New bloke. Hello!!

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)
Color: White

Re: New bloke. Hello!!

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Mel46 wrote:Both are ideal choices. I don't think you can go wrong on either. By the way, since we don't get 'Executive' anything here except the B650, what does it look like? I would love to see some pictures of either the B200 Executive or B400 Executive. I know that the 650 has electric folding mirrors or some such, but what else is there to them? I am dying to see the B200 if they ever send one over. I know that it has been approved for import but so far I haven't heard anything else.
Links (French) with pics Mel . . .

:)

http://www.suzuki-moto.com/gamme-2013/b ... -executive

http://www.suzuki-moto.com/gamme-2013/b ... -executive

You can check ALL the variations by clicking on models - bottom right of the web page.

Enjoy! :)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Thanks! I pulled up the site in Chrome and translated it. Nice, though I don't see much difference between the Executive and the regular one in any of the cases except the 650
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Mel46 wrote:Thanks! I pulled up the site in Chrome and translated it. Nice, though I don't see much difference between the Executive and the regular one in any of the cases except the 650
I *think* the 200 'Exec' gets that little deflector at the top of the 'tinted' screen, a blue tinge in the headlight lens/'glass', that little passenger backrest thing and pearlescent paint.

The 'regular' 200s - that I've only seen pics of - have a clear/regular screen and I've only seen them in silver/grey.

I think it's a similar deal with the 400s (here in France anyway.)

Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Brief update (for anyone remotely interested) . . .

This morning, I took this Piaggio X10 for a test ride . . .

I LOVE the styling, super sexy Italian lines.

The seat is wider than a Burgman 400, so I had similar issues to those I had with the Forza, but the X10 felt easier to manouvre at slower speeds than the Forza did (for me at least.)

I'd say the Forza accelerates quicker though - and the Forza feels more 'planted' too.

The dealer offered me a new X10 ABS (in white) for 6,990 Euros on the road . . . or that black demo model (with 300 km on it) for 1,000 Euros less (big saving :))

I said I'd think about it . . .

On the way home, I stopped in at the Suzuki dealership to sit on the Burgman 400 - just to assure myself that I wasn't imagining the seat width/height difference - I wasn't, the Burger is much easier (for me) to put my feet down. A 400 Burgman 'Exec' here is just over 7,000 Euros on the road.

Anyway, as I was there, I took the Burgman 200 'Executive' out again - this time I did a couple of junctions on the A20 Autoroute (Motorway/Freeway) and around 12km on a 'N' road (same as UK 'A' road) - it was superb.

Yes, only 18.5hp compared to the X10's 33hp - but really agile/nimble and fitted me nicely - I felt a LOT more confident on it than I have on the slightly bigger scoots.

So, I bought it, the pearl white demo model - 3,700 Euros on the road - I collect it on Wednesday (once they've processed the paperwork etc.)

Just thought I'd keep you guys up to speed was all.

Happy New Year . . . safe scootering. :)
Darth Emma
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Darth Emma »

I am also getting on in years and I got my first scoot about a year ago... a 50cc Honda Ruckus. Last August I took the Motorcycle safety course and got my license. After that I felt like I wanted to move up to something bigger. So, I bought a Honda CTX700ND because the reviews said it was a good bike for new riders. It "only" weighed 525 lbs. It was a mistake. It was much too heavy for me.

I and had a lot of trouble with the weight of that bike at low speeds (although it was a blast at higher speeds!). I rode it for countless hours in parking lots trying to get comfortable with low speed maneuvering. I just couldn't get the hang of it and after a month of that I decided to try out a Forza and found it to be the perfect weight for me. I traded my CTX700ND in.

The Forza feels like it is big enough (at about 400 lbs) that I can improve my riding skills, but I never feel out of control. The main thing I would change about it is the seat. It is, as you said, too wide and I also feel like it slopes a bit forward. I wish it felt more like a saddle than a chair. I'd like to feel planted in the seat. I think it would be a lot more comfortable and give a better feeling of balance. I may have a new seat made, but I'm not sure yet.

BTW, I also kept my little Ruckus which I love because it always feels so fun and relaxing to ride. (I am modding it to a 153cc engine out of a Honda SH150i to make it a bit faster.)

Anyway, to you I say "Bravo!" for knowing how important it is to get a bike you feel good on. It is really important to have FUN when riding.

I think you made a great choice for yourself.

Happy riding to you!
Rides 2014 Honda Forza, 2012 Honda Ruckus
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Darth Emma wrote:I am also getting on in years and I got my first scoot about a year ago... a 50cc Honda Ruckus. Last August I took the Motorcycle safety course and got my license. After that I felt like I wanted to move up to something bigger. So, I bought a Honda CTX700ND because the reviews said it was a good bike for new riders. It "only" weighed 525 lbs. It was a mistake. It was much too heavy for me.

I and had a lot of trouble with the weight of that bike at low speeds (although it was a blast at higher speeds!). I rode it for countless hours in parking lots trying to get comfortable with low speed maneuvering. I just couldn't get the hang of it and after a month of that I decided to try out a Forza and found it to be the perfect weight for me. I traded my CTX700ND in.

The Forza feels like it is big enough (at about 400 lbs) that I can improve my riding skills, but I never feel out of control. The main thing I would change about it is the seat. It is, as you said, too wide and I also feel like it slopes a bit forward. I wish it felt more like a saddle than a chair. I'd like to feel planted in the seat. I think it would be a lot more comfortable and give a better feeling of balance. I may have a new seat made, but I'm not sure yet.

BTW, I also kept my little Ruckus which I love because it always feels so fun and relaxing to ride. (I am modding it to a 153cc engine out of a Honda SH150i to make it a bit faster.)

Anyway, to you I say "Bravo!" for knowing how important it is to get a bike you feel good on. It is really important to have FUN when riding.

I think you made a great choice for yourself.

Happy riding to you!
And 'Bravo' to you too. :)

Happy New Year.
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

Bought the white one but posted the pic of the black one......well, I guess that's close. :D
Yes, the styling on that one is nice. I hope after you ride it a few thousand kms you still feel comfortable and happy with it.
That just don't sound right...here in the U.S., we say things like "Another mile, another smile" or "More miles for more smiles".....
Give me a good metric saying......
Just need one more post Fizzy, and that is you sitting on the correct bike (while it is still shiny & new).
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: http://tinyurl.com/o9hqc4o
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

You bought the B200? Great!! I think you made a good choice. I have heard that the Piaggio is a shop queen. Looks aren't all that makes a good bike. If the Burgman 200 handles as well as my B400 does I think you will be riding it for a long time.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

willajabir wrote:Bought the white one but posted the pic of the black one......well, I guess that's close. :D
Yes, the styling on that one is nice. I hope after you ride it a few thousand kms you still feel comfortable and happy with it.
That just don't sound right...here in the U.S., we say things like "Another mile, another smile" or "More miles for more smiles".....
Just need one more post Fizzy, and that is you sitting on the correct bike (while it is still shiny & new).
Err . . . I think you need to read what I wrote again dude. ;)

I didn't by ANY X10 (black nor white) . . . I bought the white Burgman 200 that is pictured (with me on it) in an earlier post in this thread.

That 'close' enough for you? ;)

Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Mel46 wrote:You bought the B200? Great!! I think you made a good choice. I have heard that the Piaggio is a shop queen. Looks aren't all that makes a good bike. If the Burgman 200 handles as well as my B400 does I think you will be riding it for a long time.
Hi Mel,

I know you're interested in the B200 for your wife. My guess is she'll love it - based on her loving her PCX . . . the B200 doesn't feel that much heavier and the seating is better than the PCX (with hump) in my opinion - and of course it goes a bit quicker too. :D

I'll be sure to keep you updated once I get a few miles (kms) on it.

Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

willajabir wrote:Bought the white one but posted the pic of the black one......well, I guess that's close. :D
Willajabir . . . just to clarify . . . I now own this Burgman 200 'Executive' (ex-demo) :)

willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

Ah, yes, in my speed reading course I must have missed the comprehension part.
Yes, that is sharp. And storage deluxe under the seat. Luxury scoot.
Congrats.
Is that deflector at the top of screen stock on your model. Here in the states it is not.
**I've only gotten 10 hours sleep since Christmas Eve.**
Larry

Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

willajabir wrote:Ah, yes, in my speed reading course I must have missed the comprehension part.
Yes, that is sharp. And storage deluxe under the seat. Luxury scoot.
Congrats.
Is that deflector at the top of screen stock on your model. Here in the states it is not.
**I've only gotten 10 hours sleep since Christmas Eve.**
No worries. :)

Here (in France) they do (well, DID, I believe they've now dropped it for 2014 onwards) an 'Executive' model - that deflector, the smoke/tinted screen and the blue tinted headlight 'glass' are part of the 'Executive' trim. :)
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

You (France) has a large SilverWing and Burgman group that goes riding together and post vids on youtube. I've talked with my brother about taking holiday there to ride the Alps or some other mountain tours there. In my dreams!!!!
Larry

MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Congrats!!!!

Really glad you took a few for a spin- it gets rid of that stupid '...what if I bought that..." question, and allows you to concentrate on having fun on your new ride.

Now, the hard part is going to be finding valid reasons for getting OFF of the bike!!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I just came across this. Thought it might interest some of you.
http://libertycyclecenter.blogspot.com/ ... uzuki.html
I have also found 2 websites that are already taking orders for them. List price is $4999.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

blackcat54
Regular User
Regular User

Post by blackcat54 »

Fizzy,

Please post riding impressions of your new Burg 200. How highway capable is it cruising in the 60-80 mph range?

Thanks
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

blackcat54 wrote:Fizzy,

Please post riding impressions of your new Burg 200. How highway capable is it cruising in the 60-80 mph range?

Thanks
I will do. I don't collect it till Wednesday.

I did two Junctions on the motorway on it yesterday (in the rain as it goes) and it felt good - obviously it was still a bit 'new' and I was far from being relaxed - it wasn't my scoot at that point for a start - always a 'nervous' feeling riding 'someone else's' bike. :)

I'll update with some thoughts once I've got a few kms on it. :)
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

MichRocks wrote:Congrats!!!!

Really glad you took a few for a spin- it gets rid of that stupid '...what if I bought that..." question, and allows you to concentrate on having fun on your new ride.

Now, the hard part is going to be finding valid reasons for getting OFF of the bike!!
Thanks.

And yeah, I'm glad I 'tested' a few.

It's a shame the Forza wasn't/isn't the one for me as it's a fine scooter - I still can't believe how good (and smooth) the acceleration on it is. The X10 is drop dead gorgeous IMO - but again not quite the right 'fit'.

I should add, the Kawasaki dealer had a new J300 in - but no 'test rides' as he doesn't want to 'road register' it. Nice looking scooter - but not one I'd consider without a test ride.

Once I jumped on the little Burger again - it just felt 'right'. :)
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Mel46 wrote:I just came across this. Thought it might interest some of you.
http://libertycyclecenter.blogspot.com/ ... uzuki.html
I have also found 2 websites that are already taking orders for them. List price is $4999.
Cool! 8)

You gonna find one for the wife to test then Mel?