Rejecting my PCX125

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Rejecting my PCX125

Post by Saurabhdutt »

Hi,

As you all know by now that how excited I was when I picked up my brand new Honda PCX 125 on 11th April 14 and the same very day it developed few issues like:

- Glove box wouldn't close
- Center console of the glove box moves and rattles
- Whole dash squeaks
- Engine oil stains around the seal bolts

on 13th April it was recovered by AA as it wasn't safe enough to ride as per the dealer. Dealer diagonosed the issue and came back with:

- Few parts were missing inside the dashboard which are on back order
- A screw was missing inside the glove box hence it has massive movement
- Engine leak is still under investigation.

It has now been 9 days and the dealer has no idea regarding the parts delivery dates as the are on back order.

I am tired of chasing moreover I shouldn't be doing all this for a brand new scooter. I understand the warranty is there however this shouldn't be hapenning with this new scooter.

Dealer did say that it will be good to talk to Honda and see what they think about it. If the parts are going to take this long then they might consider giving you a new scooter.

Any suggestions regarding the issue and rejecting the scooter.

Thanks
Saurabh
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: Rejecting my PCX125

Post by WhiteNoise »

If they offer you a full replacement, kiss the present one goodbye and jump on the new one mate! Your happiness awaits you. Why waste time and possibly risk your life? Step away. My opinion ;)
Good Luck!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

Just spoke to Honda customer relations team in Slough, West London.

Honda - Sir, you bought the scooter from the dealer and there is a contract between you and the dealer hence we can't do anything about it.

Me - But the parts are on back order and could be months before I get it.

Honda - Even if it takes year before you get it we can't do anything.

Me - Its not fit for purpose.

Honda - You can have your lawyer talk to us and there is nothing we can do about it.

Honda - Hung Up

So here is the summary of a my worse customer service experience ever.

Saurabh
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Saurabhdutt wrote:Just spoke to Honda customer relations team in Slough, West London.
Honda - Sir, you bought the scooter from the dealer and there is a contract between you and the dealer hence we can't do anything about it.
Me - But the parts are on back order and could be months before I get it.
Honda - Even if it takes year before you get it we can't do anything.
Me - Its not fit for purpose.
Honda - You can have your lawyer talk to us and there is nothing we can do about it.
Honda - Hung Up
So here is the summary of a my worse customer service experience ever.
Saurabh
That's disgusting! The sale of goods act lasts up to six years, and if anything develops that is 'unfit' for purpose you have a case (most people do not pursue it, but it's your rights). Being a new scooter sold in unfit condition, not just a leak but parts missing!, I would contact citizens advice about this. Honda's customer relations are abysmal in this case.
illegal
Regular User
Regular User

Post by illegal »

You should look into commercial/warranty related law. Here in Slovakia, the seller has 30 days to resolve issue reported in warranty. If he fails to resolve it, he has to pay you back the full price of item you bought.
And it goes further: If you report the same issue 3 times, you can ask for a refund.
If you report 4 different issues, you can ask for a refund.
I am pretty sure you should have similar laws in UK. It is nonsense to wait more than a month for parts if your bike is under warranty.
2013 Honda PCX 125
http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/569523.html
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

How did it pass Honda and the dealers inspection! (worthiness to be on the road) with loose bits and missing bits!
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

I have no idea how it went through PDI. Honda customer service is pathetic. Just hope you dont have to talk to them ever. Dealer cant do anything yet. They have no idea where the parts are even though they have put them as CCO (Crucial Customer Order).

I dont know when am I going to get my scooter now.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Unbelievable!! Sorry that you are experiencing this. It must be incredibly frustrating.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

If the parts are on back order and there is no idea when they are going to be in then there must be a way of escalating the complaint with Honda U.K.
The other option would be to ask for a replacement or refund under the sale of goods act as the bike is unfit for purpose. You could ask for a loan bike of the dealer whilst yours if off the road until it's correctly repaired. I think I would be wanting another bike though as who's to say it might not cause you problems in the future.
beegmouse
Regular User
Regular User

Post by beegmouse »

I have to say, Honda are right.

They don't owe you anything.

They sell the bike to the dealer, the dealer sell it to you.

You need to demand your money back/service/replacement/compensation from the dealer. They can demand it from Honda.

You can legally throw it back at the dealer and get your money back. They can do the same to Honda.

All Honda are obliged to do is fulfill a warranty claim, which they are doing, (albeit badly)
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

I'm sorry with all the problems you are having with your new scooter. Believe me I have had a bad experience with them as well. Mine was a belt that went bad with less then 400 miles. It was said they would replace the belt out of courtesy. Um that's what the warranty is for in my opinion. I had a talk with the dealer and then I did call Honda up as well and I got the same response. The people on the Honda Shadow Forum has also complained about the decline in customer satisfaction with their customer service. My husband was looking at buying a $20,000 FA6B Goldwing to replace his Honda Shadow and because of the problems I had with my scooter he ended buying a Kawasaki Vulcan Vasquero instead.

I wish you the best of luck. I would diffidently look into lemon laws and such.
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

I am very disappointed at the moment. When you buy something from your hard cash you want it to work properly. At the moment we dont even know where we are heading. Its just a wait game now.
chucktuna
I'm up to 12 or 13 now...
I'm up to 12 or 13 now...
Year: 2013

Post by chucktuna »

Very disappointing to hear of your issue.
I would keep going up the chain of command at the dealer and factory level.
No idea how UK laws are different than USA, but one law is universal... The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Talk to the service manager, the general manager, the dealer/owner of the dealership... on a daily basis if need be

The factory level will be a bit more difficult,
but the phone conversation you posted is atrocious and is cause alone to take it to the next level.
Too many scoots..... 12 or so I think .
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Isnt there a legal way to get action without costing you attorney's fees? There is someone here in each state government that handles complaints about goods and services. See if you can find out who enforces the unfit products there. Then go after both Honda and the dealer. Someone should be able to force their hand on this matter. If all else fails you couldstart a blog about the crappy way Honda is handling this matter. If that still doesn't get their attention I bet giving the dealer a bad review will. The dealer is going to be the one holding thr bag in the end, and no one wants a bad review. It is bad for business.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

In the UK there is a government run organisation called Trading Standards who are the people to speak to regarding this dispute.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

Had a word with the sales manager (owner). If said its going to be difficult to accept the rejection at this point. He came up with a solution though, he is ready to take the scooter back and give me a brand new un registered scooter however I will have to put £300 towards it. OR wait for the part to come and go with the repair.

What do you guys think about it?

Saurabh
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019

Post by Alibally »

So the dealer is basically wanting you to pay £300 more for another bike to replace the defective one. Speak to trading standards about it. I would be wanting a full refund and go and get one from another dealer. Seems like barefaced cheek to me.
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

Alibally wrote:So the dealer is basically wanting you to pay £300 more for another bike to replace the defective one. Speak to trading standards about it. I would be wanting a full refund and go and get one from another dealer. Seems like barefaced cheek to me.

Yes you are right, he said you can wait and have this one fixed.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Saurabhdutt wrote:
Alibally wrote:So the dealer is basically wanting you to pay £300 more for another bike to replace the defective one. Speak to trading standards about it. I would be wanting a full refund and go and get one from another dealer. Seems like barefaced cheek to me.
Hmm, this sounds more and more dodgy - Saurabh, didn't you get £300 off in the first place (can't remember who said they were given that offer on the new style PCX). Seeing how much was wrong with this PCX from the start. If it was you that got the money off, then I would pay the £300 and be shot of this pile-o-crap and get a new hopefully good bike. Loss of the scoot and traveling expenses over a month would eat into £100, but it may cost you a bit to change details with the insurance company.
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

iceman wrote:
Saurabhdutt wrote:
Hmm, this sounds more and more dodgy - Saurabh, didn't you get £300 off in the first place (can't remember who said they were given that offer on the new style PCX). Seeing how much was wrong with this PCX from the start. If it was you that got the money off, then I would pay the £300 and be shot of this pile-o-crap and get a new hopefully good bike. Loss of the scoot and traveling expenses over a month would eat into £100, but it may cost you a bit to change details with the insurance company.

Yes it was me who got £300 discount in the start. The dealer still says that he can fix it but it will take long however he will have to take the whole front panel off to fix it and oil leak has still not been sorted.
I am just trying to weigh up the pros and cons. As per my maths i would pay £300 and think as if never got any discount and dont look back.