New White PCX 150

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ChesneyHawkes

Re: New White PCX 150

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

BrAtKo wrote:chesney every cover if you mean tail bodywork panel is removable :) but on previous models, on removed panel the drilling of holes was needed. How it is on your new model is not so clear for me. Do you need only remove black plastic bolts to open the holes ? After removing how the body panel holds on its place ? Does it mean I cannot use this top case plate 08L70-KZY-910 ? Thanks. P.S. My new PCX should be available 16th april here than I prepare for.
I'll take a photo when I get to my bike on Monday. It's literally a small sheet of plastic to cover the bolt holes. I can drive around with it exposed and it wouldn't make a difference. The purpose of the plate is just to cover the holes. everything stays as is underneath. Absolutely no drilling required.

The trunk attachment looks like it would fit if the hole locations match up. No way for me to know though. I assume Honda would try to keep the distance between the four screw spaces the same to standardise things, I'll go to the Honda garage on Monday and see what they say.
ChesneyHawkes

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

BrAtKo wrote:chesney every cover if you mean tail bodywork panel is removable :) but on previous models, on removed panel the drilling of holes was needed. How it is on your new model is not so clear for me. Do you need only remove black plastic bolts to open the holes ? After removing how the body panel holds on its place ? Does it mean I cannot use this top case plate 08L70-KZY-910 ? Thanks. P.S. My new PCX should be available 16th april here than I prepare for.
As you can see in the photos. It's just a plastic cover, that can remain off and not affect the PCX.
Attachments
IMG_2945.jpg
IMG_2945.jpg (58.78 KiB) Viewed 632 times
IMG_2941.jpg
IMG_2941.jpg (44.49 KiB) Viewed 632 times
IMG_2940.jpg
IMG_2940.jpg (49.22 KiB) Viewed 632 times
IMG_2944.jpg
IMG_2944.jpg (55.31 KiB) Viewed 632 times
IMG_2942.jpg
IMG_2942.jpg (46.63 KiB) Viewed 632 times
IMG_2943.jpg
IMG_2943.jpg (69.21 KiB) Viewed 632 times
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Yup, looks like they are making it easy to install the top box. If the box you intend to get has a brake light you will probably need to removed that next piece of plastic in order to get to the wiring.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
BrAtKo
Regular User
Regular User

Post by BrAtKo »

Cool thanks to seems my trunk should fit. Do you know if Ermax windshield will fit (any shield for 2013) ?
I've already sold my PCX and swapped to NC750S DCT
ChesneyHawkes

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

kramnala58 wrote:Yup, looks like they are making it easy to install the top box. If the box you intend to get has a brake light you will probably need to removed that next piece of plastic in order to get to the wiring.
Not sure I can be bothered with a brake light system when I get a top box, the brake light on the new PCX is huge! :o
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

ChesneyHawkes wrote:
Vagabondman wrote:Am I mistaken, or is the glovebox on the left dash now white instead of black? The 2013 PCX had the black plastic glovebox...but in these pics, the dash looks all white now.
Glove box now matches the paint job. it's bigger and has a downward slope so I can fit a smartphone easily. I like the fact I can charge my phone now.

It doesn't have a handle to open it anymore, you just push the door on the top right-hand side and it opens. Not sure if I like this method as I'm worried the mechanism won't last as long as the previous one.
Hi,

I have just picked up my brand new 2014 PCX125. I find the centre console of the glove box bit wobbly. Dose your glove box is like that as well?

Saurabh
ChesneyHawkes

Post by ChesneyHawkes »

First service done at the main Honda dealer near my home. Got all my work on the previous PCX there, never a problem and super cheap. Didnt't buy the bike from them as I got a much better deal from another shop.

Cost was £2.50! I thought they missed a zero somewhere. Gave the guy a £2 tip since it was so bloody cheap.

Roll on 4k
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

£2.5o! o_O