New bike clock

Cosmetic accessories, comfort accessories, windshields, luggage racks, etc.

Moderator: Modsquad

illegal
Regular User
Regular User

Re: New bike clock

Post by illegal »

Sooo, today I received my clock from the link above. It looks great, BUT:
- clock is for 22 mm handlebar diameter. PCX has 22 mm, but only in the middle and this clock is wider than the space between handlebar mounts, so I had to mount it on side
- that wouldn't be a problem, but handlebar has diameter of 23 mm on side, so I had to use hammer to get clock there :)
However, everything is in place and I think no one will be able to put that clock down from my handlebar :D
Attachments
IMAG0066.jpg
IMAG0066.jpg (186.71 KiB) Viewed 2087 times
2013 Honda PCX 125
http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/569523.html
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

The clocks4bikes ones fit perfectly in the middle. :/
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^ Indeed it does :P
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Isn't quality priceless

This topic is :D
cfrobw
Regular User
Regular User

Post by cfrobw »

looks like the aluminum copy could be narrow enough to sit in the center of the bars.

Personally I use my iphone 5 and Scala Rider Bluetooth headset. When I want to know what time it is I press the button on the Scala rider, the phone beeps in ready to make a call. I say What time is it, and the phone tells me the time. I was able to do it with my iphone 3gs before it broke. I figured it out by accident, I just pressed the button and what time is it and the 3gs told me the time. Aside from that and calling contacts and dialing numbers that's all the 33gs could do. The iphone 5 on the other hand can tell me the weather, tell me how hare stores are from my current location, all kinds of stuff. One of my headsets got damaged and the fm radio isn't working anymore. So I'm about to buy a new set.
-Rob

Currently own: 2013 PCX 150
Previously owned: 1987 Honda Elite 80, 1993 Honda Elite 80, 2008 Honda Elite 80, 2010 Honda Elite 110
beos59

Post by beos59 »

At famous cheap-stock Biltema in Sweden we have this watch which seems appropriate:
82-539_m.jpg
82-539_m.jpg (11.39 KiB) Viewed 2021 times
It has both clock and temperature, has back-lightning and is said to be waterproof. About 20 USD. Is fastened with straps to the handlebar... I think I will get one.

http://www.biltema.se/sv/Bil---MC/MC/Ti ... ter-82539/
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

No English on website but it appears it will do the trick! Simple is sometimes better than the more complicated ;) This is a clean style. Do you plan to mount this on center bar? Share a pic when it's mounted :P
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hatari »

here's mine:
Attachments
watch.jpg
watch.jpg (24.99 KiB) Viewed 2012 times
beos59

Post by beos59 »

WhiteNoise wrote:No English on website but it appears it will do the trick! Simple is sometimes better than the more complicated ;) This is a clean style. Do you plan to mount this on center bar? Share a pic when it's mounted :P
Will do. Unfortunately they don't do mail orders so you have to make visit here to get it... :D. Or do a picture search to find out other outlets using the same OEM. Agree about simple, no hammer to be used at least. :o However it may be to wide for finding a good place on the handlebar, we'll see.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I went to that site using Chrome and it says 129 GBP. I don't think that equals $20 .
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
6ftMach1Girl
Regular User
Regular User

Post by 6ftMach1Girl »

dustin91 wrote:Ha! Who can be bored when there's riding to do?!?
Amen!
beos59

Post by beos59 »

Mel46 wrote:I went to that site using Chrome and it says 129 GBP. I don't think that equals $20 .
Don't trust all Chrome says... it's 129 SEK which is very close to 20 USD. Also Chrome: 20 US-dollar = 127,046238 svenska kronor
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

My husband bought me the Clocks4Bikes for my birthday and it works perfectly in the middle of my PCX. Looks great as well. When they sent it they also had a handwritten card thanking him for the purchase. I think it's a nice touch.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

8) Applause, 8) Applause, 8) Applause for Clocks4Bikes! Do not refrain from buying, they are the Very Best!! (in my opinion and said as read).
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

Here's my thread showing the Formotion clock I purchased. Still looks great!

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f ... lit=+clock
beos59

Post by beos59 »

Here is the mounted Biltema clock as promised. It got a little cramped in the center section when I also mounted a holder for my Samsung S4 mini, but it worked quite nicely at the end. Plastic straps are good stuff to mount things with! The phone does not hide the instrument panel at all, it is just the photo perspective that make it look that way. Now I only need to find a place to grab some 12V from for the USB charger to be mounted on the handlebar as well... anyone have some suggestions where to get 12V from close to handlebar?
20140416_210632.jpg
20140416_210632.jpg (96.79 KiB) Viewed 1898 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I wanted to pass some things on that you folks might find interesting. First of all, I bought a $1 rubber wrist watch at one of our many Dollar Stores, and I took off the band and tie wrapped the watch to my handle bar in the middle. It is just a little too large to fit between the bar bolts but it is just right sitting on top of them. Cheap solution. Second, for you folks who have Ram Mounts, the Ram Mount cover that goes on the brake reservoir is the sake exact size for the pcx as for the 2006 Suzuki Burgman 400. I sold my Burgman but pulled the 2 Ram Mounts that went on the brake reservoirs. I put one on my wife's pcx and one on my new pcx. My gps is attached there now. Also, since I do not have a 12 volt socket yet, I ran a wire under my seat and attached it to a battery that I normally use to recharge my cell phone, tablet and gps with. I bought it on sale and it is a 20,000 mah battery, which can recharge 2 items at once and has enough juice to fully recharge 20 iphones. I can ride all day and the battery wont completely discharge. I hope these pearls of wisdom are useful to someone out there.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
wolfpaws2

Post by wolfpaws2 »

I too was in the market for a clock for my 2013 Honda PCX. I saw this posting recommending Clocks4Bikes and just wasn't impressed with their clocks. I continued to search and found Marlin's Clocks (marlinsclocks.com). This is a veteran owned company that offers a wide variety of faces (all glow in the dark). I wound up getting a dual mount clock and temperature set and love it!
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (17.89 KiB) Viewed 1805 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

wolfpaws2 wrote:I too was in the market for a clock for my 2013 Honda PCX. I saw this posting recommending Clocks4Bikes and just wasn't impressed with their clocks. I continued to search and found Marlin's Clocks (marlinsclocks.com). This is a veteran owned company that offers a wide variety of faces (all glow in the dark). I wound up getting a dual mount clock and temperature set and love it!

Good find :D
Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Bash On! »

you you wrote:Isn't quality priceless

This topic is :D
Actually, it's timeless. As my late post proves.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?