Webike new parts

Drivetrain upgrades, engine upgrades, or any other mods to gain speed or acceleration.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Webike new parts

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Forgive me for being excited, Webike just added the SP Takegawa camshaft for the PCX 150esp. The camshaft adds between 1.5-2 hp to our 150cc engines! I'm ecstatic!
waspmike
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Webike new parts

Post by waspmike »

About 4 mph but you may have to re tune the variator as likely the power is further up the rev range.

We have cams here in Thailand but I don't have any figures other than valve overlap.
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

*plugs ears * lalalalalalala
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Mgalutia88 wrote:Forgive me for being excited, Webike just added the SP Takegawa camshaft for the PCX 150esp. The camshaft adds between 1.5-2 hp to our 150cc engines! I'm ecstatic!
Any idea what the hp gain will be for the Yuminashi cam? Mines all together now, but I haven't been able to test it yet...
mikelx5
Regular User
Regular User

Post by mikelx5 »

being that it is a higher profile i would expect higher at higher rpm
DISOBEDIENCE CREW
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

The yuminashi cam is probably .5-1hp more. I just don't want to spend the extra $100 for the rocker arms and springs lol. I guess it's just a cheaper option. I have the Takegawa FIcon2 which is preloaded with fuel maps for the cam as opposed to buying another fuel controler. It takes the guesswork out and saves money if I want to cam it.
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Mgalutia88 wrote:The yuminashi cam is probably .5-1hp more. I just don't want to spend the extra $100 for the rocker arms and springs lol. I guess it's just a cheaper option. I have the Takegawa FIcon2 which is preloaded with fuel maps for the cam as opposed to buying another fuel controler. It takes the guesswork out and saves money if I want to cam it.
Takegawa 170 with the cam for 150 model is good for just under 15hp at the wheel,it peaks at 15hp but only for a second or so and then it's like around 14.5 ..on the other hand, yuminashi 164cc with the lot, has 18hp minimum at the wheel. I also know Takegawa kit with the lot and yuminashi 31mm throttle body makes 17hp at the wheel but only at 8000rpm with sharp decline in power after that ,where as yuminashi makes 18+ all the way to the red line..they have diff power curves. Both good but Yuminashi is more fun.

Takegawa cam tuned for midrange power
Yuminashi cam ...top end power and feels lot faster

Mike, you will be happy with Takegawa though,it's quick enough, with efi module remapped for their kit options you will have no drama reliability wise..
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Pcxdemon wrote:
Mgalutia88 wrote:The yuminashi cam is probably .5-1hp more. I just don't want to spend the extra $100 for the rocker arms and springs lol. I guess it's just a cheaper option. I have the Takegawa FIcon2 which is preloaded with fuel maps for the cam as opposed to buying another fuel controler. It takes the guesswork out and saves money if I want to cam it.
Takegawa 170 with the cam for 150 model is good for just under 15hp at the wheel,it peaks at 15hp but only for a second or so and then it's like around 14.5 ..on the other hand, yuminashi 164cc with the lot, has 18hp minimum at the wheel. I also know Takegawa kit with the lot and yuminashi 31mm throttle body makes 17hp at the wheel but only at 8000rpm with sharp decline in power after that ,where as yuminashi makes 18+ all the way to the red line..they have diff power curves. Both good but Yuminashi is more fun.

Takegawa cam tuned for midrange power
Yuminashi cam ...top end power and feels lot faster

Mike, you will be happy with Takegawa though,it's quick enough, with efi module remapped for their kit options you will have no drama reliability wise..

Just a little correction on my behalf...Takegawa with the lot and yuminashi 31mm throttle body makes 17hp at the wheel but it's a first gen Pcx with the smaller head and stock ports..
New gen Pcx 150 has bigger valves and ports but it's not making as much power as the smaller head of the 125. That's from the horses mouth mr. yuminashi developing the kits and tuning them. However he has just made a new head for the 150 with redesigned combustion chamber, smaller valves and redesigned ports and it's as fast as 300cc Forza in performance however it's still not as good as first gen Pcx head, that one makes best power and easiest for tuning...
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Interesting...
Here's Takegawa's dyno map for the cam and 170cc bbk based on the 150esp.
Attachments
Pcx v1 125cc camshaft on stock engine dyno chart
Pcx v1 125cc camshaft on stock engine dyno chart
image.jpg (109.63 KiB) Viewed 2107 times
Pcx v1 125 cc big bore kit dyno chart
Pcx v1 125 cc big bore kit dyno chart
image.jpg (142.29 KiB) Viewed 2107 times
Pcx 150 170cc big bore kit dyno chart
Pcx 150 170cc big bore kit dyno chart
image.jpg (129.89 KiB) Viewed 2107 times
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

So I'm interested to see how much power can be added with the cam along with my exhaust. I will wait a while though. My last tank with the new daytona variator and the new front tire running 65-70 mph netted 87mpg. I think I may leave it the way it is. ;)
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Mgalutia88 wrote:So I'm interested to see how much power can be added with the cam along with my exhaust. I will wait a while though. My last tank with the new daytona variator and the new front tire running 65-70 mph netted 87mpg. I think I may leave it the way it is. ;)
From experience running Takegawa cam won't hurt your mpg..
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

Liking that the Power Silet Oval exhaust is showing some nice gains even on it's own. =) THe whole kit is $549 euros...what a deal! I'm tempted. But really don't feel like wrenching on the bike. Would prefer to just ride it. But it is sounding really nice. Good thing I'm reasonably light weight at 150lbs.
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

Finally. A proper dyno chart for the PCX with a locked variator.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Now the question that I am sure others are thinking: can the 150 ever be made into a 200 ? Maybe I should clarify that by asking how close the 150cc power can get to 200cc power? Does that make sense??
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Mgalutia88 »

I don't think that's too much trouble. Power to weight ratio, takegawa 170cc complete kit an you'll be there.