what colour. ?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

marley2011

what colour. ?

Post by marley2011 »

Hi everyone im just deceiding on wether to go for red or white pcx cant make mind up help, got to decide today hmmm
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: what colour. ?

Post by gn2 »

White is faster but red gets better fuel economy.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

The gloss white has a pearl hue that looks sharp. And apparenly white is more visible than other colours. It doesn't blend is as easily with the background.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

gn2 wrote:White is faster but red gets better fuel economy.
OMGosh, soo funny! :lol:
But seriously marley, the Whiteflys and the Redruns ;)
We be naughty now, just funnin' wit cha :lol:
I'm All in For White! Go White! 8)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
marley2011

Post by marley2011 »

WhiteNoise wrote:
gn2 wrote:White is faster but red gets better fuel economy.
OMGosh, soo funny! :lol:
But seriously marley, the Whiteflys and the Redruns ;)
We be naughty now, just funnin' wit cha :lol:
I'm All in For White! Go White! 8)
Thanks ive gone white you convinced me
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

White all the way
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

So red doesn't get a vote? We have 2 red ones and love them. White just sits there. Red zooooooms!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
siplumb
Regular User
Regular User

Post by siplumb »

Once you go black....
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

marley2011 wrote:Thanks ive gone white you convinced me
Glad you have seen the "white" of day!
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
ewing65

Post by ewing65 »

I have had a white PCX 125, A driver pulled out in front of me we collided and she said " I did not see you". My Bike has since been stolen and burnt. Still waiting for my insurance to get their finger out and pay me.
Thinking about getting a 2014 Pcx 125, but the local dealer has no information as he is still selling the 2013 models. but more than likely it will be Red.
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

White, best colour for an undercoat, then paint it red. ;)
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

ewing65 wrote:I have had a white PCX 125, A driver pulled out in front of me we collided and she said " I did not see you". My Bike has since been stolen and burnt. Still waiting for my insurance to get their finger out and pay me.
Thinking about getting a 2014 Pcx 125, but the local dealer has no information as he is still selling the 2013 models. but more than likely it will be Red.
They may want to shift old versions, but no reason they cannot order a new model if you want one - it's out and they are a dealer!
Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Vagabondman »

ewing65 wrote:I have had a white PCX 125, A driver pulled out in front of me we collided and she said " I did not see you". My Bike has since been stolen and burnt. Still waiting for my insurance to get their finger out and pay me.
Maybe if you had had a red one, they wouldn't have stolen it. I kid! I kid! That totally sucks dude. I feel your pain. I've had 5 really nice bicycles stolen here in NYC in the last 10 yrs. Worst feeling everytime. Feel so violated. I don't know what I'd do if someone stole my brand new PCX I plan to buy this summer.

I can see how thieves can steal a bicycle. Just clip the lock and ride it away. But how on earth do you steal a PCX? Even if they clip the lock, they can't exactly ride it away. What do they do? Pick it up and throw it in a van? Walk it away? Where was yours stolen? At work? Or at home?

I actually bring my bicycle into my office at work now. Won't be able to do that with the PCX tho. I wish a company would come out with a stun gun like device that would electrocute anyone who tried to mess with your bike. Ha. Probably would get sued...but it'd be worth it. :-)

Ever since my last bicycle was stolen, I've been tempted to just park my bike and sit in a cafe across the street...watching...waiting. First thief who tried to steal it would feel my full wrath! Lol.

Anyway...good luck with your new Red one.

Mine will be white....and I pity the fool who tries to steal it. Heh heh heh
ChesneyHawkes

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

My matt white keeps getting super dirty, and seems to stain a lot. I love the white, but not the constant need to wash it.

If there is a gloss option, I'd get that.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

Vagabondman wrote:I can see how thieves can steal a bicycle. Just clip the lock and ride it away. But how on earth do you steal a PCX? Even if they clip the lock, they can't exactly ride it away. What do they do? Pick it up and throw it in a van? Walk it away?
Do a Google search or search YouTube and you will see just how long it takes. I have seen videos of them being hot-wired and of them just been lifted into the back of a pickup truck. I think the longest has been just over 2 mins from start to finish ... including the walk by to check it out.

Remember, locks, alarms and such devices don't prevent theft, they just deter it.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Spend the extra insurance bucks and get total loss coverage. Comprehensive fire/theft coverage. Use your locks, and chains etc for peace of mind and let them act as deterrent. Let insurance pay you when the nasty deed is done. (Bas...tards!) :x
Vagabondman, wow-e-wow-wow-wow! So many bikes stolen? That totally bites! Hey ever consider moving? Good parts bad parts In New York....& everywhere. Be careful out there! But! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy,
New York......
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

NY...All the more reason.....GO WHITE so "You" can See it ;)
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Gloss white is far better. I get matt white paint on cars coming into the garage and they look crap when they are dirty. It just looks like the paints been neglected to me. It costs extra as well.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

I saw a Bentley with a matt paint job the other day.
Just looked like primer.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
ewing65

Post by ewing65 »

Vagabondman wrote:
Maybe if you had had a red one, they wouldn't have stolen it. I kid! I kid! That totally sucks dude. I feel your pain. I've had 5 really nice bicycles stolen here in NYC in the last 10 yrs. Worst feeling everytime. Feel so violated. I don't know what I'd do if someone stole my brand new PCX I plan to buy this summer.

I can see how thieves can steal a bicycle. Just clip the lock and ride it away. But how on earth do you steal a PCX? Even if they clip the lock, they can't exactly ride it away. What do they do? Pick it up and throw it in a van? Walk it away? Where was yours stolen? At work? Or at home?

I actually bring my bicycle into my office at work now. Won't be able to do that with the PCX tho. I wish a company would come out with a stun gun like device that would electrocute anyone who tried to mess with your bike. Ha. Probably would get sued...but it'd be worth it. :-)

Ever since my last bicycle was stolen, I've been tempted to just park my bike and sit in a cafe across the street...watching...waiting. First thief who tried to steal it would feel my full wrath! Lol.

Anyway...good luck with your new Red one.

Mine will be white....and I pity the fool who tries to steal it. Heh heh heh