Today's Quick Pic

Pictures of your scooter, ride reports, and day trips.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Today's Quick Pic

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hey chucktuna! Looking back now and realizing that we didn't get to see the rest of your Key West photo shoot. Care to share still? We have a member heading that way soon, maybe you can tell him where to go (Oh no! That doesn't sound very good :oops: you know what I mean, right?)
Bring on the pics...warm us up! :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Ice storm here today in GA. We're out of milk and bread, might have to eat the dogs soon. Things are dire.

^ Every time there's a threat of snow, everyone freaks out and buys all the milk and bread. It's hilarious. Ironically, the canned goods you'd actually want if you were trapped for a few days always stay completely stocked... We have firewood and enough canned goods to last us at least 3 or 4 weeks, we'd run out of water before anything else. :)

Here's the driveway...
photo 1(3).JPG
photo 1(3).JPG (129.89 KiB) Viewed 1567 times
photo 2(3).JPG
photo 2(3).JPG (112.69 KiB) Viewed 1567 times
Needless to say, I'm not riding anywhere today. That's snow on top of about 1/2" of ice.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

Nice camouflage
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: http://tinyurl.com/o9hqc4o
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:? ouuu...Dave that looks mighty slippy and I see the ice on your plants. How did all electrical wiring hold up? Any power failures or lines down? Ice storms can easily cause disaster. Light a fire, ya'll stay close'n'toasty, wait for the melt. (errr...could take awhile :roll: )

I really love your scoots New seat. Are you happy with it?
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Another day in the life
Nor'easter dropped plenty of snow. It arrived overnight and continued throught out this day....to the tune of 10-12 more inches. Just piling it on around these parts. It's truly absurd now. O. V. E. R. this!
But LOOK! Wahoo!!! Rescue party showed up....about time guys! A tip goes a looong way ;)
Attachments
That snow stands as tall as me and in places, higher!
That snow stands as tall as me and in places, higher!
IMG_5420.JPG (102.96 KiB) Viewed 1555 times
chucktuna
I'm up to 12 or 13 now...
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by chucktuna »

WhiteNoise wrote:Hey chucktuna! Looking back now and realizing that we didn't get to see the rest of your Key West photo shoot. Care to share still? We have a member heading that way soon, maybe you can tell him where to go (Oh no! That doesn't sound very good :oops: you know what I mean, right?)
Oh snap, I'll get a few more pics up soon.
Its been so cold and crappy since we got back, I need a warm up too!
Too many scoots..... 12 or so I think .
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

Rest stop during a nice ride today:
Larry

chucktuna

Post by chucktuna »

chucktuna wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Hey chucktuna! Looking back now and realizing that we didn't get to see the rest of your Key West photo shoot. Care to share still? We have a member heading that way soon, maybe you can tell him where to go (Oh no! That doesn't sound very good :oops: you know what I mean, right?)
Oh snap, I'll get a few more pics up soon.
Its been so cold and crappy since we got back, I need a warm up too!
With cell phone pics these days, its more challenging to archive and sort these pics...

New Years eve on Duval street:

Another view (CNN Truck)

logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

maddiedog wrote:Heh. Mooved on. ;)

I got nothing, the PCX is mothballed until winter weather gets less insane. Yesterday was riding weather, but I had too much going on. Rain today. :/

We had a crazy snowstorm here in Atlanta last week that ground the city to a halt. Here's what my house looked like during the storm:
photo.JPG
It took 3 days before the roads were even considered to be passable. We're just ill equipped to deal with snow here in the South -- no one knows how to drive on it, it doesn't make economical sense to maintain snowplows, and most of the drivers are cocky. It was a combination that ended up making traffic in the metro area completely gridlock from Tuesday around noon until Wednesday. I ended up driving for 3 hours, sitting stopped for 2 hours, then finally parking my car and jogging 5.5 miles home. o_O
yeah we saw atlantas controversy in the news
ImageImage
chucktuna

Post by chucktuna »

Hotel room view:

Of course, the next week after I get back to work, I have to deal with this:

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ah, there ya go! Key West on New Years, wow, what fun you must have had! Great color pictures! Looks like you were near the Southern Most point. The sunsets are amazing aren't they?
I missed out on a Christmas celebration by a week or so. Mad now that I didn't stay longer to play. Next time. Did you rent a scoot while you were there? I rode one through a muddy old cemetery (I followed our leader. Shame on me, I'm not proud of this. Just sayin' :| Major Old and amazing grave headstones (some are huge with benches). Ok nuff, off that.
I see you returned to the same crap that a lot of us have been dealing with for weeks. More white stuff expected any minute today. I should have bought a better shovel, my plastic is taking a beating!
Thanks for adding the "warm" pics ;)

(Oh....it's now snowing :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

To Larry, Cool! Can you give us some background on your picture's background?
Lookie there....Some folks are still riding! ;) what's the temp? I see remnants of snow.
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

WN, we get the same weather as Atlanta, but since CNN is located in Atlanta, they get the headlines....hahaha
The photo was taken at the rest stop on I-65S entering Alabama from Tennessee. Huntsville is just east of there. Hence the rocket, for Redstone Arsenal.
It was a balmy 40 (approx) when I started out.
I was not as brave as Maddiedog, getting a photo in the actual snow. :o
Larry

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thanks for explanation. Sadly I'm lost. I see a very tall USA rocketship. Is it famous? Can you tell I'm not up on this stuff? It's "me" really. Not to worry. Thanks. Bet most everyone else gets it.
Oh well, sigh. I still like and appreciate the pic :D
Oh...agree, do not ride on snow. That's scary *%#t !!
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Oops! Meant to post my nano-ride-report here instead of the PCX pics thread. :oops: Oh well, copy-pasted it here too! :D

Me, Maddie, and my close friend Freeman went for an awesome ride today.

We had lunch/breakfast at some weird Australian place. I liked it, and Maddie definitely liked it. She's all "moar pleaze?"

Then we rode up and all around Red Top Mountain. We've been there a few times lately, but there's a lot of good places to ride up there. :D We found a campsite that had a steep trail that was barely passable to park on the beach on Lake Allatoona...

Then went home. It was beautiful today, 70 degrees and sunny.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

All 3 Great shots!! Lucky guy to be able to ride and in such good company! Maddie adorable as Always...that hoody sweatshirt kills me. Oh yes, your bike's looking happy too. Are you loving that custom seat or what? ;)
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

Maddie seems to know when to strike a pose....
Larry

nndzung

Post by nndzung »

SAPA - VIETNAM 2013

khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

I've been lazy riding my PCX lately. The other day I went on a short ride. I took a picture of these twins I have. Nothing special, just thought they are happy together.

On a newly built side road through a rubber plantation I had a rest and a smoke, then a Thai on a stepthrough passed by.

I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wow, another year has past it's
St.Patrick's Day again!
Calls for a photo, don't cha think? :D Happy Day Lads and Lassies! Now go git yer green on, why don't cha! :P

(No, this is Not the new 2014 PCX and I'm not affiliated in any way other than riding me own White!
So there!) place raspberry emoticon here :lol:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (92.68 KiB) Viewed 1319 times