Rear fender rattle on PCX 125

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Waltercito1947

Rear fender rattle on PCX 125

Post by Waltercito1947 »

Howdy. I have a 2011 PCX 125, which I love, but have noticed what almost sounds like sheet metal rattling at the rear of the scooter...if usually happens when I'm slowing way down...I've checked the license plate and all connections/mounting points for the fender, but can't find anything loose; I can more or less "pluck" the side edge of the fender and get a very tiny amount of the noise. Any thoughts?
chainsaw
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 150esp
Color: white/carbon

Re: Rear fender rattle on PCX 125

Post by chainsaw »

try checking the exhaust mounts and the exhaust protection cover, these can rattle and make a bit of noise.
brendan_honda

Post by brendan_honda »

Its best if you just live with it as far as I know no one has found the cause of such noise.seams a general noise that everyone has so it might be comimg from some moving parts that resonate when keeping the engine at a constant speed. Just my thoughts :-)
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Mine doesnt make a noise now, it used to when slowing down but dont notice it now. I thought it was the variator. Also others have reported the tax disk holder can vibrate and cause noise.
ben
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ben »

Its a normal noise coming from the CVT, there are a few threads on it. When you slow the belt slaps about and you will hear a clunck from where all the roller drop, some bikes are louder than otheres
Waltercito1947

Post by Waltercito1947 »

Thanks to everyone for their responses; the noise would be heard on slow acceleration, and slowing down; now, it's increased to some intermittent sounds when I'm riding at speed. I have to tag here on the island (they say they "ran out") so it's not the tag or bracket. magluitta gave me some good tips. Thanks again.