pcx125 ..600mile maintance??

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Re: pcx125 ..600mile maintance??

Post by GeorgeSK »

I had the 600 mile service done by the dealer last week, and darned if I don't think that Mantis is smoother and more quiet. Milage has not seemed to change, but idling and pulling from a stop seem easier. I asked about what they were going to do, and they replied that Honda's first service checklist was far more involved than the recommended services in the manual. The cost was $307, and included final drive oil.

From here I will likely do most of my own, but it does appear that paying the man to do your first service should probably be factored into your purchase price.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
trigg123
Regular User
Regular User

Post by trigg123 »

jezzz that's expensive, as previously said final drive oil is 2 years or up to you, they seem to have done more than needed and certainly charged you for it. my first service was £55 which is a lot for basically 800ml of oil :-)
Scoots so far- Peugeot jetforce 125,honda Dylan 125,yamaha x max 125,honda pcx 125,honda nss300 forza ;-) and bikes were kh250, zxr750L1,zx9B1,zx9c1,wr426,xjr1300sp,09-z1000
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

GeorgeSK wrote:I had the 600 mile service done by the dealer last week, and darned if I don't think that Mantis is smoother and more quiet. Milage has not seemed to change, but idling and pulling from a stop seem easier. I asked about what they were going to do, and they replied that Honda's first service checklist was far more involved than the recommended services in the manual. The cost was $307, and included final drive oil.

From here I will likely do most of my own, but it does appear that paying the man to do your first service should probably be factored into your purchase price.
Errr...
Carpathian hawk

Post by Carpathian hawk »

I was to my dealer for 1000 km (600 mi) first check. I payed only the cost of the motor oil; they told me that the Manhour is FOC (Free Of Charge) from Honda.

The type of motor oil was ordered by myself to dealer one month before. (The price was 12 euro/liter). I wanted and I asked to the dealer to bring what Honda recommended into the Operation Manual. What I got:

"4-STROKE MOTORCYCLE OIL
API SJ 10W30 MB
HONDA GENUINE PARTS
P/N:08232-M99K1JHE
M032HMC197"

On the bottle is not stated what kind of motor oil is it!!!...blended mineral & synthetic?...blended of synthese oils?...full-synthetic oil?....The colour is the same of original first oil founded in the PCX from 0 km.

If someone knows what type of oil is it, please let me know! Thank's!
Attachments
ULEI HONDA.jpg
ULEI HONDA.jpg (278.46 KiB) Viewed 1092 times
Currently own: 2013 Honda PCX150 red, 2008 Suzuki Burgman 400 red.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Carpathian hawk wrote:I was to my dealer for 1000 km (600 mi) first check. I payed only the cost of the motor oil; they told me that the Manhour is FOC (Free Of Charge) from Honda.

The type of motor oil was ordered by myself to dealer one month before. (The price was 12 euro/liter). I wanted and I asked to the dealer to bring what Honda recommended into the Operation Manual. What I got:

"4-STROKE MOTORCYCLE OIL
API SJ 10W30 MB
HONDA GENUINE PARTS
P/N:08232-M99K1JHE
M032HMC197"

On the bottle is not stated what kind of motor oil is it!!!...blended mineral & synthetic?...blended of synthese oils?...full-synthetic oil?....The colour is the same of original first oil founded in the PCX from 0 km.

If someone knows what type of oil is it, please let me know! Thank's!
10w30
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

I expect there is a bit more to it...

I found this page that briefly described the JASO T903 MB standard: http://www.oilspecifications.org/articl ... ASO_MB.php

The two allegedly equivalent oils appear to be fully synthetic. I would try to match the specs exactly, or just fork over the bucks for official Honda oil. 12 euros (effectively $15/quart) seems high (even to the guy who just dropped $307 on the first service), but the PCX is a $4000 piece of equipment. Saving a few bucks or euros once a year strikes me a false economy.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

GeorgeSK wrote:I expect there is a bit more to it...

I found this page that briefly described the JASO T903 MB standard: http://www.oilspecifications.org/articl ... ASO_MB.php

The two allegedly equivalent oils appear to be fully synthetic. I would try to match the specs exactly, or just fork over the bucks for official Honda oil. 12 euros (effectively $15/quart) seems high (even to the guy who just dropped $307 on the first service), but the PCX is a $4000 piece of equipment. Saving a few bucks or euros once a year strikes me a false economy.

Or its just oil. Any reasonable brand 10w30 will do
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

Is there a wet or dry clutch in the PCX? This twist and go is very new to me.

On the bottle it says , not for wet clutch. Other than this it should be ok.

David
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
Carpathian hawk

The most of scooters use DRY clutch.

My questions are if someone knows this type of motor oil. Nobody use it (Genuine Honda.......)?....and "what type of oil is: blended mineral & synthetic?...blended of synthese oils?...full-synthetic oil? I hoped to get more answers, but it seems nobody used it!!!
Or maybe is the wrong topic?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

DAB wrote:Is there a wet or dry clutch in the PCX? This twist and go is very new to me.

On the bottle it says , not for wet clutch. Other than this it should be ok.

David
Dry. The oil is fine.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Carpathian hawk wrote:The most of scooters use DRY clutch.

My questions are if someone knows this type of motor oil. Nobody use it (Genuine Honda.......)?....and "what type of oil is: blended mineral & synthetic?...blended of synthese oils?...full-synthetic oil? I hoped to get more answers, but it seems nobody used it!!!
Or maybe is the wrong topic?
It's oil. It's the right grade. It's fine

Try to calm down.
Carpathian hawk

I am very calm. I put it by my own hand into the PCX at 1000 km(600mi). The dealer just check visualy the PCX and applied the stamp on the Service & Warranties Book.

My query is just an "scientific curiosity" stimulated by the fact that on the bottle of motor oil IS NOT stated what type of oil it is!!!...could be a "chinese fake oil"?????? Today anything is possible!!!
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Noooooo :o not the Chinese fake oil :lol:
what does the "MB" mean...?(mineral based?)
I use 10-30 4 stroke full synthetic from a major brand in my pcx and also for it's drive oil.
$10 quart is not the cheapest but better than Honda's $15 quart.
OriginalRocket
Regular User
Regular User

Post by OriginalRocket »

I checked my valves at 1000 miles. Both where out of spec, but not by much. I checked again at 4000 and 7500 miles, both times they where exactly the spec I out them at at 1000. I plan on checking the valves every 10k from here on out.
OriginalRocket
Regular User
Regular User

Post by OriginalRocket »

MB is a JASO rating. There are several levels of "oils ability to transfer friction".

In order of friction transfer.

MA2
MA
MB

MB is basically an automotive oil that has been rated. That is why you can use any 10w30 motor oil meeting or exceeding SG grade.

More info here: http://www.oilspecifications.org/articl ... ASO_MB.php