Know of Any TRUST worthy Honda dealerships?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Vagabondman
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Know of Any TRUST worthy Honda dealerships?

Post by Vagabondman »

Thanks for sharing your story yttikeiram. I think we've all experienced the pushy sales type. Vehicle & Gym Membership salespeople tend to be the WORST. I worked in Gym sales for awhile, and refused to play along with the hard sell approach. Treating people like numbers and looking str8 thru them just to make the sale on the spot. Often lying to do so. I could never do that. I would take my time with clients. Really listen to them. Never minding if they left without buying. Management always preached the hard sell...and were frustrated by my approach, but the funny thing is, I always had the most memberships sold at the end of the month. Heh heh heh.

Anyway...I'm 6'4" tall and 220lbs...so I'm not worried about being intimidated by some punk ass, sweaty browed salesman. But I am prepared for the hard sell types. Like you say, walking away is always the most effective way to get those kind of salespeople to change their tune.

I just have to wait until the end of July for the new PCX! Argh.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Vagabondman wrote:Thanks for sharing your story yttikeiram. I think we've all experienced the pushy sales type. Vehicle & Gym Membership salespeople tend to be the WORST. I worked in Gym sales for awhile, and refused to play along with the hard sell approach. Treating people like numbers and looking str8 thru them just to make the sale on the spot. Often lying to do so. I could never do that. I would take my time with clients. Really listen to them. Never minding if they left without buying. Management always preached the hard sell...and were frustrated by my approach, but the funny thing is, I always had the most memberships sold at the end of the month. Heh heh heh.

Anyway...I'm 6'4" tall and 220lbs...so I'm not worried about being intimidated by some punk ass, sweaty browed salesman. But I am prepared for the hard sell types. Like you say, walking away is always the most effective way to get those kind of salespeople to change their tune.

I just have to wait until the end of July for the new PCX! Argh.
Which July?
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

you you wrote:Which July?
You're bad ... but when you're bad, you're good ... really good. ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Vagabondman wrote: ...Inventory is so limited in these places... It'd be so nice to be able to compare fits all in ONE place and ONE visit. It's exhausting running around!
Unless, of course, you are on a scooter! :lol: I am in the midst of a killer upgrade of an old (unused) 1GHz PC so I can edit videos, and have had found the required part replacements in different towns. Now that the weather is clearing, I am now constantly running around on my scoot, driving my butt off trying to get the system up and running. Don't tell me to buy online...This is a blast!! :D

(don't tell my wife, but I am searching for a "special" CPU fan in Ohio ;) )
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Vagabondman, "what up man?" Any good finds/info?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

I know what you mean about crappy dealerships. There are two in the area around me that we won't go back too. One that sells about everything is very pushy and only wants to sell you what they want. We've been there a couple times and ended up walking out. The one that I bought my PCX I should have walked out and not bought anything from them. They were too interested in getting my husband to buy a motorcycle instead of making the PCX sale. I had to ask them all the questions. Then the service department after I had a problem was something else. Needless to say they lost a $20,000 motorcycle sale when my husband was ready to buy.

We have found a new dealership and we have had great service not only buying a new motorcycle for my husband but repair work on my scooter after my accident. So if anyone is on the Chicagoland area and need a bike or scooter check out BBK Motorsport in Elgin, IL.