mirror extenders - cross posted from gallery section

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Nines

mirror extenders - cross posted from gallery section

Post by Nines »

OK! I have added mirror extenders to my PCX. I'm probably getting the Givi 322st windshield, do you folks think it'll work ok with those extenders? Do I need the hardware kit, or just the shield? Thx!
Attachments
smaller.jpg
smaller.jpg (510.73 KiB) Viewed 2126 times
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Re: mirror extenders - cross posted from gallery section

Post by maddiedog »

Should work fine with extenders -- they'll be even more out of the way. ;)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
SportRiderrr

Post by SportRiderrr »

Never used either one.....might i ask, why get the mirror extenders? Never had a problem with the placement myself.
Nines

Post by Nines »

Maybe I sit funny, maybe it's my bulky jacket (had to buy it to fit my butt, so it's too big elsewhere. Ladies, u hear me?). Maybe I'm just defective. With them, I find I can just glance at the mirrors, as opposed to having to kinda lean and fuss around. Quicker and safer mirror checks.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Nines wrote:Maybe I sit funny, maybe it's my bulky jacket (had to buy it to fit my butt, so it's too big elsewhere. Ladies, u hear me?). Maybe I'm just defective. With them, I find I can just glance at the mirrors, as opposed to having to kinda lean and fuss around. Quicker and safer mirror checks.
Maybe it's because I'm a bloke but I'm lost here. Why does your jacket have to fit your bum. Surely that's the job of your pants?
Nines

Post by Nines »

Well, if it's long enough that it *should* go down over your hip/butt area, and it won't, it all bunches up and you end up with the shoulders of your coat up by your ears. Not to mention it will magnify said butt area. Look up "people of Walmart", I'm sure you'll see some fine examples of this. o_O
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

Nines wrote:Maybe I sit funny, maybe it's my bulky jacket (had to buy it to fit my butt, so it's too big elsewhere. Ladies, u hear me?). Maybe I'm just defective. With them, I find I can just glance at the mirrors, as opposed to having to kinda lean and fuss around. Quicker and safer mirror checks.
I hear ya. You aren't defective. (But, you could get a women's jacket... I have been trying to find one I like.)

I did adjust my mirrors though. The left one in particular was swung too far in, so I got a wrench and moved the arm. That helped a lot.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
Nines

Post by Nines »

This is my coat:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/icon ... lam-jacket
I really like it, but the butt-issue remains. I like Icon products, they have some really snazzy jackets, you should check it out if you haven't. My helmet is Icon too:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/icon ... tal-helmet
Incidentally, it won't fit under the seat. I bet it would work in your Forza, congrats BTW!
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

Nice coat and helmet.

I'm looking at 2 coats. One is the Olympia Airglide 4 Jacket, but it's really pricey.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/ ... acket.aspx?

The other is Tour Master Women's Motive Jacket

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14 ... acket.aspx?

The Tour Master gets great reviews, but I was hoping to get a jacket that is red (to match my bike) or yellow (for visibility), but the price of the Tour Master along with the great reviews is very tempting.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
Nines

Post by Nines »

The Tour Master sounds like a solid jacket. You could always go with that and a hi viz helmet. I had a big debate about colour, too. The logos on my coat are reflective, so I like to think that helps.
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

I thought about extenders for my mirrors as well. In my case it's because I'm fat. Yes I can admit that. My problem is I can only see from one mirror or the other, no matter how I adjust the mirrors. I also had a problem getting a jacket. I looked at the women's jackets on Revzilla and Leatherup and neither came big enough. So I decided on buying a mens... Nope didn't fit either, still too small. I was able to find a leather jacket from a women's catalog that was a bit big but I figure I can put layers under it.

I love both of the jackets that you were looking at Darth Emma. Too bad for me that neither would fit me.
toot

Post by toot »

That is the extenders I have. I just added the Givi smoke windscreen and it works perfect. :) :) :) :) :)