Purchased second hand 125!!!

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Hondax2

Purchased second hand 125!!!

Post by Hondax2 »

2012 Model, only 178 miles on the clock, some old guy owned it and it was a little big for him so he decided to give it in after struggling on with it.

Bike is in MINT condition and payed £1350, so i think i got a very good price considering its pretty much a brand new bike.

One problem i have is that when i put the reg in to insure it the bike is coming up as a "Honda Vt 125 shadow, 1998 onwards"

But the V5 states it is a "WW 125 EX2-C" which is a pcx.

Seems odd! Nothing is dodgy as the V5 is correct, but for some reason the insurance quote sites think my bike is completely different.

Anyway here she is!

Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Re: Purchased second hand 125!!!

Post by Alibally »

That happened with me when I put the regular number in when I insured with Bennets.
I think it came up an s-wing or something.
Hondax2

Post by Hondax2 »

seems rather odd!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

My PCX also came up as an S-wing, the way round it is to select the make and model manually.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Hmmm, it looks just like our PCX 150s here in the United States. Nice color. Of course, it is also a nice bike so the color suits it. Hope you have more fun with it than the previous owner obviously didn't have. :-) It is a fun bike, not meant for sitting in a garage collecting dust.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
potnoodle

Post by potnoodle »

That's a really good price. Most of the ones I see we're over £2000 with that sort of mileage.
oldbiker
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2012 non esp
Color: Black is cooler

Post by oldbiker »

Mine was 1950 GBP from a dealer with 251 on clock two weeks ago. So sweet deal I had the same problem came up s wing changed manually no problems. Just been for a ride excellent runner enjoy once you get it.
Andreus84

Post by Andreus84 »

I'm glad i'm not alone on this insurance thing.

Mine also is called a VT125 Shadow.

I'm Currently in process of finding a solution to this issue - i'll let you know if i find one!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Glad to have you onboard Andreus84 and congrats on the scoot! :P sorry, I know nothing about your insurance system but I've had similar vehicle misnamings in the States. Happened when I first got my truck (Hmm :roll: ) I kept trying to get them to correct it but "no go." Guess it doesn't matter to them what-they-call-it as long as you hand over the green and you get insured. Bah!
Few years later, & by magic my truck model read correctly on my insurance papers. Go figure!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
nigelpcx
Year: 2015
Color: red

Post by nigelpcx »

We'll lets talk about bargains then. My 2015 pcx 125 was bought from a man who's wife fancied taking up riding. Whilst she waited for her cbt training he put 400 miles on the clock. She does her cbt and gets on scooter.rolls out of drive and clips a bumper and falls off. So now she is scared and hates it. As he has big bikes it's no good to him. So I come along after seeing it advertised on gum tree and go take a look. Cracked front mud guard and a couple of light marks on side. No other damage. Turns out we have a mutual job and do business with same shops. I ride away with a 2015 in beautiful red. For the sum of. £1200. Remembering he bought this brand new 2 weeks previous That's a bargain I think
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

nigelpcx wrote:We'll lets talk about bargains then. My 2015 pcx 125 was bought from a man who's wife fancied taking up riding. Whilst she waited for her cbt training he put 400 miles on the clock. She does her cbt and gets on scooter.rolls out of drive and clips a bumper and falls off. So now she is scared and hates it. As he has big bikes it's no good to him. So I come along after seeing it advertised on gum tree and go take a look. Cracked front mud guard and a couple of light marks on side. No other damage. Turns out we have a mutual job and do business with same shops. I ride away with a 2015 in beautiful red. For the sum of. £1200. Remembering he bought this brand new 2 weeks previous That's a bargain I think
That is a bargain.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Cheers to that ;) (tipping one of me many bottle of brews found. A Halloween gift from the Gods) :D Bless
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
TrishPK
Year: 2013
Color: Candy Red

Post by TrishPK »

Great find! Hope you have a lot of fun with it!! happy riding :)
TrishPK in OK
- '13 PCX 150 (first ride!)
potnoodle

Post by potnoodle »

thats really really cheap.