Windscreen - Ermax vs. Givi?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Windscreen - Ermax vs. Givi?

Post by Mel46 »

The short Ermax? I thought you had the tall Givi? We are still discussing which would be better, the Ermax +25 or the tall Givi. Oh, by the way, I found that the best cleaner for the windscreens is Novus #1. I have the whole Novus kit because of some scratches I ended up with on my windscreens. The #1 seems to not only clean the screen but also removes the swirl marks standard window cleaners seem to leave on plexiglas .
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

Quick question, will the GIVI D322S fit the 150's ?
cessna151
Regular User
Regular User

Post by cessna151 »

~Cheap_Ride~ wrote:Quick question, will the GIVI D322S fit the 150's ?
Yes... http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=857&
~Cheap_Ride~
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ~Cheap_Ride~ »

cessna151 wrote:
~Cheap_Ride~ wrote:Quick question, will the GIVI D322S fit the 150's ?
Yes... http://hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=857&

Thanks, here I have been scouring the windshield threads with no results and the answer was there all the time. :geek:
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

Mel46 wrote:The short Ermax? I thought you had the tall Givi? We are still discussing which would be better, the Ermax +25 or the tall Givi. Oh, by the way, I found that the best cleaner for the windscreens is Novus #1. I have the whole Novus kit because of some scratches I ended up with on my windscreens. The #1 seems to not only clean the screen but also removes the swirl marks standard window cleaners seem to leave on plexiglas .
The Tall givi is 41cm taller than the stock screen and the tall ermax only 25cm taller, so you get 16cm more height with the Givi. This would mean no helmet noise on the Givi but if you are short you will be looking through the windscreen which wont be good in rain etc. I chose the Ermax for looks as it keeps the wind off my chest though at 6'4" I do get helmet noise, but I can live with it and its partly my noisy Shark helmet with a visor that doesnt seal properly. You wont be looking through the windscreen with the ermax even if short.

So if you want maximum screen height eg to have no helmet noise, go for the Givi otherwise the Ermax is fine. In summer I often ride with a 3/4 open face helmet and there is no helmet noise behind the ermax with that.
illegal
Regular User
Regular User

Post by illegal »

I am currently trying to solve the same question. I wanted the Givi screen, but I found that with my height (6'1" = 185 cm) I would get a lot of helmet noise. So I am also 100 % sure to buy Ermax +25 cm. However, don't you have issues with mirrors hitting the windshield at full wheel lock? I have read, that some people had these issues with other screens.
2013 Honda PCX 125
http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/569523.html
haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Post by haildamage »

illegal wrote:I am currently trying to solve the same question. I wanted the Givi screen, but I found that with my height (6'1" = 185 cm) I would get a lot of helmet noise. So I am also 100 % sure to buy Ermax +25 cm. However, don't you have issues with mirrors hitting the windshield at full wheel lock? I have read, that some people had these issues with other screens.
no you can move the mirror to where they will just bump the screen a bit but can still get to full lock in my experience. i have had both of these screens and the Ermax +25 is much better, but i am much shorter than you.
buddy1976
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by buddy1976 »

illegal wrote:I am currently trying to solve the same question. I wanted the Givi screen, but I found that with my height (6'1" = 185 cm) I would get a lot of helmet noise. So I am also 100 % sure to buy Ermax +25 cm. However, don't you have issues with mirrors hitting the windshield at full wheel lock? I have read, that some people had these issues with other screens.
Hi illegal i cant reply to pm's yet as i have not posted enough but the answer to your question is the ermax + 25 does have a lot of turbulance behind the screen and is very noisy, i think it'll be the same for most screen to be honest due to the gap at the bottom forcing air round the back of the screens. i am around 6ft tall and even with bobbing my head down as far as i can there is still a lot of wind noise behind the screen. i dont know if anyone has blocked the gap behind the screen or if this would affect the way the scooter handles it would be interesting to find out.

Also the handlebars do touch the screen but when on lock but they can be adjusted, i have adjusted my handlebars so they only just touch the screen on full lock and they are not in an uncomferouble driving position.

Hope this helps
Honda forza 125 2019
Malossi multivar 2000 with 8.5gr rollers
Yellow malossi contra spring
Malossi delta clutch and bell
Malossi special kevlar belt
K and n air filter
Akrapovic exhaust
BC BCTX7L-FP-S LiFePO4 Battery

Honda Pcx 125 esp 2012 uk model
Malossi Multivar 10.5g rollers
Malossi White Contra Spring
Malossi yellow clutch springs
Daytona reinforced belt
ADVANCEPro Large Diameter Drive Face
ADVANCEPro PCX125 Fi High Rigidity Bearing Slider
DNA Performance air filter
Removed air box flange
Removed seat hump
Ermax+25 windshield
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi, yes we do have a member here that blocked the opening at the bottom of the screen. He used duct tape. That's right, duct tape and it works fine for him. Hopefully he'll ;) step forward to explain further.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Dustoff66
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: Red

Post by Dustoff66 »

Hello all ........ I haven't posted here for a long time. Nothing to contribute, except that I'm SICK of winter and can't wait to get back on my scoot!
NOTE: I posted this on the wrong place, I guess, so here it is again ------
I've been reading all the posts about different windshields. My Givi 322ST has been OK but since quite a few have said the Ermax +25 is better for less buffeting, i decided to order one to try. I went to redracingparts.com in Italy. They have an English site and at least for the next few days, the Ermax is $125.36 USD, shipping included. The same-same price is higher and since so many have had troubles with them I just stayed away. I'll post a pic when I get it installed.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Dustoff66 wrote:Hello all ........ I haven't posted here for a long time. Nothing to contribute, except that I'm SICK of winter and can't wait to get back on my scoot!
NOTE: I posted this on the wrong place, I guess, so here it is again ------
I've been reading all the posts about different windshields. My Givi 322ST has been OK but since quite a few have said the Ermax +25 is better for less buffeting, i decided to order one to try. I went to redracingparts.com in Italy. They have an English site and at least for the next few days, the Ermax is $125.36 USD, shipping included. The same-same price is higher and since so many have had troubles with them I just stayed away. I'll post a pic when I get it installed.

I agree. I'm cheesed of with winter and can't wait to get back onto a bike
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

In the UK we have had much more rain than usual and lots of flooding, but it's been a rather mild winter with no snow over most of the country, not too bad temps and in London no salt/grit laid down on the road - not that I've seen. We've had far worse winters than this.
arpiggies

Post by arpiggies »

Nothing wrong with the tall OEM screen if you can get it for a reasonable price. Plenty tall, keeps the wind at bay and no helmut buffeting.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

iceman wrote:In the UK we have had much more rain than usual and lots of flooding, but it's been a rather mild winter with no snow over most of the country, not too bad temps and in London no salt/grit laid down on the road - not that I've seen. We've had far worse winters than this.
London weather and north of Manchester/Scottish weather differs more than you think. Try a country B road at 6.30 in the morning in January. It can be unpleasant.