So long Pcx , welcome forza

General Honda Forza 300 chat, questions about the Forza, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

MrSuperchicken1
Regular User
Regular User

Re: So long Pcx , welcome forza

Post by MrSuperchicken1 »

AustinPCX wrote:The extra storage under the seat is a huge bonus. I can fit my backpack, jacket and full size helmet under the seat. The PCX was a struggle to get just the helmet and jacket, backpack was a definite no go. Never interested in getting a top case, think they look a little goofy.
I test rode one at the dealership, and I could not get my helmet to fit under the seat anywhere. I guess it is larger than most...

What kind of fuel mileage are you getting?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

MrSuperchicken1 wrote:I could not get my helmet to fit under the seat anywhere.
Helmet goes in the front section facing forward and in the rear section facing the exhaust side.
Flip front jobs and ones with extra fairingy bits at the back often don't fit.
Mine's an XL full face and it fits in easily in either section.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

I have XL Vega, Hawk, Bilt, and Scorpion....All flips and all fit using the method described by gn2.
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: http://tinyurl.com/o9hqc4o
MrSuperchicken1
Regular User
Regular User

Both I and the sales person both could not get my helmet to fit under the seat. I have a full face XL APX branded. It appears to have vents that run on the top (?). So that stinks.
forzanator
Year: 2014 forza
Color: Red

Post by forzanator »

MrSuperchicken1 wrote:What kind of fuel mileage are you getting?
I bought mine January 15, 2014. I have about 1,300 kilometers on it. I am currently getting 4.1 litres per 100 kilometers, (68.89 miles per Imperial gallon), (57.36 miles per US gallon). Almost all of this mileage is city in traffic.

The gas mileage improved by .1 less litre per 100 kilometers after installing the Honda tall windscreen.
forzanator

Post by forzanator »

MrSuperchicken1
Regular User
Regular User

Well, I finally after haggling with the dealership all week got a deal that I agreed to. Will be getting the ABS version on Saturday. My payments will be about $150/ month (currently for the PCX, its $89/ mo). My insurance will only go up $4.50/mo.. I hope my fuel economy doesnt suffer a whole lot- I am only getting 70mpg on the PCX. But at least I will be able to 2-up with the wife. I was going to get the CTX700 DCT, but she said the back seat felt the same as the PCX, and the back of the Forza was more comfortable and higher so she can see straight ahead. So since it was more comfortable, and cheaper, I decided on it.
forzanator

Post by forzanator »

Congratulations. I think you will be very happy with your decision. I was happy with the purchase and am growing more happy with ever kilometer.
MrSuperchicken1
Regular User
Regular User

I got the Forza today, and a big thanks to the Forzanator for his video. I tried it at the dealership and it will fit in the rear, but due to my blue tooth attachment, will not fit in the front...but I am happy with the rear placement. I guess we tried every combination but that one...

My thoughts of the Forza- first thing is when taking off, I have to pick my feet up higher to get them on the running boards, as the PCX was lower from the seat, so my legs are in a more 90 degree angle now versus the PCX. Also, the seat may be lower than the PCX, but since the seat is wider, I still have to tip toe it like the PCX. The seat sits better with the higher back rest (hump). It is more stable rolling to a stop, whereas I dont even have to put my feet down often times- this was never a possibility with the PCX. I guess the wider tires have most to do with that. The engine brake is so good I dont even have to use my brakes with most stops at least until I get up to the line. It does seem to "growl" more and have engine vibration more than the PCX. By the time I got it home, the MPG was reading 67.2 which is very good as my PCX was getting an average of 70.
willajabir
Regular User
Regular User

Post by willajabir »

SC1,
Congrats. That's good MPG for the first time also. Mine was 57 on first (dealer) fill up.
Now, for the gas gauge (because you will ask if you haven't read it in the other posts), as soon as it hits the red, you have about 1 gallon left.
Larry
2014 NSS300E born on 12/11/13
May the Forza be with you

my Forza pics: http://tinyurl.com/o9hqc4o
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Be careful. My wife is short and has to wear boots with 3 jnch soles so that she can comfortably touch the groind when she comes to a stop. I remember the first time she dropped the bike. She hadn't gotten the boots yet. The stop sign was on a street that leaned heavily toward the right for drainage. She tried to put her foot down and couldnt reach the ground. Before she knew it she was on the ground. Prior to that she had always stopped at a stop sign and had to stand on her toes to touch the ground. That is definitely not safe. When we tried the Forza at the dealer she had the same problem so we decided to keep our pcx and just use the boots with the 3"soles.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers