A Birdie Told Me.....

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

A Birdie Told Me.....

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wishing Ya'll a Yummy Turkey Day stuffed with Thankfullness & Love

Now Pass The Gravy!......please?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (66.26 KiB) Viewed 1707 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: A Birdie Told Me.....

Post by Mel46 »

My Jack Russell's told me that chasing the turkey was half of the fun! :-)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Happy thanksgiving to all our American cousins. I hope your yams turn out nice.
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

I don't eat yams. And down here they are sweet potatoes. Lol
ImageImage
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

Happy Thanksgiving!

Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hope ya'll enjoyed your feast and your family/company! I sure the heck did :P So much food!!!!!
Mel, well isn't it nice to know your dog Enjoys the holiday too :lol:
Ali, funny you said yams. I was in charge of making the candied yams (12 large in fact) and I was disappointed in the finished product. Live and learn. Maybe, Next time? (That is...."if" they ask me next time) :roll:
logepoge1, Southern thang :P We eat both yams and sweet potatoes up north, but I'm told yams are the sweeter of the two. I think they're right. What.....youz got no yams in Louisiana?
Darth, OhNo! That "does look" so possible! :lol: Let me guess....no turkey for you? Or is it about the stuffing? :lol:
Have to run the stairs a few more times now :(
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

I don't think that we Americans EVER actually get yams. Yams run 2 to 10 kg and are kinda starchy. We eat a bunch of kinds of sweet potatoes that are often called yams in the supermarkets.

Whitenoise - if you are asked next year, try this: roast (or peel then steam up) a couple of pounds of sweet potatoes - preferably the orange flesh kind (called jewel yams around here, but I've already covered that misnomer). When soft (40 min-1 hour roasting at 400F (200C), 20-25 min of steam) put into a bowl with a tablespoon of butter, 1/2-3/4 cup real maple syrup, and 1/8 tsp (moderate size pinch) of chipotle pepper powder. Taste and add more syrup or hots as required. It should not be blow-your-face-off-hot, but nicely balanced between sweet and hot and smooth.

Way off topic for a scooter forum, but WTH... A slightly belated Happy Thanksgiving to all the personalities from around the world that I have come to know because of this board. If you don't have a specific holiday for giving thanks, well, you don't really need one. We have scooters and computers - we are doing all right in the grand scheme of things.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hope ya'll enjoyed your feast and your family/company! I sure the heck did :P So much food!!!!!
Ali, funny you said yams. I was in charge of making the candied yams (12 large in fact) and I was disappointed in the finished product. Live and learn. Maybe, Next time? (That is...."if" they ask me next time) :roll:
logepoge1, Southern thang :P We eat both yams and sweet potatoes up north, but I'm told yams are the sweeter of the two. I think they're right. What.....youz got no yams in Louisiana?
Darth, OhNo! That "does look" so possible! :lol: Let me guess....no turkey for you? Or is it about the stuffing? :lol:
I didn't even know there is a difference. And my college job currently is in produce so I guess that's bad
ImageImage
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

logepoge1 wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Hope ya'll enjoyed your feast and your family/company! I sure the heck did :P So much food!!!!!
I didn't even know there is a difference. And my college job currently is in produce so I guess that's bad

Cook?
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

No just have a college job at a grocery store while I'm doing my engineering studies. Have a second job in catering though but it's serving, not catering
ImageImage
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

I meant not cooking
ImageImage
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

George thanks for the recipe. Unfortunately our group doesn't like hot, even mildly hot seasoned food. We have all tried some "heat" and just can't seem to favor the flavor(s), sorry. However I'm taking note of your cooking temps and timings. Sweet potatoes? Yams? Think I'll make "white" :D mashed next holiday.
(Shhh....Still climbing stairs ~and~ :? another holiday is upon us!) :lol: