2014 model ridden.....

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

hatari
Regular User
Regular User

2014 model ridden.....

Post by hatari »

Thought this would be of interest to all you guys living in countries not likely to see to 2014 model for some time....

As many of you know, i'm on my 3rd PCX - my current matt black one is circa 4 months old...

Today went to my Honda Dealers to have a test drive on the 2014 model....

Sadly forgot my camera, but the one they'd put out for me was a matt silver one....

Looking round it, the silver colour looks more like its been injected into the panels rather than painted on.......couldn't decide if i liked it or not, one thing though its different.....

the "glove box" is now colour coded and opens with a push, rather than having a handle, and inside there is a 12v socket - useful for GPS / phone charging...

The front screen is a little bigger than the old model...

the LCD lights (front and rear) look nice and modern...and the instument cluster has a clock...

from the front and the back, you can see similarities to its bigger brother the Forza....

The hump on the seat has gone and a rather clever device at the front of the seat allows the seat to remain open until you want to shut it.

Overall the differences over the "old" model are pretty suttle - as my missus summed it up with "why are you looking at this - its the same as the one you got"...

on to the ride.......to be honest felt pretty much "same same" as mine....

overall, some nice suttle improvements here and there over the old model....

if you were looking to buy new today and the new model and the old model were side by side, you'd be daft not to go for the new model, but for me, i'll hang onto what i got for the time being......
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: 2014 model ridden.....

Post by khaosaming »

Thanks for the nice review. Without pictures, though, it doesn't quite live up to expectations.
I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly.
hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hatari »

These do ya ??
Attachments
pcx5.jpg
pcx5.jpg (47.85 KiB) Viewed 3638 times
pcx4.jpg
pcx4.jpg (27.84 KiB) Viewed 3638 times
pcx3.jpg
pcx3.jpg (35.27 KiB) Viewed 3638 times
pcx2.jpg
pcx2.jpg (32.11 KiB) Viewed 3638 times
pcx1.jpg
pcx1.jpg (29.93 KiB) Viewed 3638 times
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

Those are just some random pictures that do not pertain to your text at all. Thanks for them anyway. Any content is appreciated. :D
hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hatari »

khaosaming wrote:Those are just some random pictures that do not pertain to your text at all. Thanks for them anyway. Any content is appreciated. :D
FFS !! what you want - BLOOD ?

tell you what - you go and test ride one and post some pictures of it...
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Cheers! Thanks for taking your time to post a review :P Always good to read what others think and experience. I'm liking the 2014 from what ya'll have said (in others threads too). Here's a question hatari, since you saw one up close, do you think the seat would fit a PCX 125 (2011) ?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

I have yet to catch a glimpse of the new model live here in my neck of the woods. When I do, I'll sure post something.
hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hatari »

WhiteNoise wrote:Cheers! Thanks for taking your time to post a review :P Always good to read what others think and experience. I'm liking the 2014 from what ya'll have said (in others threads too). Here's a question hatari, since you saw one up close, do you think the seat would fit a PCX 125 (2011) ?

mmm, not sure - also the way its attached at the front may be different because there is a gismo that holds the seat up, which the "old model" doesn't have.....

if it were me, i'd take my original pcx seat to a decent re-upholsterer and get him to remove the hump and recover in a suitable textured covering....

That way you'll get a proper seat base and you can "try before you buy"......

imho a lot of aftermarket seats i've tried look loke they are going to be comfortable, but in fact are far from it......and if its been posted to you and its not to your liking, you're skuppered.........
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Oh yeah, right....that gizmo seat thingy. Yeah, that may alter things. Thanks again, and yes I think having ones seat done locally has it's perks for sure. Let us know when you "give in" and sport the 2014 (should be easy If your wife thinks they look so much alike :D Ah....good luck with that!) :lol:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

The fact that the hump is gone makes me happy. :) What I really would like to see is an improvement on the headlight type. I guess they're still using the old trusty non-Halogen kind here in Thailand. That's the first thing I'll check when I get my hands on one. On my wishlist -- a bigger underseat storage space. Then again, like the OP said, there's no real need to upgrade -- not until a bigger displacement engine is in.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

hatari wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:Cheers! Thanks for taking your time to post a review :P Always good to read what others think and experience. I'm liking the 2014 from what ya'll have said (in others threads too). Here's a question hatari, since you saw one up close, do you think the seat would fit a PCX 125 (2011) ?

mmm, not sure - also the way its attached at the front may be different because there is a gismo that holds the seat up, which the "old model" doesn't have.....

if it were me, i'd take my original pcx seat to a decent re-upholsterer and get him to remove the hump and recover in a suitable textured covering....

That way you'll get a proper seat base and you can "try before you buy"......

imho a lot of aftermarket seats i've tried look loke they are going to be comfortable, but in fact are far from it......and if its been posted to you and its not to your liking, you're skuppered.........

That would be my alligator skin covered gel pad seat. Quality.
Slickvic
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Slickvic »

That's great because I like the way my 2013 looks better anyway. So I dont feel like I am missing out on anything.
Previous - 1986 Honda Elite 250, 2007 Ninja 500r, 2013 Honda PCX-150
Current - 2015 Honda CBR650F :o
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

As it's the same price and I've yet to buy, I held off a few extra months when news of the new style came out as I prefer it. Other benefits are the larger fuel tank, I thought better tyres(?), and perhaps uprated shocks? Also I read somewhere that the idke stop is better not just due to the up-rated battery (another benefit) but sensing of voltage and if getting a bit too low the idle-stop is automatically disabled.
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

hatari wrote:These do ya ??
License plates are huge and ugly there
ImageImage
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

How were the rear shocks? Were they adjustable?
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

I saw one which was parked at my condo yesterday. I like the look of it from back (Forza-ish) and I like the pics that I have seen of the instruments panel, but somehow I can't justify paying so much more for the cosmetics. And I don't think a number of my accessories will swap out. I am more likely to purchase the digital instrument panel that has been shown in this forum. It's pricy, but it sure is a whole lot less than when I would have to pay between the difference of purchasing a 2014 and what I would get for my 2010.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

Slickvic wrote:...I like the way my 2013 looks better anyway.
---------------------
That's funny, because I think so too. The original model looks better, almost classic and well thought out.
logepoge1 wrote:License plates are huge and ugly there
---------------------
The red plates are preliminary, generic (given by the shop). The real one takes a couple of months to get.
Ton1984

Post by Ton1984 »

soon we got erly spring and 2014 model arriving in uk :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

kramnala58 wrote:I saw one which was parked at my condo yesterday. I like the look of it from back (Forza-ish) and I like the pics that I have seen of the instruments panel, but somehow I can't justify paying so much more for the cosmetics. And I don't think a number of my accessories will swap out. I am more likely to purchase the digital instrument panel that has been shown in this forum. It's pricy, but it sure is a whole lot less than when I would have to pay between the difference of purchasing a 2014 and what I would get for my 2010.

I like the painted area at the front of the current bike but don't like the black plastic around the new bikes dash