2015 HONDA PCX 150

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

NCW

2015 HONDA PCX 150

Post by NCW »

Just found this today on the Honda website....

http://powersports.honda.com/2015/pcx.aspx

listed as the same price as the 2013....
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Re: 2015 HONDA PCX 150

Post by Vagabondman »

To quote the Rolling Stones..."You will be mine you will be mine you will be mine all mine!"
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

Yes. Me likey.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (206.77 KiB) Viewed 5226 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (124.19 KiB) Viewed 5226 times
NCW

Post by NCW »

Is the 2015 a hint that will be showing up late in 2014?
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

I think Honda said July. I love the new dash, power outlet, and larger tank, but only in black or white? I'm more happy with my 2013 red color instead!
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

The pcx red is cool. A lot nicer than the orangey Forza red. Too bad they don't offer the new pcx in red for those who dig red.

But I've been lusting for the white...so I'm happy.
konigralph

Post by konigralph »

Nice, looks pretty done well. especially the new gauges.
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

It looks like that actually listen too their customers and improved on PCX. Kind of wish I had waited but I do love my red PCX.
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

katschamne wrote:It looks like that actually listen too their customers and improved on PCX. Kind of wish I had waited but I do love my red PCX.
If you had waited, you wouldn't have had that extra time using your PCX. One can go broke chasing technology.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
6ftMach1Girl
Regular User
Regular User

Post by 6ftMach1Girl »

katschamne wrote:It looks like that actually listen too their customers and improved on PCX. Kind of wish I had waited but I do love my red PCX.
Ditto here. Hazard lights would be nice - was kind of bummed when I realized the 2013 didn't have them. Wonder if they'll offer an after-market kit?
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

I sometimes feel that way about apple computers....wishing I had waited for the "next" update. But then I think about how productive I've been on my computer, and the disappointment fades. You can play the waiting game forever. It's all relative anyway, I've been envious of you & others this past year who've been tooling around on your PCXs!

And I STILL have to wait! They say July, but who knows. :-)
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

6ftMach1Girl wrote:
Ditto here. Hazard lights would be nice - was kind of bummed when I realized the 2013 didn't have them. Wonder if they'll offer an after-market kit?
Hazard lights can come in handy. I'm (still) looking into getting LED strobes for mine. That's a little overkill but I volunteer as moto marshal for charity bike rides and events and need to be as visible as possible.

Will install a two-way radio as well as the strobes but have to admit all that bodywork is a little daunting.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
6ftMach1Girl
Regular User
Regular User

Post by 6ftMach1Girl »

Bash On! wrote:
6ftMach1Girl wrote:
Hazard lights can come in handy. I'm (still) looking into getting LED strobes for mine. That's a little overkill but I volunteer as moto marshal for charity bike rides and events and need to be as visible as possible.

Will install a two-way radio as well as the strobes but have to admit all that bodywork is a little daunting.
Bash - beautiful dog! Please post results when you get your strobes! I would like to do charity rides myself at some point.
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

Bash On! wrote:If you had waited, you wouldn't have had that extra time using your PCX. One can go broke chasing technology.
HAHA! If I had waited I wouldn't have broken my shoulder and busted my knee last Sunday. Most of the time that I've had the PCX it has sat in a garage or in storage. In my current situation I'll be lucky if I get to ride the scooter again by June.

Although I really like the red. I'm not a fan of white vehicles so if I had waited it would've been the black PCX for me.
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

Well Kat, perhaps if you had waited....that same woman in the car that hit you on your 2013 PCX may have hit you while you were just walking down the street and hurt you even worse! Did ya ever think of that? Hey, Ya never know. So maybe its a good thing you didn't wait for the 2014 PCX. Just sayin. :-)

The black is nice too. Its a toss up...but I dig the white. I just think it shows the lines better. Plus the whole visibility thang. A black car? Definitely. A scooter? I'd rather be seen. ;-)
ChesneyHawkes

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

Vagabondman wrote:Well Kat, perhaps if you had waited....that same woman in the car that hit you on your 2013 PCX may have hit you while you were just walking down the street and hurt you even worse! Did ya ever think of that? Hey, Ya never know. So maybe its a good thing you didn't wait for the 2014 PCX. Just sayin. :-)

The black is nice too. Its a toss up...but I dig the white. I just think it shows the lines better. Plus the whole visibility thang. A black car? Definitely. A scooter? I'd rather be seen. ;-)

My white gets dirty, really easily! Is the US white gonna be a gloss finish or matt like the Asian model. Having had the matt for a little while it seems to pick up dirt smudges more easily. And not so obvious when it's dirty.
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

Looks like the gloss white to me. But so far, the images are pretty limited. Will have to wait until July I guess. But either way, white it is for moi. Just dig it in white. ;-)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

So I wonder how many of us have thought about retrofitting the daash and front panel?? Maybe the gas tank too??
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

I would love the new dash! The larger tank would be nice, too. But I'm not touching either of them – not mechanically inclined enough. I already added a nice little analog clock, and a spare portable fuel tank which will get me another 30-40 miles past the reserve if needed.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

dustin91 wrote:I would love the new dash! The larger tank would be nice, too. But I'm not touching either of them – not mechanically inclined enough. I already added a nice little analog clock, and a spare portable fuel tank which will get me another 30-40 miles past the reserve if needed.
< one good thing about all the knowledge of the older models in terms of do-it-yourself. I'm a little worried, with no service manual, how to remove panels and adjust valves on the new model.