My Husband and I both got the PCX 150

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

CaptnJim
Regular User
Regular User

Re: My Husband and I both got the PCX 150

Post by CaptnJim »

From our ride yesterday...

We put the scoots on the ferry to the mainland, enjoying the roads along the bay (in Washington State currently).

From two days ago...

His and Hers PCXes make for some great riding! (We've been riding motorcycles for over 40 years - really enjoying the scooters!)

Jim
His & Hers Honda PCX 150s
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 150cc
Color: Black PCX

Post by Steph »

Jim,

Looks like a blast! Cool pics too!
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)
Color: White

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Steph wrote:When I go to the brewery tomorrow I might have to have a Belgian instead of my Stout. I get a feeling of comradeship when the motorcyclists wave at us as we pass. Been enjoying the scoots. Lots of fun. Funny thing is I have a motorcycle endorsement on my driver’s license and don’t know a thing about motorcycles! But, that what is required to ride a scooter over 50cc where I live.
Ben and Frizzy, what are you average cruising speeds? I would like to know. I’m with Scootering Amphibian, 55 mph is a little weird for me too!
Mine's only a 125cc . . . I tend to stick around 50mph . . . it seems happy there. :)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

CaptnJim where are you guys located? We have kids and grandkids in Mukilteo, Washington. We have been thinking seriously about moving out to Washington, preferably Widbey Island. Of course, like everyone else, money is the issue. Right now we fly out to see them when we can.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
CaptnJim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by CaptnJim »

Mel46 wrote:CaptnJim where are you guys located? We have kids and grandkids in Mukilteo, Washington. We have been thinking seriously about moving out to Washington, preferably Widbey Island. Of course, like everyone else, money is the issue. Right now we fly out to see them when we can.
Hi Mel. We are spending the summer in Friday Harbor (San Juan Island), living on our boat. Our home is in Texas, but my wife enjoys what she calls, "fun summer jobs." I drive a couple different whale watch boats, she works the front counter (filling boat seats). The work is interesting (never the same trip twice), but since we retired 8 years ago, I do have this little aversion to being on someone else's schedule. Kidding aside, it's a great job.

Whidbey Island is a beautiful area - a relatively short trip to the San Juan Islands (where we are this summer). I also understand the desire to want to be close to your kids (no grandkids for us) - we spend a couple months each year (in our RV) near our daughter and son-in-law. If they ever had kids (not gonna happen), I have no doubt we'd be moving to Phoenix.

My wife hooked me again this year, by suggesting we bring the scoots to the San Juans... a great suggestion, by the way! 8)

Best wishes,
Jim
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

katschamne wrote: I agree I wish that there were more scooter riders in the area. It sounds like other then the States, they are more popular. Here sometimes they are looked down upon by other motorcyclist. One guy on my husband's forum was dumbfounded that a someone on a scooter waved at him. My husband said to wave back. Really!?!
I wish there were more riders in West Michigan, too. I guess it is because other riders are not used to my scoots looks yet, that I get waves- and wave back a lot. But the funniest is when a Harley rider starts to wave, sees that I am on a scoot, then pulls his hand back real quick. :o I always break out laughing!! :lol:
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

I've had Harley riders wave, but, Mainly crotch rocket riders wave to us.
CaptnJim
Regular User
Regular User

Post by CaptnJim »

I think we've all had the "pull back"... when another rider coming at you starts to wave... then realizes you're on a scooter, and pulls the wave back! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Captain Jim
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

In Florida most Harley riders won't even acknowledge you going by. Then there's "the pullback" like Jim said. I smile pretty wide inside my FF helmet when that happens, because I imagine them being embarrassed :oops: I almost fooled them :lol: Then there are those that turn their head & keep looking at you as you pass them. They don't know what the hell they just saw :roll: 8)

In NY, they look at you and keep on riding. I think there are a lot of new riders here and they're afraid to nod, wave, or turn their heads. That's okay by me, I get that. Safety reasons :) Traffic is busy here, I usually nod. If they don't respond? So what!
Because I'm "Happy"

When I see another scooterist I want to turn around and follow but I'd never catch up. We usually toot at each other. I too want to see More Scooters on our roads. In my next life?? SURE :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

WhiteNoise wrote:...They don't know what the hell they just saw :roll: 8)
...was...was that a MOPED???... o_O
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:lol: Yeah! Sorta Like "that," Mich! Or,.....was that some kinda weird-o sport bike?
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

Since riders on crotch rockets wave at us, they must think weird o sport bike. Got two waves today on our ride. Then a pack of riders on Harleys blew past with out a single wave. Rude bastards!
Ben Lee
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (model 13)
Color: Caucasian

Post by Ben Lee »

Steph wrote:Ben and Frizzy, what are you average cruising speeds? I would like to know. I’m with Scootering Amphibian, 55 mph is a little weird for me too!
Cruizing in between 40 and 55 MPH,
With my wife on the duo closer tot 45 ... me alone in the saddle 50 to 55... depending on the wind and traffic.
Steph wrote:When I go to the brewery tomorrow I might have to have a Belgian instead of my Stout.
Guess you mean a Belgian beer.... not a Belgian (guy)
Schol!

Ben.
A Belgian beer please, I don't like water, that's the shit that rusts my PCX!
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

Ben, You are too funny! When I got to the brewery, I couldn't resist the Imperial Cream Brulee Java Stout. I'm a fool for that beer!
Ben Lee
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 (model 13)
Color: Caucasian

Post by Ben Lee »

Steph wrote:Ben, You are too funny! When I got to the brewery, I couldn't resist the Imperial Cream Brulee Java Stout. I'm a fool for that beer!
When you find it ... try a Belgian Mc Chouffe... normally available in the states...

Jim will like a Duvel... (should also be available in US) he might wanna take a cab home afterwards...

Ben...
A Belgian beer please, I don't like water, that's the shit that rusts my PCX!
Steph
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Steph »

Will have to look for that . There is a place by my house that has a lot of beers. Most likely will have it.