Farewell PCX

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ranier

Farewell PCX

Post by ranier »

Saying farewell to the red PCX. It was a fun ride and miserly on gas but it's shortcomings resulted in it losing it's place in the garage.

I used it mainly for commuting to work (16 mile round trip) and short jaunts around town for a little over a year but I missed touring on two wheels. While it's certainly capable of accomplishing that task, I needed a bigger bike for trips farther afield, capable of running on the interstate and there was only one spot for a motorbike/scooter in the garage. So this week, it gets traded in for a Triumph that'll more than fit my needs.

Thanks to the PCX Forum community for a excellent resource for owners and thanks little PCX for fun times.

ciao,
ranier
haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Farewell PCX

Post by haildamage »

congrats on the new bike.

i currently have 5 bikes including the PCX. its great for what it is and i love it for commuting but if i could only have one i would need something bigger as well!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

haildamage wrote:congrats on the new bike.

i currently have 5 bikes including the PCX. its great for what it is and i love it for commuting but if i could only have one i would need something bigger as well!

Then it wouldn't be one that you would have:D
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I love my PCX 150, but you are right. It needs more horsepower if you are going to do any highway riding, and it would also need to be heavier if you are going to be on the road a lot. I wish mine had just a little more power, but I think the big bikes came along because people wanted more power. The PCX was meant as an economical short range scooter.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
ScooterMan
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ScooterMan »

I'm working on making mine more powerful. I came from riding 1000cc late model sportbikes with 165hp until I got busted doing wheelies several times. THe PCX is to keep me in check. I tried the CBR 250, but found it a bit frustrating as MPG wasn't great, MPG was less than expected, and then there's the stigma of a 250. Lol. I really enjoy the cargo capability of a scooter, and the PCX has a nice enough OEM susp for me. I'm taking off some excess weight, took care of the gearing (goes 79mh now) and will prob do a pod filter and exhaust to round things out to see if I can get just a fraction of a hp more . =)
2015 PCX 150 (White)[/color]
Top speed 76mph(2015) 79mph (2013)with NCY variator & Drive Face
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Doing wheelies and being conscious about MPG don't seem to fit together. ;) :lol: :lol:
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
stryder123
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 forza
Color: Red

Post by stryder123 »

I miss the Honda PC800 It was ahead of it's time. If it had come out now it would be very popular I think.
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

You're right, stryder, about the PC800. Saw one in a dealer showroom last year, right before I got the PCX. The Pacific Coast didn't look out of place amongst the new bikes. Very tempted by the bike, but the dealer wanted a fortune for it. Guess the PC800 is a collector's bike now.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Tempting?
You guys like the PC800, 8) take a look here. Still a cool looking bike and affordable
http://www.pc800buysell.org
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
JCVA
Banned User
Banned User

Post by JCVA »

ranier wrote:Saying farewell to the red PCX. It was a fun ride and miserly on gas but it's shortcomings resulted in it losing it's place in the garage.

I used it mainly for commuting to work (16 mile round trip) and short jaunts around town for a little over a year but I missed touring on two wheels. While it's certainly capable of accomplishing that task, I needed a bigger bike for trips farther afield, capable of running on the interstate and there was only one spot for a motorbike/scooter in the garage. So this week, it gets traded in for a Triumph that'll more than fit my needs.

Thanks to the PCX Forum community for a excellent resource for owners and thanks little PCX for fun times.

ciao,
ranier
Same here. After only having the PCX for about a 1 1/2 months, I decided I needed something with more power. My youth coming back to me. Still wanting great gas mileage and being a cheapskate, I opted for a leftover 2013 Honda CBR500R. At $4999, it was a no brainer.
The PCX is a fantastic marvel of engineering and I had a blast with it, I expect the same from the CBR500, after all, its a Honda. The CBR500 should still get me a minimum of 65 mpg with the power to commute on interstate if needed. I will definitely miss the storage.
This forum has been a fountain of great information for me, thx to all, no doubt I will keep reading.
powpilot
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by powpilot »

"Same here. After only having the PCX for about a 1 1/2 months, I decided I needed something with more power. My youth coming back to me. Still wanting great gas mileage and being a cheapskate, I opted for a leftover 2013 Honda CBR500R. At $4999, it was a no brainer.
The PCX is a fantastic marvel of engineering and I had a blast with it, I expect the same from the CBR500, after all, its a Honda. The CBR500 should still get me a minimum of 65 mpg with the power to commute on interstate if needed. I will definitely miss the storage.
This forum has been a fountain of great information for me, thx to all, no doubt I will keep reading.[/quote]"

There might be a trend in here somewhere. I bought my PCX 150 less than 4 weeks ago and did it rather quickly. The seller was literally loading up his household belongings on a moving van and I just caught him! I have really enjoyed the scoot, but it didn't quite meet all of my needs, so Friday I bought a new Forza. I must say that the Forza is whole different ride and I am much happier with it and on it. I'm may lose a few dollars selling the PCX, but it's definitely worthwhile to get on the proper machine.

Kind of embarrassing to make such a mistake, but on the plus side my wife hasn't rubbed my nose in it too much. At least not yet.

Gary
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

There are good storage options available for the new Honda 500s from Honda, Givi and others.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

I'm having the same problem. That as much as I love the PCX it just isn't the right scooter for my needs either. I tried the Forza and for me it wasn't a good fit. I will still buy another larger scooter, I'm just not sure which one yet. I went to a different dealer then the one I bought my PCX. If the first dealer had asked the same questions as the second dealer. I probably wouldn't have bought the PCX. We just aren't sure what we are going to do with the PCX yet. It is a great little scooter for around town.