F a s t Rack

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: F a s t Rack

Post by you you »

You can't beat a nice rack
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

sendler, thanks for your input and all the pics. Nice bike! :P Is your plank (rack) made of plywood?....and how do you secure it to your PCX? Hard to tell in the photo's. Cheers.

2"yous"......No, you can't ;)
Attachments
YUM!!
YUM!!
image.jpg (402.09 KiB) Viewed 1886 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Kermit
Scootering Amphibian
Scootering Amphibian

Post by Kermit »

LOL!!!

That looks like a mighty tasty rack there, White Noise!
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

WhiteNoise wrote:sendler, thanks for your input and all the pics. Nice bike! :P Is your plank (rack) made of plywood?....and how do you secure it to your PCX? Hard to tell in the photo's.
I don't use the Plank Rack on the PCX. I wanted that to look normal as my son sometimes rides it. The rack is pictured on my CBR250R. I bent some threaded rod into hooks at the front and the rear is tie strapped to the excellent grab handles. The smaller rack is cut from a poly cutting board and the larger one is made of marine ply. When I installed it on the Ninja250 I just drilled right through the passenger seat and bolted the rack on. I would do it the same way on the PCX but you could use straps around the seat if you wanted.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

sendler2112 wrote: Of course locking hard storage is even better.
I've been occasionally kicking around the idea of finding a scrapped PCX or similar and building a similar aero frame for it, like this guy did: http://www.velomobiel.nl/allert/Recumbe ... orbike.htm

I'm already small (read that as fit, not fat) for an American at 5'10" and 155lbs, so getting ridiculously good gas mileage is reasonable. It wouldn't be too hard -- molding custom fiberglass at that scale is costly but straightforward.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

maddiedog wrote:molding custom fiberglass
Ben did this custom streamliner body in his garage using slabs of pink foam for a mold.
http://ecomodder.com/forum/380452-post120.html
Something personal happened right before the Mid Ohio competition he was getting ready for and we didn't hear much from him again.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

sendler2112 wrote:
maddiedog wrote:molding custom fiberglass
Ben did this custom streamliner body in his garage using slabs of pink foam for a mold.
http://ecomodder.com/forum/380452-post120.html
Something personal happened right before the Mid Ohio competition he was getting ready for and we didn't hear much from him again.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry....
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hey Fizzy! You are definitely covering the bases...cool. Great how-to's by the way ;)

I was wondering if you noticed on the forum(s) that there's a specific area for posting How-To's (Go to Board Index > Honda PCX > Technical Help > then Look above the words Technical Help > How-To

It just makes it easier for everyone on board to find a "how to" that much easier. We humans are so impatient (okay, I speak for myself :oops: )
I really appreciate when folks like You, take their time to share with us...making life just a wee bit easier for the rest of us. Kudo's to you Fizzy! Great job! :P
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hey Fizzy! You are definitely covering the bases...cool. Great how-to's by the way ;)

I was wondering if you noticed on the forum(s) that there's a specific area for posting How-To's (Go to Board Index > Honda PCX > Technical Help > then Look above the words Technical Help > How-To

It just makes it easier for everyone on board to find a "how to" that much easier. We humans are so impatient (okay, I speak for myself :oops: )
I really appreciate when folks like You, take their time to share with us...making life just a wee bit easier for the rest of us. Kudo's to you Fizzy! Great job! :P
Ah! I figured 'Accessories' in 'Accessories' - my bad. :D

Perhaps Admin could move the threads? :)
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011

Post by maddiedog »

Threads moved! Fizzy, thanks very much for contributing the How-Tos, they were both helpful.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

maddiedog wrote:Threads moved! Fizzy, thanks very much for contributing the How-Tos, they were both helpful.
:)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Kermit, just wondering if your opinions changed on using the fast rack, still liking it? :)
Kermit
Scootering Amphibian
Scootering Amphibian

Post by Kermit »

To be honest, I haven't used it much, but it's stayed on my bike all this time. It's still secure and tight on the back of the seat--just as snug as the day I put it on. The only drawback I see is the Velcro straps press on the foam padding on the underside of the seat, so I suspect if I did remove the rack, those areas on the foam padding are forever "crushed" and won't bounce back to their original form. There's no rust and no evidence of wear & tear on the rack at all.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Good to hear from you!
Okay! good enough. Everything is status quo ;) you're still set to go! As far as the crushing of the under seat, if no water gets in, then no biggie right? Keeper! :)
JIMJFOX
Year: 2016
Color: RED

Post by JIMJFOX »

WhiteNoise wrote:Good to hear from you!
Okay! good enough. Everything is status quo ;) you're still set to go! As far as the crushing of the under seat, if no water gets in, then no biggie right? Keeper! :)
Rhymin' Simon
"50 ways to leave your lover"

Bought by my live-in girlfriend a week before I moved out- sad and ironic!
QUOD VOLIMUS CREDIMUS LIBENTER
But not me!
glorp
Year: 2015
Color: Gray

Post by glorp »

for the ultimate product for tying stuff to you bike consider Green Chile
http://www.greenchileadv.com/
I purchased a full set and have it on my WR250. I can strap more stuff on the bike than....than....the weight watchers club could eat at a buffet counter. It is made for not using the rear rack if you dont want to