Burgman 200

The other 2-wheeled contraptions you ride.

Moderator: Modsquad

Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Re: Burgman 200

Post by Indyglow »

Got to sit on a Burgman 200 today. I'm 5'3" and could flat foot it. The seat is very wide. A bigger Burgman was parked right next to it and the bigger Burg's seat seemed narrower. The handlebars are black plastic covered so you couldn't add a GPS or anything like on the PCX's handlebars. But then the black plastic doesn't reflect in the windscreen like the PCX's chrome does.The Burg 200's windscreen seemed just right, not too high or too low or too wide. The storage under the seat is very good, plus there is a locking compartment under the dash and other non-locking small stash compartments above it. The gas cap also locks, but the gas door doesn't. The only potential trouble spot is the radiator which is right behind and very close to the front tire, so any rocks or gravel or road debris will be kicked right back into the radiator. It seems there should be some kind of guard or shield between the tire and the radiator. All in all, if I were to buy a scooter today I would probably get the Burgman 200, since it fits me without having to modify the seat or get lowering shocks like I did with my PCX. The Burgman also seemed quieter, no rattle noise like my PCX. But as soon as that Yamaha Tri-City three wheel makes its way to the states, I will be first in line to look at it.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have not seen the new Burgman 200 yet, but on my 400 there were Ram mounts that attached to the brake reservoirs, plus I had another mount I glued to the top of the dash area (it comes with a patch that has glue on both sides and it really really holds well.) So, yes there is a way to attach gps and other gadgets to the Burgman. I had my gps, ipod, and camera all attached to mine at the same time. The speakers were Bluetooth.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

8) Indy, great! Thanks for your review on and off the seat. I'm curious would they let you test ride it if you asked? Do you know if the seat is as wide as the Forza's? How did the lighting look (on)? Did you try putting it up on its center stand? Did it feel heavy? How's the color look? Shame it's Not white but close I guess.
Well, seeing the 200 was my plan today too, but when I called the dealer to ask if it came in Weds it didn't. The boss (who I've been dealing with) quickly said No, not yet, probably this coming week. Bummer!!
Funny that you mention the Tri-City, that's another one I want to see. Do you have any idea when they're going to arrive?
Waiting Game
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The mudguard should be long enough to stop stones being flung into the radiator.
Easy enough to add an extension if required.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Indyglow wrote:Got to sit on a Burgman 200 today. I'm 5'3" and could flat foot it. The seat is very wide. A bigger Burgman was parked right next to it and the bigger Burg's seat seemed narrower. The handlebars are black plastic covered so you couldn't add a GPS or anything like on the PCX's handlebars. But then the black plastic doesn't reflect in the windscreen like the PCX's chrome does.The Burg 200's windscreen seemed just right, not too high or too low or too wide. The storage under the seat is very good, plus there is a locking compartment under the dash and other non-locking small stash compartments above it. The gas cap also locks, but the gas door doesn't. The only potential trouble spot is the radiator which is right behind and very close to the front tire, so any rocks or gravel or road debris will be kicked right back into the radiator. It seems there should be some kind of guard or shield between the tire and the radiator. All in all, if I were to buy a scooter today I would probably get the Burgman 200, since it fits me without having to modify the seat or get lowering shocks like I did with my PCX. The Burgman also seemed quieter, no rattle noise like my PCX. But as soon as that Yamaha Tri-City three wheel makes its way to the states, I will be first in line to look at it.
But will it be faster than a PCX? And how will it handle?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:geek: Let's take a closer look at the radiator with the front fender. The radiator's location appears to be high enough but maybe(?) still susceptible to debris. This is the same radiator location that my Honda Shadow had. I would lightly brushed it when necessary (used a vacuum too). I changed the stock radiator cover for a chrome cover with side reflectors. The slots in the chrome cover were closer keeping more debris (street crap) out. The 200's radiator location looks even higher in comparison and it's front fender appears lower providing better protection. Maybe it's me, but that's how I view the pics. For reference I put a pic up of my (sold) Shadow.
Attachments
The radiator is placed higher above the fender and it is smaller than the one seen on the pic of my Shadow
The radiator is placed higher above the fender and it is smaller than the one seen on the pic of my Shadow
image.jpg (59.45 KiB) Viewed 1341 times
It looks like the 200's front fender will provide good protection to the radiator
It looks like the 200's front fender will provide good protection to the radiator
image.jpg (63.85 KiB) Viewed 1341 times
The radiator is long and narrow on the Shadow. It hangs lower than the front fender. Debris would get kicked up and into it
The radiator is long and narrow on the Shadow. It hangs lower than the front fender. Debris would get kicked up and into it
image.jpg (234.67 KiB) Viewed 1341 times
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
scisor34
Regular User
Regular User

Post by scisor34 »

But will it be faster than a PCX? And how will it handle?[/quote]

It's definitely quicker as far as acceleration than a PCX150, can't comment on top speed as I didn't get to it.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

8) I like how low the frame is..., I could really slam a ruckus seat on that :lol:
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The Burgman 200 should do 80 mph.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

dasshreddar wrote:8) I like how low the frame is..., I could really slam a ruckus seat on that :lol:
You're Right! It Would Look Awe....(you know) 8) 8) DO IT!! 8) 8)
Indyglow
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by Indyglow »

The reason I thought the radiator seemed like road debris would hit it is because the mud splash drops just from rolling across the parking lot of the dealership extended up onto the radiator. I didn't ask about a test drive because I was a finalist in a radio station motorcycle giveaway contest and that was why I was at the dealership. (I didn't win). Anyway, the underseat storage area of the Burgman 200 is lighted, the turn signals are integrated rather than sticking out on little stems like the 2013 PCX, and the silver color looks pretty nice. It seemed very well balanced just sitting on it and it was easy to get on and off the centerstand. I couldn't reach the ground sitting on a Forza, but I could easily reach the ground on the Burg, even though both had wide seats. This wasn't a Honda dealership so there were no Forzas there, but if I remember right it was a combination of very wide floorboards and wide seat that was the problem for me with the Forza. The Burg's floorboards aren't as wide.