Cheap clock & thermometer

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Cheap clock & thermometer

Post by Taz »

I just bought for <$5 including postage off eBay a ' 2in1 Car Auto Bicycle LCD Clip-on Digital backlight Automotive Thermometer Clock '

It comes with a crocodile clip mount and double sided sticky tape on it. I taped it on and cut and used the plastic packaging to further protect it from the rain. As it happened, I rode in in the rain yesterday on its first outing and it survived. It also shows the temp which is nice and handy for knowing if black ice could be around.

It replaces my old watch that survived for 18 mths in the elements but the battery just ran out and Im too tight to replace the battery. This new eBay clock has standard button batteries that are easy to replace. It was so cheap I bought a spare clock.

IMG_0558 by TazPCX, on Flickr

Its easy to ready in daylight without the backlight. Havent tried it at nighttime yet. It does have a large backlight button on top for night viewing, only stays on for a few seconds.

Old watch, now dead, and no temperature reading!:

IMG_0170 by TazPCX, on Flickr
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: Cheap clock & thermometer

Post by Indyglow »

What is the silver thing the new clock is sitting on?
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Its a 'riderscan' mirror, got it from eBay Uk after trawlermans tip at http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=804&start=20
robertd5

Post by robertd5 »

Taz,

Regarding the ' 2in1 Car Auto Bicycle LCD Clip-on Digital backlight Automotive Thermometer Clock ' - do you know what type of batteries it takes? I bought one but it did not arrive with batteries :( I emailed the ebay seller but didn't receive a reply. Hoping you might still have it.

Thanks,

Robert
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

robertd5 wrote:Taz,

Regarding the ' 2in1 Car Auto Bicycle LCD Clip-on Digital backlight Automotive Thermometer Clock ' - do you know what type of batteries it takes? I bought one but it did not arrive with batteries :( I emailed the ebay seller but didn't receive a reply. Hoping you might still have it.

Thanks,

Robert

I found one that includes the batteries:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Auto-Bicycl ... 5d44b0ea62

It looks like the same one (but of course I can't guarantee that)... says it takes 2 x AG3 Button CELL
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
gokidd
Regular User
Regular User

Post by gokidd »

Clever use of the packaging, Taz, Well Done!
The clock looks good.
Let us boogie ...
Honda PCX 150
Yamaha Majesty 400
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

I did notice that the clocks all show temp in degrees C. One of them says it only shows degrees C. So, those folks in the US might want to consider that before ordering.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Sorry not much on the forum these days now its morphed to Forzas. I'm still happy with my pcx original 125 and the clocks going well too. It takes 2 ag3 button cells. The ones it shipped with lasted less than 2 weeks but the replacements lasted around 4 or 5 months. I've now got it mounted on middle of handlebar where my watch was as it doesnt vibrate as much there.