Battery Question

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Lecompte
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Battery Question

Post by Lecompte »

Hello and Happy St Patrick's Day to all of you!

So the battery on my PCX 125 is dead and gone despite my charger's best efforts. I went online and found
the following: Battery Mart YTZ7S Maintenance Free Battery $45.95 with free shipping. Looks like there are
241 reviews and a large majority of them were completely satisfied scores on the delivery and the battery
itself.

Any comments plus or minus about this company/battery? Unless I hear some negative comments from this
respected group of riders, I will order later this week.

Thanks very much!!
haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Battery Question

Post by haildamage »

there are too many cheap chinese battery companies to keep up with these days. one of my friends always buys the cheapest chinese batteries he can find and it has worked out okay for him other than having some fail in a relatively short amount of time. he still comes out ahead as they are so much cheaper than name brand batteries.

i am not a tight wad, so i always buy name brand batteries myself. not a big environmentalist but the environmental impact of buying more batteries, not to mention the low or nonexistent environmental and pollution standards/enforcement that allow these chinese companies to pump out the batteries so cheaply is something to consider, IMO.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I think I remember reading on here somewhere that you could get decent suitable batteries at reasonable prices in Wal-mart?
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I bought my battery on BatteryStuff.com... it was a Scorpion. I think it was a YTX9-BS. Like I said, I THINK that is the battery I purchased. I have 2 different scooters so I am not sure of which one I got for which. I just know that the website was great and the prices were good.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Ok, I just double checked. I bought the Scorpion YTZ7S for $45. It says it replaces the YUasa with the same number . I must have ordered that there battery for a friend, since the one for my Burgman 400 is a Scorpion YT12A-BS. In any case, the batteries work great. No complaint so far. The one for my Burgman is heading toward 2 years without any problems I even used that battery to run my air compressor to top off my tires when it was time to get the bikes out of storage. Then I had to put the battery tender on overnight, but the bike started up the next day without hesitating.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers