2014 Metropolitan (U.S.) - Honda is giving us COLORS!!!!

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

Kermit
Scootering Amphibian
Scootering Amphibian

2014 Metropolitan (U.S.) - Honda is giving us COLORS!!!!

Post by Kermit »

I think I might be in shock...I was just browsing around on the Honda Powersports page, and they have some new 2014 models listed. Looks like they've gotten rid of the SH150i for good. :( But they added a 2014 Metropolitan, and we have COLOR CHOICES beyond black, red, and white (which are not offered on this one). Orange (!!!), blue, and pink... check it out:

http://powersports.honda.com/2014/metropolitan.aspx

Maybe, just maybe this means we might get more color choices in higher-end scooters from Honda...then again, maybe I'm dreaming...
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: 2014 Metropolitan (U.S.) - Honda is giving us COLORS!!!!

Post by khaosaming »

What about the new zoomer-ish (tech-wise) Honda Dunk 50 with idle stop à la PCX?

http://www.scootersales.com.au/news-rev ... nk-50.aspx
I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Wow I really like the DUNK, may have too throw a couple of those in the RV when I get older... :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

dasshreddar wrote:Wow I really like the DUNK, may have too throw a couple of those in the RV when I get older... :lol:
It does look cool doesn't it? What's that extra "wheel" between the clutch and the variator, a belt driven kickstart?
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Sorry, the Dunk look like a clunk to me. The Zoomer is much more stylish. But to each his own.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
prenders88

Post by prenders88 »

kramnala58 wrote:Sorry, the Dunk look like a clunk to me. The Zoomer is much more stylish. But to each his own.
Same here. :lol: :lol:

Who dreamed up the name?

The Zoomer has cult status here in Thailand, I can't think of any Thai kid turning on up that, and not being the subject of ridicule.
It's either a Zoomer, Scooby, or a MSX the kids want.

I did notice though Honda are going down the LED route for the rear light.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I'm a Big fan of the orange (I had a candy orange shadow, it's a real sweet color). I do like the newer design of the Met, But...still a 49cc. The Ruckus doesn't give the appearance of being a 49cc so I think drivers are fooled by it, but a Pink and White Met? Hmm...I think they'd assume it's slow. That can spell trouble round these parts. I had always hoped Honda would go bigger on both the Met and Ruc, say 125/150? Not.
The Met is cute, a full step through, easy on easy off, nimble. It's a scoot that's been around long enough to prove itself worthy in scooterland ;) A very nice little country road(s) run about
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Kermit
Scootering Amphibian
Scootering Amphibian

Post by Kermit »

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the pink and white at all. Who are they trying to attract with that - 8 year old girls? But I love the orange. I'm guessing Honda's answer to "go bigger on the Met" was the SH150i, which evidently wasn't a big seller for them. I wanted one last year, but by the time I "discovered" them, there were none to be had within a 500 mile radius for me (no new ones, anyway), so my husband and I got a pair of PCXs (after I agonized over giving up my plan of getting an old-fashioned-looking step-through scoot).

Although I love the orange Met, I've talked myself out of it already. It would be oh-so-cute, but not at all practical. I would hardly be able to ride it out of my half-mile wide subdivision/neighborhood, and it seems like other than appearance, it would be such a step back from my PCX 150. I really wish Honda had a bigger step-through. In orange.
typhon2222
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011 PCX 125
Color: Red

Post by typhon2222 »

My wife and I have two 2014 Honda Metros: blue for me, orange for her. Both colors are fab, but the orange is an absolute kick. We call it the orange candy bomb.

I guess it must not have sold well though. While the blue has been maintained for the Metro's new 2015 color line-up, the orange has been dropped. :(
SCOOTS
Now: 2013 Honda PCX 150 / 2011 Honda PCX 125 / 2014 Honda Metro / 2014 Honda Metro
Before: 2015 Yamaha SMAX / 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 / 2006 Yamaha Vino 50 / 2013 Honda Metro

WOOTS
1988 Volkswagen Westfalia full camper
Kermit
Scootering Amphibian
Scootering Amphibian

Post by Kermit »

Fun! Does your wife also have a PCX?
speedandstyle
Regular User
Regular User

Post by speedandstyle »

I wish they had a selection of colors for the Forza! I like red but that candy orange would be awesome.
typhon2222
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011 PCX 125
Color: Red

Post by typhon2222 »

Kermit wrote:Fun! Does your wife also have a PCX?
She does! But to be honest, we hardly use our PCXs. The Metros are so much better at hauling groceries and any other bulky items, thanks to that bag hook and flat floorboard.... and they're cuter.... and nimbler... and easier to maneuver in our garage.... We only haul out the PCXs when we need to travel some distance.
SCOOTS
Now: 2013 Honda PCX 150 / 2011 Honda PCX 125 / 2014 Honda Metro / 2014 Honda Metro
Before: 2015 Yamaha SMAX / 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 / 2006 Yamaha Vino 50 / 2013 Honda Metro

WOOTS
1988 Volkswagen Westfalia full camper