Rejecting my PCX125

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

pcx man
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Rejecting my PCX125

Post by pcx man »

I worked at 3 different Ford dealers a total of 25 years. Each dealer to help keep a new car customer happy was willing to remove parts needed from a unsold car to get them back on the road. Maybe they would do that for you.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Sounds like you got the 300 off for a reason. If you can swing it, just cut your ties to the possibly defective scoot and get the brand new one. If you are having this much trouble out of the gate, I can't imagine that things will magically flip down the road. How much is the aggravation worth?
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Saurabhdutt wrote:Had a word with the sales manager (owner). If said its going to be difficult to accept the rejection at this point. He came up with a solution though, he is ready to take the scooter back and give me a brand new un registered scooter however I will have to put £300 towards it. OR wait for the part to come and go with the repair.

What do you guys think about it?

Saurabh

You cant really reject a vehicle for a dodgy glove box and the suspicion of an oil leak

Some you win, some you lose. Get them to check the possible oil leak out and get the bike back and use it
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

It also had parts missing from the dash hence the dash was loose, and it's getting on for 2 weeks and they still have no idea about an oil leak on a new vehicle! (same engine as 2013 model, they should be able to pull it apart and rebuild if needed, they are a Honda dealer who service PCX's) How could it pass any checks leaving the factory and again in the dealer and have a loose dash and several bits missing!!). It was not fit for purpose - simple as that - take the offer of a new replacement while you can.
chucktuna
I'm up to 12 or 13 now...
I'm up to 12 or 13 now...
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by chucktuna »

Saurabhdutt wrote:Had a word with the sales manager (owner). If said its going to be difficult to accept the rejection at this point. He came up with a solution though, he is ready to take the scooter back and give me a brand new un registered scooter however I will have to put £300 towards it. OR wait for the part to come and go with the repair.

What do you guys think about it?

Saurabh
I'd take that deal and get back on 2 wheels.
It does suck that its going to cost you anything, but it sounds like they are tying to get it resolved.
They will probably lose more than $300 when they have to resell yours.

Being in the retail auto business myself, I do see where they are coming from.

Good luck
Too many scoots..... 12 or so I think .
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

By the way, I believe that I read somewhere on this forum that Honda was considering having the PCX assembled in Italy. I wonder if that is what has happened. If so, it will take them quite a while before their quality is up to their normal standard.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:By the way, I believe that I read somewhere on this forum that Honda was considering having the PCX assembled in Italy. I wonder if that is what has happened. If so, it will take them quite a while before their quality is up to their normal standard.

Bit unfair on the Italians. They will all be built to the same standards
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

chucktuna wrote:
Saurabhdutt wrote:Had a word with the sales manager (owner). If said its going to be difficult to accept the rejection at this point. He came up with a solution though, he is ready to take the scooter back and give me a brand new un registered scooter however I will have to put £300 towards it. OR wait for the part to come and go with the repair.What do you guys think about it?
Saurabh
I'd take that deal and get back on 2 wheels.
It does suck that its going to cost you anything, but it sounds like they are tying to get it resolved.
They will probably lose more than $300 when they have to resell yours.
Being in the retail auto business myself, I do see where they are coming from.
Good luck
Yeah, for one it's already registered so will be 2nd owner, and I bet they offer £300 off when it's resold :)
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Saurabhdutt wrote:I am just trying to weigh up the pros and cons. As per my maths i would pay £300 and think as if never got any discount and dont look back.
It looks like he has you between a rock and a hard place. Because you got the £300 discount in the first place, you might want to cut your losses and go for the new one, and as you say, "think as if you never got any discount and don't look back."

Not that this is exactly what happened, but it is as if your PCX was assembled in the factory by someone who had a little too much to drink the night before, even though no one person assembles a whole machine in a factory. Nonetheless, your PCX seems like a a lemon. If it was me, I would pay the £300 and be done with it.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I only mentioned the Italian possibility because the plant in Thailand has been putting out a high standard scooter for a long time, and their quality has been good enough to put the Honda logo on what comes out of the factory with pride. Either their quality has gone to Hell in a handbasket, or the new scooter is being assembled elsewhere.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Mel46 wrote:I only mentioned the Italian possibility because the plant in Thailand has been putting out a high standard scooter for a long time, and their quality has been good enough to put the Honda logo on what comes out of the factory with pride. Either their quality has gone to Hell in a handbasket, or the new scooter is being assembled elsewhere.
Or it could be an isolated incident that we are only hearing one side of the story from and then extrapolating hugely.
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Of the three or so people on this forum posting they bought the new 2014 model sometime in April, at least two had major problems straight off - the problems we know in this thread, and someone else who had a rear wheel seize at 50km/h and some very fast strip, repair and hand back action from the dealer. I believe it was not mentioned what they found was wrong, but two bad issues out of three new scooters from a select group . . .

Perhaps two bad ones out of 1000's, but it was not a good percentage to have so many major problems in the first 1-2 days.
Monteme0

Post by Monteme0 »

Ask yourself this: Would you have bought the scooter in the first place if you were not offered the £300 off? If the answer to this is no then why would you agree to pay the extra £300 for a replacement? As a few others have said, I would be going to trading standards about this.

Honda quality seems to have gone down the pan; anyone heard about the corrosion problems with the CBF 125 and Honda refusing to honor the warranty? And no, thats not an isolated incident.
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

Thanks guys for the help and suggestions. I now have picked up the brand new PCX and so far all seems well.

Cheers
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by iceman »

Saurabhdutt wrote:Thanks guys for the help and suggestions. I now have picked up the brand new PCX and so far all seems well.
Cheers
Great news! Good decision. Did you hear back on the oil leak of the old 'wreck' or are they still pondering what to do?
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

iceman wrote:
Saurabhdutt wrote:Thanks guys for the help and suggestions. I now have picked up the brand new PCX and so far all seems well.
Cheers
Great news! Good decision. Did you hear back on the oil leak of the old 'wreck' or are they still pondering what to do?
I saw the old scooter front naked in the warehouse with engine side opened.

One more thing I realised with the new one. Its really smooth when you pick up slowly however the old one used to vibrate a lot when you put a slow gas on. I think what ever happened is for good.

I am happy so far.

Saurabh
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Glad to hear that you finally got straightened away. I think you made the best choice to be done with the lemon.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Saurabhdutt
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Saurabhdutt »

kramnala58 wrote:Glad to hear that you finally got straightened away. I think you made the best choice to be done with the lemon.
Cheers fella.... ;) ;)