Decision between PCX and S-Wing

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: Decision between PCX and S-Wing

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:toria, Hi! go on, talk yourself into getting a PCX, you'll really enjoy it, & it's light hearthearted ways! You'll also have access to mucho help and advice here on the forum(s) along your travels ;) You're Not really a pathetic female are you? I'm thinking not. Give yourself more credit. You can turn a wrench I bet, as good as the rest. gn2's response wasn't meant badly, a Bit off perhaps. He just meant that women can get a lot done for them by just "being who they are." Boobs are just part of the package that get men's attention & in turn helps you get things done :D Okay, no harping or need to go on about boobs. Not a sex forum. Please, don't let one comment sway ya... this bike is truly Great, believe us! ;) :P Oh, btw maddiedog (dave) Is our forum owner :) and a Nice guy, he is!!

gn2....hmmm
No harm in gn2. It's just a forum.

Boobs and sway in the same paragraph? As a feminist I'm disgusted :)
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

Thanks for that strkngfang! I'm the first one to enjoy humour but thought that particular post was a LITTLE near to the knuckle - especially in such an open forum! I'm the first one to completely take the you know what out of myself and others and I'm no prude I can assure you!! In fact, my language and thoughts can be very blue at times!!

I'm sure I could learn to service my own bike but certainly within the first 24 months, I'd want to 'do it' by the book to ensure the warranty remains valid. There is a mechanic near to me that sounds fab and I guess a lot cheaper than a Honda dealer.

Thank you for your kind offer of help and guidance! I will most probably take you up on this at some point - that is if I ever actually make a final decision and purchase the PCX!!! Thanks again to you and everyone else on the forum - your help, advice and comments are really appreciated.[/quote]

Get a PCX, get the 600 mile service done and then every 4000 miles. Bikes are so reliable these days, most major problems will show early in ownership.

Afterwards do your own service, you will soon pick it up.

David
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

uote="DAB"]Thanks for that strkngfang! I'm the first one to enjoy humour but thought that particular post was a LITTLE near to the knuckle - especially in such an open forum! I'm the first one to completely take the you know what out of myself and others and I'm no prude I can assure you!! In fact, my language and thoughts can be very blue at times!!

I'm sure I could learn to service my own bike but certainly within the first 24 months, I'd want to 'do it' by the book to ensure the warranty remains valid. There is a mechanic near to me that sounds fab and I guess a lot cheaper than a Honda dealer.

Thank you for your kind offer of help and guidance! I will most probably take you up on this at some point - that is if I ever actually make a final decision and purchase the PCX!!! Thanks again to you and everyone else on the forum - your help, advice and comments are really appreciated.[/quote]

Get a PCX, get the 600 mile service done and then every 4000 miles. Bikes are so reliable these days, most major problems will show early in ownership.

Afterwards do your own service, you will soon pick it up.

David[/quote]

Thanks David. I had to travel into my local town today on the bus and it was horrendous! it made me feel very sick and I have to say, I don't think it will be too long before I get back on 2 wheels, and I will be much happier! I strongly suspect now that a pcx or S-Wing will be in my driveway! I will keep you all posted.
Carpathian hawk

Post by Carpathian hawk »

Dear lady,
I recommand to choose Honda PCX 150; it is a very up-to-date scooter, incorporating the newest technologies into the engine and starter, and optimisation of transmission. It is very frugal on fuel, very easy to handle without engine (only 129 kgs), and wonderfull driving for daily use. It was designed to be costless maintenance. Just change every year the motor oil, this is the most important things to do in order to keep it in service; other checks as per the Operating Manual. You will see is worth every penny payed from 3000 euro. (It was the price payed by my self). Too, the look is very fancy and modern.
It is just an opinion.
Currently own: 2013 Honda PCX150 red, 2008 Suzuki Burgman 400 red.
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

["Carpathian hawk"]Dear lady,
I recommand to choose Honda PCX 150; it is a very up-to-date scooter, incorporating the newest technologies into the engine and starter, and optimisation of transmission. It is very frugal on fuel, very easy to handle without engine (only 129 kgs), and wonderfull driving for daily use. It was designed to be costless maintenance. Just change every year the motor oil, this is the most important things to do in order to keep it in service; other checks as per the Operating Manual. You will see is worth every penny payed from 3000 euro. (It was the price payed by my self). Too, the look is very fancy and modern.
It is just an opinion.[/quote]

thanks for that. Unfortunately, we do not have the pcx 150 in the uk, we only have the 125 cc!
strkngfang
Regular User
Regular User

Post by strkngfang »

As owners of both, my wife has the 150 & mine is the 125, you can't go wrong with either one.
Dan
2015 Honda Forza- red
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Carpathian hawk wrote:Dear lady,

It is just an opinion.

Excellent post
Carpathian hawk

1)Dear Mr.You You
Thank you for you appreciation...

2)Dear lady Toria,
I can tell you that the PCX125 is ok with you; I had the drivetest with PCX125(40 minutes downtown) and I was very impressed with the performances; knowing that it is exist the version of 150 cmc, I decided to buy a PCX 150 only for the reason that I am 110 kg (271 lbs???) strong bull...and I guess the Honda PCX having 150 cmc will deal better with my weight; for you I guess PCX 125 will be all right, and you will get more fuel economy.
So, the same into my country Honda get only PCX125; we were two potentials buyers who decided to buy PCX 150; so we insisted and fight to Honda (we get the support of our dealer) that our wish is to bring us what we wanted to buy with our own money; finally they accepted, even they have done individual type certification on their expenses. Now, both of us, we are very happy with our decisions; the same with our PCXs. I already get the line of 2000 km and is working excellent. Peoples said that is very beautiful rabbit; but I am happy with the technical caracteristics proved by this little scooter.
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

Carpathian hawk wrote:1)Dear Mr.You You

2)Dear lady Toria,
I can tell you that the PCX125 is ok with you; I had the drivetest with PCX125(40 minutes downtown) and I was very impressed with the performances; knowing that it is exist the version of 150 cmc, I decided to buy a PCX 150 only for the reason that I am 110 kg (271 lbs???) strong bull...and I guess the Honda PCX having 150 cmc will deal better with my weight; for you I guess PCX 125 will be all right, and you will get more fuel economy.
So, the same into my country Honda get only PCX125; we were two potentials buyers who decided to buy PCX 150; so we insisted and fight to Honda (we get the support of our dealer) that our wish is to bring us what we wanted to buy with our own money; finally they accepted, even they have done individual type certification on their expenses. Now, both of us, we are very happy with our decisions; the same with our PCXs. I already get the line of 2000 km and is working excellent. Peoples said that is very beautiful rabbit; but I am happy with the technical caracteristics proved by this little scooter.
Thanks for your message. I'm just a little concerned that a PCX might be too small for me Because a) I'm not exactly small framed! And also I have ridden much larger bikes, I am not a learner! However, I will go to my local dealer again tomorrow and see if I can have a test ride on the PCX
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

toria wrote:
Carpathian hawk wrote:1)Dear Mr.You You

2)Dear lady Toria,
Thanks for your message. I'm just a little concerned that a PCX might be too small for me Because a) I'm not exactly small framed! And also I have ridden much larger bikes, I am not a learner! However, I will go to my local dealer again tomorrow and see if I can have a test ride on the PCX
I'm 18 stone, I have a 1700 cc V twin and still impressed by my first scooter, PCX 125. It wont replace the bikes I have but it does what I want it to do... very well.
It will be OK for your commute.

David
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
Carpathian hawk

All is depending by ourselves visions; I had a 600 cmc Kawasaki Ninja; soon I decided that for myself is more intelligent to share this capacity into two parts: one for a crowded downtown and other for external trips; so I get a Yamaha Neos 50 4T very usefull into the awfull Bucharest' traffic and a Suzuki Burgman 400 a very good maxi for my trips to the mountains & seaside resorts. I sold the small Yamaha and I got PCX a great improuvement for the use downtown; but I check how is PCX for long trips....it is ok if you have coffe or smoke brake every hour....so for long distances at high speeds I prefer Suzuki Burgman....maybe for you is better Honda Forza, for me it is overpriced and overwheighted(I do not see the scooter; just I judge the specifications. Maybe I am wrong). For daily use I think that PCX is the best choice!
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

Yeah, i did a seat test on the Forza this weekend, and I found it kinda fat. I think the PCX is a much better around town choice.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Vagabondman wrote: I think the PCX is a much better around town choice.
I agree, for carving through heavy traffic in congested cities the PCX has the edge, but for everything else...
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

gn2 wrote:
I agree, for carving through heavy traffic in congested cities the PCX has the edge, but for everything else...

Thanks for all your replies. Sounds like the general consensus is for PCX funnily enough as this is a PCX forum! My last quandary is, for me, do I pay off my car first or say to myself "sod it, I could be dead tomorrow, hang the additional expense and get the bike as well!"
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Decision made on the PCX, that's good to read. Consider My vote now in. "Go For It!!" :P If your pocket agrees, why wait? The Big Question is, what color? Will it be the black...hmm, the red, the blue? or perhaps....."notice me" White? :D Have fun buying! Cheerio
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

WhiteNoise wrote:Decision made on the PCX, that's good to read. Consider My vote now in. "Go For It!!" :P If your pocket agrees, why wait? The Big Question is, what color? Will it be the black...hmm, the red, the blue? or perhaps....."notice me" White? :D Have fun buying! Cheerio
thank you for that. the blue is truly a lovely colour, but I think I'd prefer something with more presence on the road, I e the red one! I am taking a trip to my local honda dealer tomorrow in the hope of finally placing my order. thank you all so so much for all your feedback, advice and general input
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

All the best to you when you go to your dealer. I hope he has what you want. Keep us posted.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

[quote ="kramnala58"]Al,l the best to you when you go to your dealer. I hope he has what you want. Keep us posted.[/quote]

will do, just watching a couple of videos on youtube, some are quite funny, but others really really dull!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Make sure you get a good long test ride before you commit...
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Carpathian hawk

toria wrote:
gn2 wrote:

Thanks for all your replies. Sounds like the general consensus is for PCX funnily enough as this is a PCX forum! My last quandary is, for me, do I pay off my car first or say to myself "sod it, I could be dead tomorrow, hang the additional expense and get the bike as well!"
In the our days, nobody knows when his life is over( or the quality of his life...)! So, take the bike, enjoy your life riding PCX. I am sure you will be back here, and after a week you shall get familiar with the scooter, you will have not enough words to tell us how happy you are with your scooter.

I decided to buy a Honda PCX one year ago; ONLY by technical caracteristics; I do not had any opinion of others user; I got knowledge about this forum just few days after I ordered the PCX to my dealer. So I can tell you that I was independent in my opinion & decision.

Here you had the benefits of a lot of people (owners of PCX) opinions. Statistics they can't be all wrong even is a PCX forum. I consider that PCX is a "state-of-the art" scooter from Honda, and I can't find to the competitors something coresponding to it. And the price is very competitive, explained by the fact that the salaries in Thailanda are very small.

I am very happy with my PCX; for me Honda came on the market in the right moment with the right scooter having the caracteristics I wanted for use in my town.
Also for medium & long trips, I do not see on the market a better maxiscuter than Suzuki Burgman 400, which is full-satisfactory for me. All could be dependent by each person preferences, exactly like afinity for some colours.