Anyone in the US using an aftermarket exhaust for the 150?

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

ScooterCommuter

Re: Anyone in the US using an aftermarket exhaust for the 15

Post by ScooterCommuter »

The EFI system can handle a wide range of air/fuel ratios.
I would like to read where that is not the case. Pcxdemon has done lots of testing.
-Slickvic

Cool. It seems like it is a pretty common mod across the board for scooters and motorcycles. I was reading on someone removing the snorkel
on a Daelim S1 125cc. But, I don't really know anything about that moto nor the credentials of the person that responded that it might cause
overheating. If the Leo Vince exhaust turns out to be way too loud for street use, I may go back stock and just remove the snorkel.
I commute 24 miles each way and pass a couple of police substations on my route.
current: Honda Pcx 150
previous: Honda Reflex 250, Suzuki Gs500, Yamaha Vino 70 mod
'Never Ride Faster Than Your Angel Can Fly'
ScooterCommuter

I installed the Leo Vince Corsa GP Exhaust. It is much louder and fuller sounding; still not as loud as my neighbors cruiser or the sport bikes I hear winding up from half-a-mile away, but definitely enough to be heard in traffic. I did have to modify the mounting bracket because the bolt was too big for the holes. Here is a short sound test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkx2JRZs ... e=youtu.be

I am going to put a full video up on YouTube of the install and before and after sound test. I had some audio drop out on my first edit for some reason. The longer video should be up next week. I will link it when I get it fixed. Cheers!
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Let us know how the power band changes and what happens on top end.
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

Thank you for the updates, ScooterCommuter!
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

ScooterCommuter wrote:I installed the Leo Vince Corsa GP Exhaust. It is much louder and fuller sounding; still not as loud as my neighbors cruiser or the sport bikes I hear winding up from half-a-mile away, but definitely enough to be heard in traffic. I did have to modify the mounting bracket because the bolt was too big for the holes. Here is a short sound test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkx2JRZs ... e=youtu.be

I am going to put a full video up on YouTube of the install and before and after sound test. I had some audio drop out on my first edit for some reason. The longer video should be up next week. I will link it when I get it fixed. Cheers!
Nice, not as loud as I thought it would be( I was considering getting that same muffler). ;)
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

i like the sound but i also have to keep it quieter than the crotchrockets round here
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
ScooterCommuter

DRIVING IMPRESSIONS OF THE LEO VINCE CORSA GP EXHAUST ON HONDA PCX 150

So, I put 48 miles round trip on the newly installed Corsa this morning.
It does effect the power band.
There is a bog down from 0-20 mph. The Pcx 150 is not as fast off-the-line with the Leo Vince Corsa installed.
It seems like it requires more throttle for the same acceleration from 0-50mph, but it could be that I am more timid twisting due to the loud wind up.
There is a boost in power from 50-65 mph, but the Pcx is still not going to hit 70 mph without a tail wind.
There is definite resonate vibration, increased fuel smell, and the sound from 35-45 mph is unpleasant to me. It sounds like a crop duster.
Those three things together gave me a slight headache.

Here are the GOOD things:
1. It looks way cooler than the stock exhaust
2. It sounds good idling
3. I did have a car yield that was about to dart out and a pedestrian look up and stay on the curb because they heard me last minute.
4. Top end boost

I prefer quick off-the-line to the top end boost & I rarely run the scooter above 55 mph; I am generally in the 35-45 mph range where the Corsa exhaust
is the noisiest. Maybe this exhaust wasn't the best choice for how I ride.

I have 180 miles to commute over the weekend. I am seriously considering going back stock before then if I have time.
The Corsa exhaust will probably end up on Ebay, because I am feeling a bit of buyers remorse over the whole experience.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

ScooterCommuter wrote:DRIVING IMPRESSIONS OF THE LEO VINCE CORSA GP EXHAUST ON HONDA PCX 150

So, I put 48 miles round trip on the newly installed Corsa this morning.
It does effect the power band.
There is a bog down from 0-20 mph. The Pcx 150 is not as fast off-the-line with the Leo Vince Corsa installed.
It seems like it requires more throttle for the same acceleration from 0-50mph, but it could be that I am more timid twisting due to the loud wind up.
There is a boost in power from 50-65 mph, but the Pcx is still not going to hit 70 mph without a tail wind.
There is definite resonate vibration, increased fuel smell, and the sound from 35-45 mph is unpleasant to me. It sounds like a crop duster.
Those three things together gave me a slight headache.

Here are the GOOD things:
1. It looks way cooler than the stock exhaust
2. It sounds good idling
3. I did have a car yield that was about to dart out and a pedestrian look up and stay on the curb because they heard me last minute.
4. Top end boost

I prefer quick off-the-line to the top end boost & I rarely run the scooter above 55 mph; I am generally in the 35-45 mph range where the Corsa exhaust
is the noisiest. Maybe this exhaust wasn't the best choice for how I ride.

I have 180 miles to commute over the weekend. I am seriously considering going back stock before then if I have time.
The Corsa exhaust will probably end up on Ebay, because I am feeling a bit of buyers remorse over the whole experience.

Pfft. Same with an iphone 5s. Why did I do it!!
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

ScooterCommuter wrote:There is a bog down from 0-20 mph.
The fuel mixture may continue to adapt if you give it a few more days. Or it might not. Which would then require a piggy back wide band fuel controller.
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Scootercommuter pm sent
ScooterCommuter

The fuel mixture may continue to adapt if you give it a few more days. Or it might not. Which would then require a piggy back wide band fuel controller.
-Sendler2112

Good point Sender2112. I am going to give it the weekend since I have a longer commute than usual and see if it settles in. Plus it turns out that headache was a allergy sinus headache. I will give it another 100 miles or so.

Here's the full install video (edited to about 5 min) if anyone is interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3P30xL2 ... e=youtu.be
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

ScooterCommuter wrote:
-Sendler2112

Good point Sender2112. I am going to give it the weekend since I have a longer commute than usual and see if it settles in. Plus it turns out that headache was a allergy sinus headache. I will give it another 100 miles or so.

Here's the full install video (edited to about 5 min) if anyone is interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3P30xL2 ... e=youtu.be

You might be able to get it repacked with more wadding depending on the construction
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

you you wrote:You might be able to get it repacked with more wadding depending on the construction
I thought I took away your ability to post here. Did I fail? :lol: :lol:

Mind you, the post you made was constructive, so if you're behaving, I won't bother. :P
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

maddiedog wrote:
you you wrote:You might be able to get it repacked with more wadding depending on the construction
I thought I took away your ability to post here. Did I fail? :lol: :lol:

Mind you, the post you made was constructive, so if you're behaving, I won't bother. :P
Don't tempt me :)
ScooterCommuter

So after an additional 120 miles, here are my better informed driving impressions of the Leo Vince Corsa GP exhaust:

It does seem like the EFI adjusted and the exhaust mellowed out a little bit. After some backfiring, the sound mellowed out and the scooter seemed to get in the groove. It still doesn't jump of the line quite like it used to BUT, the whole power band is smoother and more consistent with less peaks and valleys. The scooter just seems a little more sure underneath me, and doesn't have lags and froggy spots like it used to. I think it is a good mod. I don't miss the jump off the line so much, since it was at the edge of feeling like the moto was going to get away from me, and the overall acceleration curve seems smoother and quicker.
So that is my two cents after about 170 miles. Enjoy the ride, y'all.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Is it still too loud? Or have you gotten used to it by now?
ScooterCommuter

It is still loud, but seems like it has mellowed out a bit. Maybe I have just gotten used to it. I was riding next to a HD soft tail downtown. Our motos seemed about the same volume at low to medium rpm.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

ScooterCommuter wrote:It is still loud, but seems like it has mellowed out a bit. Maybe I have just gotten used to it. I was riding next to a HD soft tail downtown. Our motos seemed about the same volume at low to medium rpm.

But what is it like next to real motorcycles?
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

so i bought it and found it to sound good without the silencer it is loud but still quiet to the haleys and crotchrockets around here. but i must agree the bottomend has slowed a bit but with sliders it evens out. i get the pop but its cold so i get a pop when its cold but it evens out once its warm. and i get a better accelleration from about 35 up.

word of caution dont lean too far to the right you will scrape.

i have realized my intake isnt flowing enough air for it so i have way more power when its around freezing temps it pulls really hard doing 60-65 up hills.
DISOBEDIENCE CREW