Decision between PCX and S-Wing

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

toria
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Decision between PCX and S-Wing

Post by toria »

Black or red? I have to say the red is gorgeous but I've been offered a black pre-registered bike for 2,200 uk pounds rather than £2400! I think the red one will have better road presence ...... The blue/green one is nice too! HELP!!!!!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Red is the best.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Carpathian hawk

Post by Carpathian hawk »

toria wrote:Black or red? I have to say the red is gorgeous but I've been offered a black pre-registered bike for 2,200 uk pounds rather than £2400! I think the red one will have better road presence ...... The blue/green one is nice too! HELP!!!!!
All we know that the black is absorbing the light, so an black object is less visible. Personally I do not prefer black because it is reminding me of mortuary occasions.
After the delivery of my PCX I really was very surprised how beautifull red colour I got. Into this red is incorporated some very little perls (white) very shinny that bring the red to am astonish effect. If I must chose I will pay more for the red (300-400 pounds) or blue-sky which is my preferred colour.
White or Black is seem to be to me too nit, to simple....the red get some personality. Just for me!
Currently own: 2013 Honda PCX150 red, 2008 Suzuki Burgman 400 red.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

I personally like black on any vehicle. When it is clean, I don't think any colour looks better. The trouble is that black shows dirt more than any other colour. Red will show dirt as well, but not as readily. .... I'm not being a help, am I? ;-)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:? Okay kram, which is it? C'mon we need a pick here! :lol: Black red Black red? or Red black Red black? and you ride what??? Look at his avatar, Is that a White, I see? :lol: :lol: :lol: Ahhh,...White ya gotta love the White ;)
Now if there is no White choice, I say Red. But wait! I never saw the blue greeny one (in person). toria you seem to favor that color. Does your dealer have one?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

toria wrote:Black or red? I have to say the red is gorgeous but I've been offered a black pre-registered bike for 2,200 uk pounds rather than £2400! I think the red one will have better road presence ...... The blue/green one is nice too! HELP!!!!!
Black and save £200.

I thought the list price in the UK was now £2600?
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
ben
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ben »

A new PCX is £2600 with £100 cashbach until 30th September. The bike is so reliable i would get a used on from ebay with a couple of hundred miles, save on doing the first service and several hundred pounds. Go for the colour you like rather than price, theres so much black plastics on the bike it looks better with a colour to contrast with!

This on is new and red for £2300 delivered...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-pcx-PCX ... 257fbabac9
ben
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ben »

Bet you could haggle that down to £2150 delivered at least this time of year, your in a strong buying position! Main reason im not buying a bigger bike is i wont get the price i want for mine this close to winter...
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

Hi folks, long time no read the forum - apologies!! After all your kind and pain-staking input, I really think I'm going to go for the Forza instead as that has more ooomph, more road presence and a longer service interval (DON'T jump down my throat anyone!). I REALLY do value all your opinions and I am so sorry if you think I was time wasting - was NOT intended I can assure you! A friend of mine has the red PCX and it DOES look gorgeous (if a scooter CAN look gorgeous?!) so IF I had decided to go down the PCX route, it WOULD have been a red one.

Ride safe everyone and enjoy your PCXs.

Best wishes,

Toria
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

toria wrote:Hi folks, long time no read the forum - apologies!! After all your kind and pain-staking input, I really think I'm going to go for the Forza instead as that has more ooomph, more road presence and a longer service interval (DON'T jump down my throat anyone!). I REALLY do value all your opinions and I am so sorry if you think I was time wasting - was NOT intended I can assure you! A friend of mine has the red PCX and it DOES look gorgeous (if a scooter CAN look gorgeous?!) so IF I had decided to go down the PCX route, it WOULD have been a red one.

Ride safe everyone and enjoy your PCXs.

Best wishes,

Toria

Spend the 1k more and get a CTX700N You wont regret it.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Not available in most markets.
And its not a scooter, therefore fecking useless as transport.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

gn2 wrote:Not available in most markets.

A way better value for the money then your Forza Im affraid
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Bollocks, its a worthless piece of shite.
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

It's available in the UK and it IS a scooter - automatic, twist and go. Are you thinking of another bike perhaps? In the UK, the Forza is DEFINITELY a scooter.
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

~Cheap_Ride~ wrote:

A way better value for the money then your Forza Im affraid

Which, the PCX is better value than the Forza? That may be so but these choices are very personal choices BUT having said that, I DO appreciate your input - I wouldn't have posted on this forum otherwise but as it's a PCX forum, most, if not all will prefer the PCX - only makes sense!!
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

gn2 wrote:Bollocks, its a worthless piece of shite.

?? The Forza is a worthless piece of shite do you mean? It's basically a PCX on steroids - "Honey I blew up the PCX" springs to mind, or some such phraseology!!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

You have the wrong end of the stick, I was responding to Cheap Ride's suggestion of a CTX
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

gn2 wrote:You have the wrong end of the stick, I was responding to Cheap Ride's suggestion of a CTX
Aahh, my apologies! I understand now
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

gn2 wrote:Bollocks, its a worthless piece of shite.

You just described your over priced Forza :lol:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Price is different over here, the Forza is £4499 which compares very favourably with the manual NC700S at £5499, £6399 with DCT
I've ridden a DCT NC and was very much less than impressed at how coarse and agricultural it felt.
It was so bad that despite having it for the whole day I just rode it straight home and parked it.