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

On campus here there are alot of scooters. But I think mine is the biggest. The one that shares a spot with me is a 50 dash, which I think is a cheapie Chinese scooter. But I was parked next to a Ducati the other day. I do like when people ask me about it and say it looks like a sports bike from the front
ImageImage
jprestonian

Post by jprestonian »

Nashville has an awesome scooter scene.

Folx @ scootnashville keep it real, keep it interesting.
http://www.fuelly.com/driver/jprestonian/pcx
http://scootercalledwanda.blogspot.com
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I'm seeing more and more on the Island!!! Yes! :P Vespa, Honda's (no PCX's),
Suzuki, Kymco, CanAm<not really a scooter(?) and then some "scary" unknowns. I pass many bikers, some will look my way, but still no wave. I tip my head or raise my hand most times but still
"I don't get No respect!" (Rodney Dangerfield....thanks for that! :lol: )
They can be snootie....whatever! I'm too happy to care,
"Good Day Sunshine!"
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You