so i went into the honda dealers today........

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Duggle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 - 150
Color: black

Re: so i went into the honda dealers today........

Post by Duggle »

dustin91 wrote:Just curious... can you post pics of where the airbags are located? I truly have no idea where they are on a motorcycle.
Ratster wrote:That twin airbag set up is quite nice. Bike too!
Read this carefully a few times. o_O
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

What I don't get is the cost differential between the CB300F (around $4000 plus assorted fees) and the Forza ($5600 plus the same assorted fees). Both are the same size engine (more or less - CB300 a tiny bit more) - the claimed mileage is pretty much the same (Forza, the slightly smaller engine but 20% heavier, a tiny bit less). Is it that the CVT transmission is that much more complicated, or the additional fairings and other assorted plastic on the Forza? While I love my PCX (and the joy of twist and go), had the CB300 been out I would have had to do a bit of a justification to not add $500 for a machine with double (almost) the power.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
Duggle
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013 - 150
Color: black

Post by Duggle »

Oh, p.s. I forgot to say. It looks really nice with the red accent on the wheels. I think I should order some of that for my PCX.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

GeorgeSK wrote:What I don't get is the cost differential between the CB300F (around $4000 plus assorted fees) and the Forza ($5600 plus the same assorted fees). Both are the same size engine (more or less - CB300 a tiny bit more) - the claimed mileage is pretty much the same (Forza, the slightly smaller engine but 20% heavier, a tiny bit less). Is it that the CVT transmission is that much more complicated, or the additional fairings and other assorted plastic on the Forza? While I love my PCX (and the joy of twist and go), had the CB300 been out I would have had to do a bit of a justification to not add $500 for a machine with double (almost) the power.
Simple, a scooter is more capable transport, a far superior machine in so many ways.
Forza was all new, designed from the ground up as a standalone machine with very few shared components.
The CB300 looks like a raid on the bargain basement parts bin.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hatari »

GeorgeSK wrote:What I don't get is the cost differential between the CB300F (around $4000 plus assorted fees) and the Forza ($5600 plus the same assorted fees). Both are the same size engine (more or less - CB300 a tiny bit more) - the claimed mileage is pretty much the same (Forza, the slightly smaller engine but 20% heavier, a tiny bit less). Is it that the CVT transmission is that much more complicated, or the additional fairings and other assorted plastic on the Forza? While I love my PCX (and the joy of twist and go), had the CB300 been out I would have had to do a bit of a justification to not add $500 for a machine with double (almost) the power.

The 300F we get over here has ABS as standard (non ABS not an option).....pretty sure that the $3,995 price quoted for the 300F in the US is for a non ABS version (no mention of ABS in the spec)......also only Red available (here we have white, red or black).....
hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hatari »

gn2 wrote:
Simple, a scooter is more capable transport, a far superior machine in so many ways.
Forza was all new, designed from the ground up as a standalone machine with very few shared components.
The CB300 looks like a raid on the bargain basement parts bin.
I have to agree that a scooter is a very nice mode of transport...........i'm on my 3rd PCX....twist and go is just great.

When the Forza came out, i test drove one for an hour, round town and out on the highway.........the downside for me living in Pattaya was that its too big n bulky to nip in and out of the congestion...and also much harder to find a parking space....

If you live "out in the sticks" (as i suggest you do), so no traffic jams to bog you down - you'd be hard pressed to find much better than the Forza for a nice, easy, relaxing ride......
hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hatari »

dustin91 wrote:Just curious... can you post pics of where the airbags are located? I truly have no idea where they are on a motorcycle.
I just can't wait until i get the invite to pop round to your place for a "knock-out whist" evening, and hopefully check any new additions to your scandinavian credit card collection.....
hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hatari »

Duggle wrote:Oh, p.s. I forgot to say. It looks really nice with the red accent on the wheels. I think I should order some of that for my PCX.
Yes agree, one of the best value things you can do to your bike / scooter.......Equivilant of about 12 UK Pounds supplied and fitted (while you wait) over here.....
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

When I do encounter queing traffic the Forza just glides through effortlessly.
Obviously congestion in Aberdeen is not on the same scale as Pattaya though.
Honda used to have a similar model here, the CBF250, it wasn't a big seller, but licences have changed and so has the economic climate, so a CBF300 might do ok.
Or maybe not, Suzuki do the Inazuma250 at a very cheap price but I have yet to see one on the road.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/82 ... a02-01.jpg

https://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/motorcycles ... azuma-250/
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

hatari wrote:
The 300F we get over here has ABS as standard (non ABS not an option).....pretty sure that the $3,995 price quoted for the 300F in the US is for a non ABS version (no mention of ABS in the spec)......also only Red available (here we have white, red or black).....
ABS price differential should only add about $150 or so, as in the UK (SHi for example) is £200 more for ABS over CBS (we are ripped off $-£ wise over here, i.e. $200 is usually £200! when there is $1.50 to the £)
hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hatari »

gn2 wrote:When I do encounter queing traffic the Forza just glides through effortlessly.
Obviously congestion in Aberdeen is not on the same scale as Pattaya though.
Honda used to have a similar model here, the CBF250, it wasn't a big seller, but licences have changed and so has the economic climate, so a CBF300 might do ok.
Or maybe not, Suzuki do the Inazuma250 at a very cheap price but I have yet to see one on the road.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/82 ... a02-01.jpg

https://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/motorcycles ... azuma-250/

The problem we have here in Thailand is that import duty on non-Thai made stuff is horendous (circa 2-300%)....in the last few years more and more Thai made bikes are starting to emerge.........The two bikes you mentioned would be way to expensive here....

The good news is that the Thai made stuff is often cheaper than the uk...A PCX (and we get the 150 here, not the 125) is circa 1,550 UK pounds ans the Forza is circa 2,900 UK Pounds....

The (Thai made) CB300F being launched was yet more choice for us out here...

And the Traffic in Pattaya is like an episode of Wacky Races........
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

hatari wrote:And the Traffic in Pattaya is like an episode of Wacky Races........
And BKK traffic is like Pattaya traffic on steroids. ;) Enjoy your new ride. Do you ride in the countryside a bit, being that you are keeping the PCX for Pattaya riding?
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hatari »

kramnala58 wrote:
hatari wrote:And the Traffic in Pattaya is like an episode of Wacky Races........
And BKK traffic is like Pattaya traffic on steroids. ;) Enjoy your new ride. Do you ride in the countryside a bit, being that you are keeping the PCX for Pattaya riding?
yep...PCX for round town...300F for occasional town, but mainly for rides out......
hatari
Regular User
Regular User

Post by hatari »

Z250, Duke 200 and the F.....
Attachments
Copy of Three 007.jpg
Copy of Three 007.jpg (304.41 KiB) Viewed 1021 times
Copy of Three 005.jpg
Copy of Three 005.jpg (332.94 KiB) Viewed 1021 times
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

gn2 wrote: Honda used to have a similar model here, the CBF250, it wasn't a big seller, but licences have changed and so has the economic climate, so a CBF300 might do ok.
Spot on!

The 125cc/CBT thing and then having to have A2 for more ccs, tends to mean 250s and 300s get overlooked in the UK (and Europe) as folk who pass their A2 test tend to go for bigger ccs (I'm generalising, I know.)

I recently bought a Yamaha YBR250 (similar size to the 300F ^) - quite a rare bike as very few sold because of the reasons I suggested ^.

:)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

That YBF250 is another cracking little bike, cheap as chips to buy and run.
Comfortable and sensible perfect for all year transport.
No use for summer posing though so sales poor.
Typical UK biker these days is a fair weather poser.
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

gn2 wrote:That YBF250 is another cracking little bike, cheap as chips to buy and run.
Comfortable and sensible perfect for all year transport.
No use for summer posing though so sales poor.
Typical UK biker these days is a fair weather poser.
Once again, I concur. :)