What does it take to total?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Re: What does it take to total?

Post by Mgalutia88 »

I don't have medical on my bike. That's what my health insurance is for. It costs me $15 a month for full coverage on the bike with a $500 deductible. I figure if I had it lower id just make a claim that would hurt me more in the long run. If I can fix it for under $500 it's worth my time.
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

I pay $45 a month for full coverage with $250 deductible. Health insurance has $2500 deductible.
ImageImage
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

And to make matters worse, while transporting the scooter my transmission shift cable link broke so now I cant shift out of part and my trailblazer is stuck in the middle of the street
ImageImage
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Those gravel 'marbles' are the worst. They are low on the radar, and often too hard to see before it's too late. Yesterday on my way to work I was traveling 55mph on a back-road, coming up to a turn I normally take at 40mph, but something was wrong. About 50 yards from the turn, it seemed that the pavement was lighter gray than usual, and I hit the brakes hard. I barely had time to slow in the straight to 10mph when I realized there was a new film of pea-gravel and tar across the entire intersection. When I came into the turn, 10mph was too fast; the front end was all over the map. With both feet on the ground, I was barely able to make the turn at 5mph, and my sneakers ended up covered in tar and nasty bits when I finally exited the turn. This type of obstacle appears much much too often with no warning, and was the cause of the only time I have ever low-sided a big bike. Don't feel bad for the fall; it happens. Just add that to your street riding inventory, and when you put on some new side covers, add a decal of an OFF! Maybe a notch! Just heal up and know that you have a family here that is wishing you a speedy recovery, and wanting you back on two with a big 'healed' smile real soon.
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

The shift problem was a $3 part on car but that thing is a pos. I have been having to fix from the start so selling the trailblazer. Getting a mazda 3s most likely
ImageImage
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

Sounds like you are hitting a rough patch no matter what vehicle you have. I'm glad that my full coverage insurance on the scooter is $144 a year with a $100 deductible, although it only covers up to $1000 medical. A $1000 didn't even cover my emergency bill. My ambulance ride alone was $515. My insurance covered the rest right now until I get the settlement from the other person.
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

No other person in this and they are trying to say we didn't get medical even though we did. My premium is $500 a year with $188 deductible. Looks like we may have to sue the city for the medical payments
ImageImage
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

katschamne wrote:Sounds like you are hitting a rough patch no matter what vehicle you have. I'm glad that my full coverage insurance on the scooter is $144 a year with a $100 deductible, although it only covers up to $1000 medical. A $1000 didn't even cover my emergency bill. My ambulance ride alone was $515. My insurance covered the rest right now until I get the settlement from the other person.
Comments like that make me appreciate the NHS...
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Logepoge, your insurance card or insurance policy paperwork should say. If no. I'd be looking for anew insurance company too.
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

Mgalutia88 wrote:Logepoge, your insurance card or insurance policy paperwork should say. If no. I'd be looking for anew insurance company too.
Yeah well see how progressive treats us. We told a lot of friends about that who looked at their policy and cancelled because of that crap. The main park I'm feeling is mouth sore from biting my lip real bad. Can't eat anything I want to cause anything burns
ImageImage
chucktuna
I'm up to 12 or 13 now...
I'm up to 12 or 13 now...
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Post by chucktuna »

Wow.
You are very lucky to be up and walking around with minimal personal damage.

As far as the bike is concerned it is totaled.
No doubt in my mind, that your insurance Co will want to total that bike.

While The PCX has some of the cheapest plastics to replace,
by the time you add up all those bits, plus the retail labor to R&R them, you're well into the $1000's

Plus any of the unknowns of tweaked suspension, frame, steering, electrics. Insurance will want to cash out and be done with it.
Too many scoots..... 12 or so I think .
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

Anyone know how much it normally costs to buy back a totaled bike then? I figured I can get the money from insurance and then sell the parts that are fine to the right party
ImageImage
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

Didn't total it but decent check. If there is anyone that would want this bike I will sell it for the right price. Either you come pick up or I can meet at a decent location
ImageImage
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

So how much did they say that it will coast to fix the scooter? Was the frame bent? Like I said, my parts only cost $250 and $461 in labor. It you are handy you can fix the scooter yourself and pocket the labor fee yourself.
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

They gave me $1300 check for the parts and labor and a $360 check for helmet and windshield. Cheap in parts to fix just wanna get rid of the scooter
ImageImage