Are there any UK Forza owners out there?

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Are there any UK Forza owners out there?

Post by Darth Emma »

BEAUTIFUL! Enjoy your new ride.
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

Darth Emma wrote:BEAUTIFUL! Enjoy your new ride.

Thanks Darth Emma - I have so far, though she's a LITTLE on the slow side but will speed up I know!! Ride safe :D
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

NOT a happy bunny now! I have a problem with the 'cubihole' lock switch on my Forza - you know, the button on the left that is MEANT to unlock the cubihole - no longer working, switch completely 'loose' and cannot open the cubihole! Peed off. Anyone out there had the same problem?
Attachments
2013-11-18 17.03.00.jpg
2013-11-18 17.03.00.jpg (152.59 KiB) Viewed 1155 times
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

I am sorry your having problems with your new Forza. I wish you the best of luck. As far as fixing it I dont have a clue.
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

~Cheap_Ride~ wrote:I am sorry your having problems with your new Forza. I wish you the best of luck. As far as fixing it I dont have a clue.

Thanks for that. It's just VERY annoying - I've had it less than a week .... I'm taking it to my local Honda dealer tomorrow and hope they can fix it easily enough!!

Best

Toria
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

toria wrote:NOT a happy bunny now! I have a problem with the 'cubihole' lock switch on my Forza - you know, the button on the left that is MEANT to unlock the cubihole - no longer working, switch completely 'loose' and cannot open the cubihole! Peed off. Anyone out there had the same problem?
I'm sure you've done this, but I'll ask anyway...
Do you have the key in the ignition set to the "unlock" position?
When you press the switch, you have to feel that "click" and then it opens.

If it's not working right, then take it to the dealer.

Sorry to hear it's giving you trouble. I've had no issues with mine.

Edit: We posted at the same time. I see you're planning to take it to the dealer. I'm sure they'll fix you up in no time. Good excuse to go for a ride!
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

Thanks for your message. Yes, the key is in the right unlock position. Hopefully Blade Honda will sort it tomorrow.
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

Darth Emma wrote:
toria wrote:NOT a happy bunny now! I have a problem with the 'cubihole' lock switch on my Forza - you know, the button on the left that is MEANT to unlock the cubihole - no longer working, switch completely 'loose' and cannot open the cubihole! Peed off. Anyone out there had the same problem?

Edit: We posted at the same time. I see you're planning to take it to the dealer. I'm sure they'll fix you up in no time. Good excuse to go for a ride!
Thanks for your message. Yes, the key is in the right unlock position. Hopefully Blade Honda will sort it tomorrow.
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

Darth Emma wrote:

The switch is just 'loose' - it's almost like it's popped out of its housing though not sure if that's possible and if it is, why it's done it. Grrrr, it's fab otherwise though got drenched on my way from home, nasty ride, couldn't see diddly-squat!!
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

Just in case anyone is having problems fitting their helmet (!) under the seat, here is a picture of my flip top helmet (and my head's not small).
Attachments
Helmet under seat.jpg
Helmet under seat.jpg (258.32 KiB) Viewed 1150 times
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

gn2 wrote:Had mine since 12 September, 2,000 miles on the clock now.
I find it very comfortable, handling is excellent, very stable, easy to ride at low speed, good at getting through gaps, economy is good at circa 79mpg average and it will do 70mph uphill into a headwind without any problem.
And a bottle of wine will fit in the left fairing pocket.
I can thoroughly recommend it.

I'd be careful about putting anything remotely heavy in the left fairing pocket - I HAVEN'T BUT the switch to unlock it is ALREADY broken and I can therefore not use it. The manual says that you shouldn't put anything over 1.5kg in weight in there so I suspect a bottle of vino may NOT be a good move! It makes me worry that the switch for the fuel and seat will go too - that would be even more disastrous! Hey ho, my local dealer in the UK are going to sort out the fairing pocket at its first service BUT it means I'll be without my bike for at least a day as they're going to have to strip it down to get at the problem and then order in parts if necessary!! What a pain in the proverbial!!
V4 TRV
Regular User
Regular User

Post by V4 TRV »

Ill be joining the fray within a week - yay!
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

V4 TRV wrote:Ill be joining the fray within a week - yay!

Excellent! Hope you enjoy it. What colour are you getting? Ride safe :D
V4 TRV
Regular User
Regular User

Post by V4 TRV »

Black for me too. Will post a pic when I get all my bits put on it. Left the PCX in today for the grips,running lights etc to be transferred over. Hope to be on the road by Friday.
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

V4 TRV wrote:Black for me too. Will post a pic when I get all my bits put on it. Left the PCX in today for the grips,running lights etc to be transferred over. Hope to be on the road by Friday.
it sounds like your new forza is going to be very well equipped i look forward to seeing the photographs. Right safely and enjoy
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

V4 TRV wrote:Ill be joining the fray within a week - yay!

How much?
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

toria wrote:
V4 TRV wrote:Black for me too. Will post a pic when I get all my bits put on it. Left the PCX in today for the grips,running lights etc to be transferred over. Hope to be on the road by Friday.
it sounds like your new forza is going to be very well equipped i look forward to seeing the photographs. Right safely and enjoy

..... that should have been 'RIDE' safely - blinking predictive text on my mobile!! Enjoy
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Toria-

Did you ever get the switch problem sorted out? Hope it is fixed, and you are enjoying your ride...
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

MichRocks wrote:Toria-

Did you ever get the switch problem sorted out? Hope it is fixed, and you are enjoying your ride...

Not yet but taking her in for her first service today so they're going to look at it and hopefully resolve in the next week! Keep your fingers crossed for me - most certainly enjoying the ride, apart from when it's peeing down with rain!!

Best

Toria
toria
Regular User
Regular User

Post by toria »

Yey, fairing box problem resolved, was just that the cable hadn't been fitted properly at the factory! First run in service done and now purring like a kitten!!