Tidying the PCX!

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

tenpastnine

Tidying the PCX!

Post by tenpastnine »

Did some work tidying my PCX today!
I didn't like the silver/gray, love red so changed the panels and finally fitted my screen! As well as other extras iv bought over the last couple of months and haven't got around to fitting.

the extras

the screen trims(an honda sticker)
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: Tidying the PCX!

Post by khaosaming »

Looks nice. The chromed parts on the variator and airfilter box catch the eye. I like it.
I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly.
tenpastnine

Post by tenpastnine »

Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Nice photos!. Would you mind including a couple more photos?. I'm thinking about getting rid of my short Givi windshield and ordering the tall Ermax. I'd love to see a "front view" photo and another "side view" one. In the front view one, if you could just leave the handlebar centered so I can figure out the height of the windshield properly, I'd much appreciate.
PKrellner
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PKrellner »

I'm new to the PCX and have yet to buy anything in the way of accessories. I like your windshield and would like more information, brand name, cost, where you bought it and how difficult to install. I'm good with tools and could do the work myself but don't know where to purchase. Thanks in advance.
tenpastnine

Post by tenpastnine »

here we go! Took them when i was at work with my phone so sorry if there not so good.

Im 6ft and this is from sitting as i would drive... (other then having a phone infront of my face.)

I think this screen would be so much better for someone thats under 5'6, but it does help keep me dry in the rain.

I'm not sure where the best place is to buy it, i ordered it from Same-same, a french based company.
It's a Ermax +25 for anyone unsure. There is a screen fitment in the 'how to' section of the forum i think they explain how to fit it better then i could, but its very easy.
http://www.same-same.fr/ermax-m-1.html? ... lter_id=75
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

Thank you very much, mate.

I have to admit that it does look much better than I thought. I was worried that it would be a bit too tall for a relatively small scooter like the PCX is, but it looks pretty well balanced. I'm a bit under 5 ft 10" so I hope it does better when it comes to wind buffeting than the short Givi does. At speeds over 80 kph, and considering I use a modular helmet (a noisy b**tard), it drives me nuts. If I have to ride from my town to, say, the neighbouring one (which is 30 kms away on the single carriage way I use, instead of the motorway), I have to use earplugs.

As soon as we get the right weather, the short Givi will be taken away from my PCX and put for sale. Thanks for link, too. I'll have a look at it although I had already located an eBay seller.

Cheers!.
tenpastnine

Post by tenpastnine »

I think it makes the scooter look even better then the stock one.

Ooh i couldn't find it on UK eBay, or anywhere in the UK infact!
Get some pictures up when you got it! :D
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

tenpastnine wrote:I think it makes the scooter look even better then the stock one.

Ooh i couldn't find it on UK eBay, or anywhere in the UK infact!
Get some pictures up when you got it! :D
I will upload some pics when I finally get it. It won't be anytime soon because we're starting (finally!) to get decent temperatures in the rainy north of Spain, so it's likely that in a couple or weeks or one month, I'll remove the short Givi from my PCX, put it for sale, and order the Ermax for next fall.

I've fitted the same exhaust accessory you've got in yours, plus the white stripes on the wheels, put aside the short Givi (the smoked one, in my case) and the 30L Givi top box. Before the windscreen and the top box were fitted, the exhaust part and the wheels' stripes made a difference. I suggest you think about installing them. It's more than likely that you like the outcome.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Just come back from just to the east of Malaga. Watching the weather reports the band of rain was passing over yorkshire turning down and around and landing on us. I can't escape yorkshire rain!!!

You would have been proud of us. Not one word of English the whole time.
Cascanciu
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Cascanciu »

you you wrote:Just come back from just to the east of Malaga. Watching the weather reports the band of rain was passing over yorkshire turning down and around and landing on us. I can't escape yorkshire rain!!!

You would have been proud of us. Not one word of English the whole time.
Sorry for the late reply, just saw this now.

We had a few days of good weather and rain is back these days. If we don't get a decent summer I'll be migrating to Almería so my bones get rid of this bloody humidity.

Congratulations! ;) . So you felt comfortable with your Spanish in Málaga? :lol: . It's meritorious because they have a funny accent, they're own slang and don't pronounce half of the words when they speak. We northerners have some trouble understanding them sometimes, so good for you!.
Leethal88
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Leethal88 »

Ah, good old England... I grew up there and moved when I was 12... Miss that country very much and my whole family still lives over there.. Need to make a trip back to Bristol soon!!!
- Lee

Owns: '13 Honda PCX 150, '97 Honda Civic LX
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

The short givi is 18.5 cm over stock and the ermax 25cm over stock so should be 6.5 cm higher than the givi.
tenpastnine

Post by tenpastnine »

I sold my PCX about 4 months ago after changing my job and not needing a commuter as much. -
I bought a Suzuki GSR600 to replace it then 3 months after buying it a car pulled across a junction about 3 feet in front of me and i had no chance!
However after recovering from all the aches and pains that goes along with hitting the road at speed, I'm thinking maybe a new(ish) PCX next week ;)
Really missed it and regretted selling it instantly!
Having owned Classic and modern, bikes and scooters the PCX has been by far the best i have ever had and most fun i have had with any vehicle!

Watch this space! :D
wingz
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Dark Silver

Post by wingz »

I think it is a nice idea... If I ever get tired of the silver/grey.
How much did all the replacement panels cost?
pcx125
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by pcx125 »

Hi tenpastnine , which website did you get your panel ?
tenpastnine

Post by tenpastnine »

I got the panels from http://japan.webike.net/

I'm pretty sure they where less then 300GBP.
I can't remember how much the chrome parts where, they came separately.
tenpastnine

Post by tenpastnine »

New Beast
2012 PCX :D
wingz
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Dark Silver

Post by wingz »

tenpastnine wrote:New Beast

2012 PCX :D
Beautiful! :)
I nearly got a black one but was worried about how it would look in our dusty environment.
pcx125
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by pcx125 »

Thanks , Yeab I bought a seat from the as well.