Terrible experience at the MVA today

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Bash On!
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: Terrible experience at the MVA today

Post by Bash On! »

Mel46 wrote:I know the South is quite lenient when it comes to cars, but when it comes to motorcycles, really, what is inspected?
In Texas, I don't know what's on the official inspection list, but in practice, they look at insurance coverage, current tag, lights, horn, tires and a cursory brake check.
2013 PCX 150 [now an ex-bike, soon to be consigned to the bottom line of the sig]
2013 Silver Wing ABS (Black)
1971 BMW R75/5 (White)
Too many ex-bikes to list, and, besides, who really cares what we used to own?
sendler2112
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150

Post by sendler2112 »

mongerhater wrote:I was so fed up and just took the decal and left. Now I'm confused, should I just go along with the ORV and ride as if it is one and not bother getting a license? Or maybe it is a ORV? Probably going to try a different mva on monday
You obviously can't ride it on the road with an off road license. Go to a different office. They should be able to go by the VIN to know which vehicle the PCX is and that it needs plates.
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

They made me shows lights were working. Which is why I am riding without an inspection until I get my turn signals repaired
ImageImage
katschamne
Regular User
Regular User

Post by katschamne »

I know I didn't have to much terrible in Illinois. Although when I told them that it was a scooter they said well you need a L class license. I told no because it is over a 149 cc so I have to have a M class license. They were okay and put it though as a M class.
adambee

Post by adambee »

It was a breeze here in DC. All my experiences with the DC DMV have been efficient and painless. Other DC agencies, though, are terrible to work with-- god help you if you need a replacement trash can. I've never understood why some agencies are so well run and others are so awful.