Ermax +25 Windscreen

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Ermax +25 Windscreen

Post by philvb »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hooray for Phil....Ermax in transit and just when you thought they forgot you 8) Show us your trim! :lol: (....and of course, the 25)
:lol: Will do, that is, will post some pictures of the windscreen ;)
haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Post by haildamage »

on a positive note, i have had my ermax +25 screen for a few months now and have been using it in cold weather. it is really good and i am very happy with it!
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

My Ermax +25 windscreen arrived yesterday, went to the post office and picked it up today! :) Besides the windscreen itself and the trim (the little bag to the right of the screen), they also threw in two freebies. A nice leather satchel and a reflective cover (called Aeromax Screen) to protect the instrument panel from the sun. Anyway, below are pictures. I don't know when I will actually install it, since it's quite a bit below freezing here most days.

Image Image

Image Image
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Well will ya look at that! A new screen, trim And....freebies! Dang, that's cool! Patience pays off Phil! When things warm up and hands thaw, give us a peep at how it looks :D Also curious about that sun blocker thingy, never heard of anything like that :roll:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Post by haildamage »

congrats, you are going to love it. i guess you could just install it next time it is warm enough to ride it. it is a very easy install but it is good to have a nice magnetic screwdriver for putting the screws in under the headlight.

maddies walkthrough:

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

Good fer ya!
philvb wrote: I don't know when I will actually install it, since it's quite a bit below freezing here most days.
NOW is the time to install it!

Without a windshield I can’t ride below 50 F, but with a windscreen I’ve ridden in 24 F weather. There hasn’t been occasion to ride colder than that so far, but I would if the time is right.

By the time the weather warms, you won’t need it anymore.
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

WhiteNoise wrote:Well will ya look at that! A new screen, trim And....freebies! Dang, that's cool! Patience pays off Phil! When things warm up and hands thaw, give us a peep at how it looks :D Also curious about that sun blocker thingy, never heard of anything like that :roll:
Thanks! :) After reading the installation guide, learned that the aeromax screen is actually included with the windscreen, and it not a "freebie." Anyway, to quote the installation guide:

"Since 1998, the plastics of new speedometers melt and get out of shape at 70 degrees Celsius instead of 200 degrees celcius. It's imperative to protect your speedometers when your motorbike is parked at sun or in front of a white wall. Ermax provide one dashboard protection to play between the screen and the dashboard when motorbike is parked at sun."

Never heard that the sun melting the speedometer was an issue.
Last edited by philvb on Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

Urbanian wrote:Good fer ya!
Thanks!
Urbanian wrote: NOW is the time to install it! Without a windshield I can’t ride below 50 F, but with a windscreen I’ve ridden in 24 F weather. There hasn’t been occasion to ride colder than that so far, but I would if the time is right. By the time the weather warms, you won’t need it anymore.
I was riding it with the stock screen in 16 degree weather, so that's not really the issue. I can't ride it right now because of the snow/ice pack on the roads. Until which time the temperatures get above freezing for an extended period of time and melts that muck away, I won't be able to ride.

I am also a little concerned with putting the new windscreen on in temperatures that hover a little over 0 degrees Fahrenheit. Will the cold make the screen a little brittle? I just don't want to be tightening the bolts only to crack the screen.

As far as when the weather gets better, I am hoping that the new screen will prevent the bugs from drilling me in the chest/neck, as I ride. ;)
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

haildamage wrote:congrats, you are going to love it.
Thanks!
haildamage wrote:i guess you could just install it next time it is warm enough to ride it. it is a very easy install but it is good to have a nice magnetic screwdriver for putting the screws in under the headlight. maddies walkthrough: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19
Thanks for the tip on the screwdriver and the link to Maddie's walkthrough. :)
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

Due to the heatwave we've had here the past two days (it's a blistering 46 degrees Fahrenheit today), I decided to take the plunge and install the new windscreen. First I heated the trim up with a hair dryer (obviously from my picture, it is not mine, but my wife's ;) ), and then did 4 inch sections until it was done. See picture below.

I then followed Maddie's awesome How-To (actually printed it and took it outside with me). Here are the results, with before and after pictures. I like it!

Image Image

Image Image

I purchased a Honda emblem sticker, which I will be placing on the middle of the new windscreen. I would have put it on for the pictures, but I seem to have misplaced it.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Looks good, especially with the tint

Is the sticker a Honda part. If so do you have the number?
Urbanian
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Urbanian »

Road tested that windscreen yet? :D
philvb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by philvb »

you you wrote:Looks good, especially with the tint. Is the sticker a Honda part. If so do you have the number?
Thanks! Yes, the part number is 87120-KWN-900ZA, picture of it below. I purchased it from the following seller:
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/h ... 900ZA.html

Urbanian wrote:Road tested that windscreen yet? :D
:lol: Good one! The pictures I took of the windscreen install were taken just yesterday. The below picture was taken about 10 minutes ago. Gotta love the shift in weather here in Idaho.

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

philvb wrote:
you you wrote:Looks good, especially with the tint. Is the sticker a Honda part. If so do you have the number?
Thanks! Yes, the part number is 87120-KWN-900ZA, picture of it below. I purchased it from the following seller:

Urbanian wrote:Road tested that windscreen yet? :D
:lol: Good one! The pictures I took of the windscreen install were taken just yesterday. The below picture was taken about 10 minutes ago. Gotta love the shift in weather here in Idaho.

Cheers. Appreciate it

Screen looks a bit bare without one
GiJ0e

Post by GiJ0e »

Do you think Thailand's shop will send if I order it from Malaysia?

Black Bandit wrote:Got the same one but in black and without the ERMAX logo (knock-off) this is Thailand hehehehehehe ;-)
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

Love it! May have to reconsider adding the small Givi windscreen, as their large seemed way to big for me, and the Ermax seems to fit right in between the Givi's lengths.
redwind
Communocrat
Communocrat

Post by redwind »

Hmm....i prefer the Ermax's shape compared to the too-tall Givi - though it might be perfect for those whom are taller.

But what i dislike about the Ermax 25 is that the black colour at the lower half ends abruptly where the transparent part starts. It's like some big black shard sticking out in front and doesn't complement the sleek shape of the scooter. The beautiful thing about the Ermax 12 is that the tint seems to be gradual and thus sleeker - though wind-protection wise, not too good.

I tried the Givi short (D322st) , and i get quite a lot of discernible shoulder-up wind and helmet wind noise from it - i use a Shoei Bloodflow. I'm 1.69m by the way. I'm wondering if sticking a pool noodle down the big gap between the bike and shield will help.
A 'real' bike is one with which you have to jump through hoops to get it to do what a scoot does with a twist
gohjohan

Post by gohjohan »

After reading this thread, I'm going to order one too. Was torn between Ermax, Givi and Puig. Ermax seems to have the best of both worlds for looks and function.
tenpastnine

Post by tenpastnine »

gohjohan wrote:After reading this thread, I'm going to order one too. Was torn between Ermax, Givi and Puig. Ermax seems to have the best of both worlds for looks and function.
philvb wrote: Thanks! Yes, the part number is 87120-KWN-900ZA, picture of it below. I purchased it from the following seller:
I got this sticker for mine too, but I bought it from my local honda dealer as there very friendly and normally give me a good price

Ermax is defiantly one of the best looking screens out there.
I think i got 'smoked' and I ordered from http://www.same-same.fr/
gohjohan

Post by gohjohan »

I had Paypal problems, so I couldn't order the Ermax 25+ from same-same. Reluctantly, I went to my 2nd choice, the Givi D322 ST windshield from another website. A shame though. Was hoping to install it and enjoy it