PCX 125 30 Liter Trunk Box

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

Ole
Regular User
Regular User

Re: PCX 125 30 Liter Trunk Box

Post by Ole »

iceman wrote:Ole, I wonder what height are you and do you get any buffeting? I'm 6ft and when I get my PCX I'd like to add a rear box and screen, much like yours.
I am 5'8" no buffeting but the air flow hits me solid in the lips to nose region. If it rains I hunker down just a little. :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

iceman wrote:Ole, I wonder what height are you and do you get any buffeting? I'm 6ft and when I get my PCX I'd like to add a rear box and screen, much like yours.

I do like a good buffet

Got to have twiglets and pork pies IMO
recutibi
Year: 2014
Color: White

Post by recutibi »

Hi, Ole, I am going to follow your solution (I hope I do not need a licence agreement....). Would you give me the length of the spacer tubes and the dimentions of the alu angle piece? (Those together tell me how to prepare my own pieces not to scratch the plastic upper body part). Thx
Ole wrote:I used Sendler's idea for a home built rear rack that he posted over on ADVrider.
I used a piece of aluminum scrap angle iron I had laying around.
Drilled the holes in the rear plastic on the PCX where Honda had the little marks.
Used some stainless steel tubing for my spacers.
Ace Hardware for the metric bolts.
Attached a GIVI baseplate to my home built mount.
Loctite is your friend here. :)
I will leave the aluminum and stainless bits just like they are on color.
Am in the process of painting the white part of my GIVI E300B top case red to match the scoot.
Will leave the bottom part of the top case black.
Will post pics when I am done painting.
It was a very easy project thanks to Sendler he did the design work!

Have used the same GIVI top case on two other bikes. I sell the bikes when I tire of them but keep the top case.

GIVI makes good stuff. I beat my bikes and the GIVI stuff holds up very well.
Ole
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ole »

OK, I will give it a shot. I am a backyard/shade tree engineer. Most of the stuff I had already in my scrap pile.
The angle aluminum pieces are about 10.5 inches long. I angled them to follow the curve on the GIVI plate. The angle started as 2" by 2". I cut it down to 1"by 1.5". The 1" part goes down the 1.5" part laid flat to accept the GIVI plate. The angle aluminum is 1/8" thick.

The spacers I made out of some stainless steel tubing I had in my pile. I made 2 spacers about 40mm long and the other 2 spacers are about 35mm long.

The bolts I bought at ace hardware. 2 bolts are M8x1.25 70mm long and the other 2 are M8x 1.125 65mm long.
hope this makes sense if something don't fit just toss it out and start over
recutibi
Year: 2014
Color: White

Post by recutibi »

Perfect! The tube is available (...from a similar source like you had....) and the angle piece will be taken from one of the hardware-stores around. Screws will be found in one of my tens of boxes with such "excess material" I have for unexpected occasions like this, or if I want to build the copy of the Eiffel-tower :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Ole wrote:OK, I will give it a shot. I am a backyard/shade tree engineer. Most of the stuff I had already in my scrap pile.
The angle aluminum pieces are about 10.5 inches long. I angled them to follow the curve on the GIVI plate. The angle started as 2" by 2". I cut it down to 1"by 1.5". The 1" part goes down the 1.5" part laid flat to accept the GIVI plate. The angle aluminum is 1/8" thick.

The spacers I made out of some stainless steel tubing I had in my pile. I made 2 spacers about 40mm long and the other 2 spacers are about 35mm long.

The bolts I bought at ace hardware. 2 bolts are M8x1.25 70mm long and the other 2 are M8x 1.125 65mm long.
hope this makes sense if something don't fit just toss it out and start over

Shade tree engineer is an excellent term.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

It's like being a vehicle lustre technician.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Alibally wrote:It's like being a vehicle lustre technician.
Invisible wall engineer is the best I've heard.

(Window cleaner)